Fyvie comments on pitch invasion

The problem is that it will make some fans want to let him see what it is like to be on the receiving end of 'over-exuberance'. This is actually the most appalling situation I can imagine, nobody seems willing to condemn something so blatantly wrong just because it is Rangers. This sort of comment is encouraging it to be repeated in the future.

56 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

The problem is that it will make some fans want to let him see what it is like to be on the receiving end of 'over-exuberance'. This is actually the most appalling situation I can imagine, nobody seems willing to condemn something so blatantly wrong just because it is Rangers. This sort of comment is encouraging it to be repeated in the future.

100% correct. I honestly cannot imagine any other club not getting the support of the whole sporting, political, judicial and media establishment were this to happen to their players, staff and fans.

The contrast with what happened when a Hearts fan tried to attack Lennon is staggering.

Honestly this day just keeps shocking me again and again and that tops it off.  That fucking ARSEHOLE has now got the full benefit of knowing what happened including his fellow professionals being attacked and spat on and that is what he has to say.

Next time we play them Kenny Miller should go into their dressing room and paint the walls with that prick.

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

100% correct. I honestly cannot imagine any other club not getting the support of the whole political, judicial and media establishment were this to happen to their players, staff and fans.

The contrast with what happened when a Hearts fan tried to attack Lennon is staggering.

Fucking exactly mate.  Raging again.

1 minute ago, markem said:

Honestly this day just keeps shocking me again and again and that tops it off.  That fucking ARSEHOLE has now got the full benefit of knowing what happened including his fellow professionals being attacked and spat on and that is what he has to say.

Next time we play them Kenny Miller should go into their dressing room and paint the walls with that prick.

I hope the next time we play them Fyvie Is collecting his bus pass!

It beggars belief yet at this point comes as no surprise that in a country that with regularity demands serious punishment of Rangers football club and it's supporters, by everyone from fans to key figures of Scottish public life, for alleged financial wrongdoing or for alleged singing/chanting offensive words, that the response to a mass pitch invasion, vandalism of the national stadium, goading of the Rangers support in an aggressive manner and assault/ABH/GBH on the Rangers players and possibly match officials is met with merely vague comments that 'scenes after the final whistle marred an otherwise good game' and were also met thus far largely with indifference/dismissal/deflection in response by the Police, the SFA, Hibs as a club, their supporters, the wider footballing support, Scottish government and figures of public life in this country.

Where is the immediate and angry condemnation of physical violence by the many who regularly vocally condemn strongly the disputed seriousness and offensiveness of words?

We are thus far witnessing a very public and blatant, shockingly unequal double standard with regards to acceptable behaviour by different teams fans.

The sinister tone, nevermind undertone, expressed numerous times now by key figures is that Hibs fans violent thuggery and widespread mob-mentally was understandable and could be largely dismissed due to the fact they hadn't won a footballing trophy of significance for a long period of time; I could infact put that statement in quotation such is its accuracy.

An absolutely outrageous lackluster response to serious violent criminality when compared to the swift, persistent and strong words/action on offensive words/songs that goes all the way to the Scottish Government itself.   

1 hour ago, legalbeagle said:

Most likely goading out support to enact revenge, at which point we all know what would happen.

The most disgusting thing is a certain Mr Miller being dignified enough to go congratulate them on their win only to have this kind of comment thrown out, diminishing the atrocious behaviour towards our own.

Kenny, you are a true Ranger, these scumbags do not deserve your plaudits.

Shame on Scotland, shame on every single one of the apologists.  

No surrender, ever.

4 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

It beggars belief yet at this point comes as no surprise that in a country that with regularity demands serious punishment of Rangers football club and it's supporters, by everyone from fans to key figures of Scottish public life, for alleged financial wrongdoing or for singing/chanting offensive words, that the response to a mass pitch invasion, vandalism of the national stadium, goading of the Rangers support in an aggressive manner and assault/ABH/GBH on the Rangers players and possibly match officials is met with merely vague comments that 'scenes after the final whistle marred an otherwise good game' and were met thus far largely with indifference/dismissal/deflection in response by the Police, the SFA, Hibs as a club, their supporters, the wider footballing support, Scottish government and figures of public life in this country.

Where is the immediate and angry condemnation of physical violence by the many who regularly vocally condemn strongly the disputed seriousness and offensiveness of words?

I agree with what you are saying 100% very quiet when the big bad Rangers are the wronged party.In a topic you yourself posted in you were condemning the Rangers fans that went on the pitch and granted not as much info was available at the time.I may be wrongly projecting this on to you and its nothing personal you are a sensible and decent poster on here but you had the Rangers fans guilty as charged and I think partly the constant negative media portrayal can even give Rangers fans this mindset to a degree never mind the neutrals.Not an attack on you just my observation.

Seems some are getting things muddled up here.

Invading the pitch to celebrate a trophy they've waited over 100 years for? Fair enough, id be more surprised if they didn't.

Invading the pitch, assaulting players and staff and then trying to get a rise from our fans as the police were nowhere to be seen? Nah, not acceptable and that's the issue here.

9 hours ago, TheBoyDave said:

I agree with what you are saying 100% very quiet when the big bad Rangers are the wronged party.In a topic you yourself posted in you were condemning the Rangers fans that went on the pitch and granted not as much info was available at the time.I may be wrongly projecting this on to you and its nothing personal you are a sensible and decent poster on here but you had the Rangers fans guilty as charged and I think partly the constant negative media portrayal can even give Rangers fans this mindset to a degree never mind the neutrals.Not an attack on you just my observation.

No offence taken and as more details are made public my initial interpretation of events becomes more evidently wrong.

While one or two, who in taking understandable offence at my mistaken understanding of events, believed I had Rangers fans down as guilty on the basis of previous accusations laid at the door of our club, my interpretation and subsequent comments were actually on the basis of an unfortunate series of snippets of the goings on which I seen/heard. To elaborate I never got to see much of the game but I managed to catch basically the last 10 minutes, as you can imagine in dejection at seeing us concede a soft-winning goal, I averted my attention from the screen/commentary around the final whistle. What I then got to hear was along the lines of 'Hibs fans have invaded the pitch in celebration but who can blame them' or 'it's understandable considering the wait they've had for a trophy', followed by 'ugly scenes here with Rangers fans taking to the pitch' (in defeat mind); I then got to see pretty much a Hibs fan bouncing on the bar and our fans being driven back by police mounted on Clydesdales (harks back to a bygone era of troubles in British football) while several individuals on both sides goading each other.

Now I hold my hands up to just how wrong I interpreted the events and I understand why several of our support were both quick and strong to tear me a metaphorical new-one but I hope at least that it can be understood why/how I reached such a wrong conclusion at that moment. None the less I backtracked hastily in my latter posts and edited my initial post to hold my hands up at getting it wrong and to apologise for the offense caused. I have no interests in seeing our fans and our club be targeted further on the grounds of fans behaviour and in that moment I thought I was witnessing a massive own-goal from a minority but sizable number of our support in response to an abject performance and defeat to a side whom have, with regularity, riled us all in recent times. My hopefully understandable concern was that the actions of a few were misguidedly providing a big-fucking-stick to beat us with to the hands of our enemies; I think that had my view of things been correct then my comments would have been considered fair and balanced considering the certain ramifications for our club that has, let's not forget, been persistently singled-out and targeted for near the last 10 years. I believe most people would automatically assume the commentary/pictures to have provided more accuracy to the reality than it did (despite my view being snippets) and in turn I hope it's at least understandable to those that I rightfully angered, why I got it so wrong. From my point of view the initial posts/threads on the matter made by others seemed to confirm my understanding of things but it became obvious in the subsequent posts/minutes that I had been, infact, well off-base.

You know you have made a massive howler when you later get to hear commentary of Andy 'allegations against Rangers couldn't be more serious' Walker strongly condemn the Hibs supporters actions/violent-thuggery in real-time as things 'kicked-off'.

I'm scunnered at the responses I got to be completely honest however with the knowledge I now have of those events, I cannot complain at having received them and I fully understand why I was on the receiving end of them.

I know quite a few on here are themselves scunnered by the lengths of my posts (I do get that) and oddly to me my 'uppityness' but I would like to think they can accept my explanation and apology; furthermore that they don't hold those comments against me in future. 

4 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

No offence taken and as more details are made public my initial interpretation of events becomes more evidently wrong.

While one or two, who in taking understandable offence at my mistaken understanding of events, believed I had Rangers fans down as guilty on the basis of previous accusations laid at the door of our club, my interpretation and subsequent comments were actually on the basis of an unfortunate series of snippets of the goings on which I seen/heard. To elaborate I never got to see much of the game but I managed to catch basically the last 10 minutes, as you can imagine in dejection at seeing us concede a soft-winning goal, I averted my attention from the screen/commentary around the final whistle. What I then got to hear was along the lines of 'Hibs fans have invaded the pitch in celebration but who can blame them' or 'it's understandable considering the wait they've had for a trophy', followed by 'ugly scenes here with Rangers fans taking to the pitch' (in defeat mind); I then got to see pretty much a Hibs fan bouncing on the bar and our fans being driven back by police mounted on Clydesdales (harks back to a bygone era of troubles in British football) while several individuals on both sides goading each other.

Now I hold my hands up to just how wrong I interpreted the events and I understand why several of our support were both quick and strong to tear me a metaphorical new-one but I hope at least that it can be understood why/how I reached such a wrong conclusion at that moment. None the less I backtracked hastily in my latter posts and edited my initial post to hold my hands up at getting it wrong and to apologise for the offense caused. I have no interests in seeing our fans and our club be targeted further on the grounds of fans behaviour and in that moment I thought I was witnessing a massive own-goal from a minority but sizable number of our support in response to an abject performance and defeat to a side whom have, with regularity, riled us all in recent times. My hopefully understandable concern was that the actions of a few were misguidedly providing a big-fucking-stick to beat us with to the hands of our enemies; I think that had my view of things been correct then my comments would have been considered fair and balanced considering the certain ramifications for our club that has, let's not forget, been persistently singled-out and targeted for near the last 10 years. I believe most people would automatically assume the commentary/pictures to have provided more accuracy to the reality than it did (despite my view being snippets) and in turn I hope it's at least understandable to those that I rightfully angered, why I got it so wrong. From my point of view the initial posts/threads on the matter made by others seemed to confirm my understanding of things but it became obvious in the subsequent posts/minutes that I had infact was well off-base.

You know you have made a massive howler when you later get to hear commentary of Andy 'allegations against Rangers couldn't be more serious' Walker strongly condemn the Hibs supporters actions/violent-thuggery in real-time as things 'kicked-off'.

I'm scunnered at the responses I got to be completely honest however with the knowledge I now have of those events, I cannot complain at having received them and I fully understand why I was on the receiving end of them.

I know quite a few on here are themselves scunnered by the lengths of my posts (I do get that) and oddly to me my 'uppityness' but I would like to think they can accept my explanation and apology and don't hold those comments against me in future. 

Not that you had too but thanks for explaining.I do read a good amount of posts on here although I do not always sign in to post.Totally makes sense if you did not see all of game.I honestly think if shoe was on the other foot and our fans attacked Hibs players our players would condemn the fans who did it and enquiry about wellbeing of the assaulted.