Rod Petrie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ranter said:

Hope when our club makes another statement the say that petries statement was disgraceful and unbecoming of an sfa official. That would be good way of getting the fans united behind them, and letting the rest of scottish football know we're not taking anymore shit from them.

(tu) Very good point . 

"If that happened...."  Righto ya bawbag, he didn't see any violence and it was all just exuberance.

Disgraceful, shocking, etc.    But what's  his response    "It's unacceptable "

Total dick, can see why he's part of the sfa 

Seen this earlier mate, not only was his 'fans' behaviour yesterday utterly embarrassing but also was his interview. Trying to play it down big time, and the got slaughtered. Notice at the end he couldn't even agree that it was a disgrace, even though the media tried to get the word out of him time and time again. Fucking bawbag, that club is scum from top to bottom. 

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

Am I hearing correctly? He seemed to be trying to infer that the Rangers players didn't go back on to the pitch to get their medals because they had lost the game.

That was my take on it too mate. Like they didn't want a runners up medal.

I am not one for getting angry at interviews and what people say. 

However that interview from Petrie was an utter disgrace and an embarrassment to Scottish football. He simply has to resign after that. Regardless of not knowing the facts, the refusal to agree that fighting on a football pitch is "disgraceful" speaks volumes.

9 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Am I hearing correctly? He seemed to be trying to infer that the Rangers players didn't go back on to the pitch to get their medals because they had lost the game.

Also seemed to accuse the journos of exaggeration . Man's a clown . 

If this was the other way around, I would fully expect our Chairman to be getting slaughtered on RM for saying what any chairman should say in these circumstances. It is unacceptable, has brought shame on the club, any individuals identified will be banned, etc. He should have either said nothing until he knew more, or condemned the violence.

That's an absolutely astonishing press conference.

It's blatant that he doesn't have confidence in what he's saying; he's literally regurgitating the same words, but in a different structure.

Credit to the journalists who, in response to his attempt to play the oblivious card, seem genuinely astounded by his comments. There are some very good statements from a couple of journalists in particular.

It's frightening to think that he's on the board of the SFA.