Barton hints he is Ibrox bound?

robg58

Rangers FC: Joey Barton drops huge hint he's heading to Ibrox by quoting Bob Dylan lyrics to Gers fans

07:15, 23 May 2016

THE times may be a changing for the former England midfielder as he uses Dylan song Like a Rolling Stone to indicate that he can't refuse the lure of Ibrox.

RANGERS transfer target Joey Barton has dropped a heavy hint that he's ready to sign on at Ibrox this summer.

The former England midfielder is weighing up an offer from Rangers to be the midfield fulcrum of Mark Warburton's side as they launch their assault on the Scottish Premiership next season.

Burnley, though, are hopeful the 33-year-old will stay at Turf Moor following their promotion to the English Premier League.

READ MORE: Joey Barton arrives in Glasgow to hold talks with Ibrox club

Barton – who is now a free agent – was recently voted Burnley's Player of the Year after helping guide the Clarets to the Championship title.

Burnley want the former Man City and Newcastle midfielder to sign on again at Turf Moor for another season but Gers boss Warburton looks to have persuaded the player to move north after holding talks at Murray Park last week and offering him a three-year deal.

In a series of cryptic tweets aimed at Rangers fans Barton quotes Bob Dylan lyrics and appears to indicate he's on his way to Rangers.

READ MORE: Joey Barton lured to seal the deal with three year contract at Ibrox

Barton uses the hashtag #WATP as he quotes from Dylan's song Like a Rolling Stone: "When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose. You're invisible now, you got no secrets to conceal... Go to him now, he calls you, you can't refuse..."

Many fans on social media believe Barton is saying that he can't refuse the lure of Ibrox having seen the set up at Rangers and heard Warburton's plans for the club.

How does it feel?
How does it feel
To be without a home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone ?#WATP

— Joseph Barton (@Joey7Barton) May 22, 2016

When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose
You're invisible now, you got no secrets to conceal...

— Joseph Barton (@Joey7Barton) May 22, 2016

At Napoleon in rags and the language that he used
Go to him now, he calls you, you can't refuse...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FSM said:

Future Ranger or not, when I see stuff like this it just reminds me that Barton really is a cringeworthy walloper at times.

As a Bob Dylan fan, the fact that he has chosen a song that relates to someone who is down at the bottom of their luck, and is being duly reminded of the choices they made that led to that downward spiral, makes your post all the more pertinent mate, if he comes to us let's hope he keeps his knowledge of music to a minimum and just sticks to playing football.

:7325: 

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

As a Bob Dylan fan, the fact that he has chosen a song that relates to someone who is down at the bottom of their luck, and is being duly reminded of the choices they made that led to that downward spiral, makes your post all the more pertinent mate, if he comes to us let's hope he keeps his knowledge of music to a minimum and just sticks to playing football.

Barton is far too thick to actually understand what he writes, he just posts anything he thinks will make him look a profound philosopher. I look forward to seeing some 'in the moment' instagram shots of Barton on the team bus reading Dostoevsky and Kafka.

18 minutes ago, FSM said:

Future Ranger or not, when I see stuff like this it just reminds me that Barton really is a cringeworthy walloper at times.

by fuck we needed a walloper or two at times on saturday, when stokes did holt in the first 30 seconds we had absolutely no cunt in the team to give him one back

we're in a war next eason, we need battlers not ballet dancers

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

by fuck we needed a walloper or two at times on saturday, when stokes did holt in the first 30 seconds we had absolutely no cunt in the team to give him one back

we're in a war next eason, we need battlers not ballet dancers

Exactly this, they set the tone and we did nothing. I can't see someone like Barton being like that.

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

Barton is far too thick to actually understand what he writes, he just posts anything he thinks will make him look a profound philosopher. I look forward to seeing some 'in the moment' instagram shots of Barton on the team bus reading Dostoevsky and Kafka.

:lol:

Ah canny wait.

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

I hear he's more of an Orwell man

12 minutes ago, FSM said:

I doubt even Joey Barton could read two books at the same time.

I was watching the Copa DelRey final last night and straight after it they showed highlights from classic prem game:

Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal

After being 4-0 down at HT it literally was the Joey Barton show.  He wound up Diaby and got him sent off.

He scored 2 penalties.  He won a freekick and took it in injury time which lead to the 4th goal.

He is an outstanding signing... even if he's a right bellend.

I think he'll be a good singing, I personally dont care about a players off pitch persona if he plays well on the pitch.

Ive seen plenty saying hes an arsehole etc but I havent seen many criticize his playing ability