Is the board inaction today

Smile

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Letting the Media get this story turned in hibs/sfa Favour. Are we looking like we are about to let them off the Hook.?

How do you know they aren't active?

I think they would be using today to try to get an understanding of what has happened and to see what the Police, SFA etc have to say. I would expect in the next day or two we will make our feelings and expectations clear.

I think a small statement just updating fans on the health of our players and staff would be fine just now.

We need to box clever here as there will hopefully criminal cases being made right now, and we dont want to effect that in any way.

We will need to make another statement at one point, slamming the SFA and demaning action taken against hibs ( if none is taken soon)

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

Letting the Media get this story turned in hibs/sfa Favour. Are we looking like we are about to let them off the Hook.?

You not think they might be involved in ongoing investigations and have been advised not to comment further?

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I think a small statement just updating fans on the health of our players and staff would be fine just now.

We need to box clever here as there will hopefully criminal cases being made right now, and we dont want to effect that in any way.

We will need to make another statement at one point, slamming the SFA and demaning action taken against hibs ( if none is taken soon)

Do you remember last year when Moshni got attacked and defended himself, the board never backed him either. it was turned the other way i don't want to see a repeat of this.

You can see they/media are trying to turn this into a show of exuberance by the hibs support rather than what it was. 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Do you remember last year when Moshni got attacked and defended himself, the board never backed him either. it was turned the other way i don't want to see a repeat of this.

I don't think we will.  yesterdays statement showed that we are very anrgy right now.  This isn't the same thing as Mohsni IMO.

The club released a statement after the game. I would like to be updated on the condition of our players who were assaulted but I expect the club is working with police and speaking to the SFA to get this dealt with. Investigations will be ongoing. It might not be a good idea to say too much right now.

The club must put pressure on Hibs, SFA, Police, and the Scottish/UK government until this has been dealt with. Nobody should be let away with this. I want to see the club take action against those responsible and also for any players/staff who were assaulted to press charges. I want to see jailtime, fines, sanctions, restrictions, and punishments handed out. 

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Rangers making a statement will not influence any court case

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

I don't think we will.  yesterdays statement showed that we are very anrgy right now.  This isn't the same thing as Mohsni IMO.

Agree its not the same, but we should have still protected him better as a Rangers player.

We should at the very least be calling for the BBC to explain why they allowed a high profile member of their staff (cosgrove) to repeatedly wash over and shrug off the seriousness of fans attacking our players. It was a clear display of his hatred towards Rangers.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Do you remember last year when Moshni got attacktd and defended himself, the board never backed him either. it was turned the other way i don't want to see a repeat of this.

I cant see the police leaving any stone unturned mate as they need to turn IT INto a PR positive because their part of all this amateurish and thats being kind, IF the new big boss wants his Knighthood then high profile things like this are right up there, I would IMagine when any statement after they round up the scum wont be from any low ranked officer. I would think the Board have been given assurances and asked to sit tight on any daming statements for a day or so.

Just now, piperpete said:

I cant see the police leaving any stone unturned mate as they need to turn IT INto a PR positive because their part of all this amateurish and thats being kind, IF the new big boss wants his Knighthood then high profile things like this are right up there, I would IMagine when any statement after they round up the scum wont be from any low ranked officer. I would think the Board have been given assurances and asked to sit tight on any daming statements for a day or so.

I hope so as we seem fair game now i think anyone who was at the game yesterday will feel we have to act and act now as we have been getting shat on by everyone and now its looking as if its okay to beat the shit out of our players and supporters.

The board cant give an inch on this.

We were apparently close to a couple of signings, I would imagine they are concentrating on getting these tied up while collating the evidence for the fight further down the road. An update on the health of the affected players wouldn't go a miss though.