My email to my MSP Derek Mackay regarding the Cup Final chaos.

Oath.jpg

My elected MSP is Derek Mackay pictured above (Renfrewshire North and West; Representing Renfrew, Bishopton, Bridge of Weir, Crosslee, Erskine, Gallowhill, Houston, Inchinnan, Kilmacolm, Langbank and Quarriers Village ) and he is currently the Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Constitution. He is also currently the SNP Business Convener (Chairman of the Party).

Considering the lack of comment on the disgraceful scenes marring the end of the Scottish Cup final I have emailed him the following;

"Dear Sir,

As my elected MSP I would like to hear/read you as being on the record with your views on the mass pitch invasion, damage to our National stadium, mass-incitement of the Rangers support, violent thuggery/hooliganism, player/official assault etc. etc. carried out by Hibs fans during their teams Scottish Cup Final victory on Saturday afternoon. 

Furthermore I would like you either to offer explanation, or, to ask the question as to why our elected First Minister is in the media strongly condemning the lack of golf club membership to women yet she is silent on these disgraceful, violent, criminal, inflammatory and possibly repeating scenes (if the authorities do not stamp it out prior to subsequent encounters between the two sides) bar to say 'Congratulations' to Hibs on their victory? She is after all the very same First Minister who has taken a hard line against what some consider to be offensive words, your party as I need not remind you passed legislation with regards to that despite its controversial nature. There is surely a scale of gravity in which it is recognised that physical violence supersedes words/songs?

I would like to remind you that following a Hearts fans outrageous violent assault on Celtic manager Neil Lennon, among other offences committed on the 11th May 2011, our then First Minister Alex Salmond commented the very next day to say...

"Let’s be clear, there were a number of incidents last night at Tynecastle, I've had a full report on them, they are totally unacceptable, they're not going to be tolerated and action will follow which makes that clear.

"They would be damaging if we were going to tolerate them, but we're clearly not going to tolerate them. "

"As you know, we had a range of issues connected with Old Firm matches. A summit was held, the clubs, the football authorities, the government participated in that. At that time, just a few weeks ago, a number of people thought it was an overreaction, thought we were overreacting to events at one game."

"I think with everything that's happened over the last few weeks people now realise that wasn't an overreaction, it was a very timely thing to do and the action group which was established between these parties after the summit which has a range of measures which are now going to be brought into force, that's very timely as well," Salmond added.

"Let’s be absolutely clear as first minister of Scotland, we are not going to tolerate Sectarian displays of any kind in the terraces and stands of football matches," he continued, "that will be driven from games in Scotland. Nor are we going to tolerate hate pedalled over the internet in an anonymity, people think they've got some immunity as a result of that, that's not going to be tolerated either.

"There's no debate or discussion about this anymore in Scotland, that's just the way it's going to be. It's not going to be easy, it's going to be difficult, it won't happen in a match, perhaps it won't even happen in an entire season, but that's what's going to happen. We're going to eradicate it from our football game, and we're going to eradicate it from wider Scottish society."

Here we are, comparatively on the 23rd of May 2016, 5 full years later, at least 42 hours (by the time you read this email) after the worst scenes in Scottish football for decades and not a word of condemnation at Hibs fans behaviour by our current First Minister or even yourself as I understand it. When there is video evidence showing multiple Rangers players being assaulted without the police and stewards coming to their aid it's a wonder that no one was killed never mind seriously injured.

I should not have to remind you sir, coming from Renfrew, with Erskine, Bishopton, Inchinnan, Houston and Langbank among the communities you are an elected representative of, that these are well known Rangers supporting areas and in turn a very large number of your constituents await with bated breath your response, as we do your superior and our collective First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon.

I trust I will hear/read both of you on record addressing this matter forthwith as a matter of urgency!

Yours Faithfully 

(Name disclosed in the email but not in this post)"

If you too live in Renfrew, Bishopton, Bridge of Weir, Crosslee, Erskine, Gallowhill, Houston, Inchinnan, Kilmacolm, Langbank or Quarriers Village and wish to contact Derek as your constituency MSP, you can do so by:

Email:  derek.mackay.msp@parliament.scot

Telephone: 0141 885 2076

Write/Visit:

Constituency Office

37 Hairst Street

Renfrew

PA4 8QU

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff there THE_Ibrox_Preacher, a reasonable request backed up with facts and quotes, be interesting to see the response you get or the lack of a reply :pipe:

PS I believe I owe you a massive apology regards a response to you a few years back, I was knee jerky, unthoughtful and lacked any class, Please know that I have been haunted by that rant for a while now and hope that this very public apology can in some way repair any hurt or embarrassment I may have caused you and yours. Sorry :disappointment:

15 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

Good stuff there THE_Ibrox_Preacher, a reasonable request backed up with facts and quotes, be interesting to see the response you get or the lack of a reply :pipe:

PS I believe I owe you a massive apology regards a response to you a few years back, I was knee jerky, unthoughtful and lacked any class, Please know that I have been haunted by that rant for a while now and hope that this very public apology can in some way repair any hurt or embarrassment I may have caused you and yours. Sorry :disappointment:

Link to the rant? :D

Great email but I expect the only response of the SNP cunts will be to slate Bears. They will ramp up their venom against us. Some one said it on another thread, they use Rangers bad PUL bad, British bad to win votes from joe public who hate us. They couldnt care less about any sport unless it suits their political agenda. 

Very well done sir, Just about to do likewise and would urge every bear to do the same.

Dont just think other people will do it, you do it as the more complaints then they can't sweep sweep.

This is our chance to turn the tables and use this to attack our haters in a legal manner. 

1 hour ago, smartypants said:

Link to the rant? :D

Was regarding a petition to remove the then manager Ally McCoist, lost my cool and in all fairness my marbles, ranted and raved about cowardice and such like against a whole section of bears that I should have considered more about. Been a festering boil on me ever since. The worst part is I find myself of very similar thinking toward T I P posts in general. So there it is in all its ugly glory, I put my personal feeling on one of my own personal Rangers idols before a very focal and looking back (probably rightly concerned by the football being served up) group of supporters. :disappointment:

My only degree or rational was at the time, I was sick of everyone kicking at our club and was on a highly defensive state of alert. Should have respected my fellow bears right to their opinion. Well you live and learn by your mistakes :pipe:

1 hour ago, thebluedoo said:

Was regarding a petition to remove the then manager Ally McCoist, lost my cool and in all fairness my marbles, ranted and raved about cowardice and such like against a whole section of bears that I should have considered more about. Been a festering boil on me ever since. The worst part is I find myself of very similar thinking toward T I P posts in general. So there it is in all its ugly glory, I put my personal feeling on one of my own personal Rangers idols before a very focal and looking back (probably rightly concerned by the football being served up) group of supporters. :disappointment:

My only degree or rational was at the time, I was sick of everyone kicking at our club and was on a highly defensive state of alert. Should have respected my fellow bears right to their opinion. Well you live and learn by your mistakes :pipe:

I have never and will never hold it against anyone within our ranks that has a go at me verbally or otherwise under the conviction that they are arguing righteously for our club and it's fans, the bollocking I got on having the wrong end of the stick immediately after the crowd trouble following the cup final is recent testament to that fact.

You have absolutely no need to apologise to me although the thought and expression to do so is greatly appreciated. 

We may all not see eye to eye on any issue regarding our club and it's fans nevermind every issue but at each and everyone of our cores is a desire to see the betterment of our club, its supporters and to see the fair, righteous treatment of both of them. 

I have as of 1.37pm today received a reply from Derek Mackay, personally having read it I think it's showing a distinct unwillingness to acknowledge and give opinion on what actually happened. I feel that was is expressed is sensible however it is also so general in nature it can be described as a cop-out;

Dear Mr Ibrox_Preacher (name changed for the public viewing),

Thank you for your e-mail.

The First Minister has fully condemned anyone who acted inappropriately at the match in question.

The police and football authorities are now investigating Saturday’s events, and I feel it is only correct they be allowed to do that fully. However let me be clear, violence has no place in football, and anyone found to be acting in such a way – regardless of which football team they support – should be dealt with appropriately by the police.

I hope this is of assistance.

Regards

Derek Mackay MSP

I would suspect that with ongoing police investigations and a proposed independent commission for further investigation, that he could not say much more. Should he still have this attitude in a few weeks time then we should then be very concerned.

32 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

I have as of 1.37pm today received a reply from Derek Mackay, personally having read it I think it's showing a distinct unwillingness to acknowledge and give opinion on what actually happened. I feel that was is expressed is sensible however it is also so general in nature it can be described as a cop-out;

Dear Mr Ibrox_Preacher (name changed for the public viewing),

Thank you for your e-mail.

The First Minister has fully condemned anyone who acted inappropriately at the match in question.

The police and football authorities are now investigating Saturday’s events, and I feel it is only correct they be allowed to do that fully. However let me be clear, violence has no place in football, and anyone found to be acting in such a way – regardless of which football team they support – should be dealt with appropriately by the police.

I hope this is of assistance.

Regards

Derek Mackay MSP

Ask the cunt

In the Interim what can you do to reassure Rangers fans/players/representatives that their safety is paramount

I draw your attention to similar behaviour last year in Motherwell, the authorities, to date ,have offered no apology, advice, recriminations against the instigators and again reassurance to the Rangers family.

Is it your position that you can not offer anything after a year has elapsed, are the Rangers family to rely on the Police  ?  The same force who realised the criminal who assaulted our Captain moments after the assault ?

Am I to pass on to my fellow Rangers fans that you are refusing to take measures to protect us until the authorities, who during and since the riot , have failed in their duties and are already protecting their own interests.

I must advise you sir that if you are refusing/unwilling to take IMMEDIATE action the Rangers support will be, rightly, extremely troubled and concerned.

1 minute ago, Dutchy said:

Well done, everyone should be writing to their own MSP, regardless of who they support.

Give them hell.

I had Danny Alexander , who amongst the political freak show contenders was no a bad fecker

It's SNP now, the fucking main event in said freak show.

My MSP is Iain Grey, one time leader of the labour party, but also part of Jack McConnel's government where all this anti-bigotry laws started from. I think he's a hivs, but whether he is, or isn't, I still want to hear his opinion of open thuggery at football matches

4 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

My MSP is Iain Grey, one time leader of the labour party, but also part of Jack McConnel's government where all this anti-bigotry laws started from. I think he's a hivs, but whether he is, or isn't, I still want to hear his opinion of open thuggery at football matches

Labour MSP Iain Gray has also lodged a motion about the final, congratulating Hibs on their first Scottish Cup win since 1902.

His motion, supported by Edinburgh Northern and Leith's SNP MSP Ben Macpherson, said parliament should "congratulate both teams on an exciting and close-fought final".

It further said parliament should "commend what it sees as the hard work, commitment and perseverance of the Hibs players and staff in delivering the historic victory and ending the 114-year wait to lift the cup again".

Tried to e-mail big fat Corrie Wilson.. It looks like you cannot e-mail her unless it has to do with Parliamentary business. Will persevere till I get an e-mail address and send her my feelings on her nazionalist party and her OBAFA. Only in Scotland are people offended by words and not assaults. 

I'm afraid no politician will condem any single faction, it's a case of blame both parties, even if Bears had not gone on the field to defend themselves, they would find something else to blame us with.

They are too worried about votes rather than justice, as always they hand it over to the polis and wash their hands.