Police were unprepared on Saturday.

Having had a couple of days to think about what the hell we witnessed on Saturday, it is possible to put together just how it came about.

In a very bizarre way, the Police and stewards at Hampden paid us a backhanded compliment.

Until the 64th minute, we were level, until Halliday scored. Had that been the winner, in normal circumstance, what would have happened?

The match would have ended, Rangers fans would have had a very noisy party, the Hibs end would have emptied within minutes, and the cup presented with zero incursions onto the pitch, as has been the tradition for years now. Even though that Cup win would have meant our first major trophy since they got at us, and the European football it would have returned us to.

No need for extra Police or stewards to guard the perimeter...and that is the backhanded compliment. They knew that we would behave in that stadium.

But what actually happened?

In the 80th minute, they got a lifeline. The worst that could happen was extra time at that point.

At this point, the Police could have made the decision to deploy, because they must have assumed a Hibs victory would probably cause them to go over the top and invade the pitch, but the late victory not be predicted, and looking back, extra time would have been a blessing.

Then to score 2 minutes into the 4 minutes of injury time, the Police had no time to deploy, and by now you could virtually guarantee that they would go on the pitch to celebrate. That winner was similar to Loverkrand's winner against the tims. But we hadn't waited a lifetime for a cup win. Our fans went crazy that day, but again, even against our hated enemy, no pitch incursions.

The Hibs fans were obviously going off their heads at this late turnaround. The cops were clearly unprepared for the Hibs win.

Our players were also clearly stunned and seeing them storm onto the pitch could have run for the tunnel.

But decades of good behavior at these matches, in fact 36 years, had lulled them into a false sense of security.

I am sure looking back, our players would rather have legged it back to the tunnel. But none did.

The Police then should have deployed the instant the Hibs fans came on the pitch ...that is where they really fucked it up.

Unless there was a directive to allow a pitch invasion. 

The minute their fans started to attack our players, any feeling that this was just an over the top celebration went out the window.

I hope the club absolutely hammer anyone who tries to cover this up.

3 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Maybe they were complacent because the OF semi went off quietly enough and they thought the hard job was done.

To me it didn't seem as though there were as many Stewards or Police at the final as there was at the semi, even though they were both categorised the same. 

Too busy watching for Rangers fans singing to notice 20,000 jakeballs running onto the pitch.

Anyone seen the pic of the two polis standing videoing Rangers fans in the stands while the hibs were rioting behind them? Fucking joke man.

5 minutes ago, Willis said:

Too busy watching for Rangers fans singing to notice 20,000 jakeballs running onto the pitch.

Anyone seen the pic of the two polis standing videoing Rangers fans in the stands while the hibs were rioting behind them? Fucking joke man.

Aye mate, in Scotland sticks and stones will hurt but bad words are far worse. 

Not only were they unprepared, they showed levels of incompetence.

More so when some hivs guy speaking on the Kaye Arsehole show this morning. He was saying he ran onto the pitch with his 9 year old daughter and had planned to do so before the game took place.

Apparently, they had on social media made the plans amongst 1000's of them.

So the police have given up checking social media to find out if there is anything organised for potential trouble. And that from one of the 2 teams in Scotland with a 'casual' element within their support, the sheep being the other.

3 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Not only were they unprepared, they showed levels of incompetence.

More so when some hivs guy speaking on the Kaye Arsehole show this morning. He was saying he ran onto the pitch with his 9 year old daughter and had planned to do so before the game took place.

Apparently, they had on social media made the plans amongst 1000's of them.

So the police have given up checking social media to find out if there is anything organised for potential trouble. And that from one of the 2 teams in Scotland with a 'casual' element within their support, the sheep being the other.

In that case, the Police were complicit in allowing the pitch invasion.

As I said they were caught completely off guard due to the stunning late victory, but we had been warned on this board not to make statements about planning anything for the match as the Police were monitoring this site, they clearly knew that hibs fans were certain to invade the pitch if they won.

23 minutes ago, Willis said:

For me that will be the lasting image of the aftermath of Saturday's match.  Talk about getting your priorities all wrong.

1 minute ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

In that case, the Police were complicit in allowing the pitch invasion.

As I said they were caught completely off guard due to the stunning late victory, but we had been warned on this board not to make statements about planning anything for the match as the Police were monitoring this site, they clearly knew that hibs fans were certain to invade the pitch if they won.

I don't know what site it was this was said on, but as there were 1000's planning this, it has to have been FB, or twits.

I doubt they've got that many members on any one fans site.

And yet, their own assessment of their performance on Saturday?

Calum Steele, of the Scottish Police Federation, told Good Morning Scotland that the police response was "nothing short of remarkable".

He said: "The speed and the skill, the agility and indeed the brilliance with which the police officers from the police service of Scotland brought events under control is something that should be praised to the highest heavens.

They'll be asking to borrow that huge brush that South Yorkshire police used to do their sweeping.

To fucking busy sitting outside bullshitting getting paid plenty for doing fuck all and when they were called to do what they were being paid to do they hadn't a fucking clue.Pretty simple don't need to be a mastermind to work it out ffs.More sitting outside in their minibuses than were inside the ground.The first head on the chopping block should be the match commander whoever that incompetent clown is.

Plod are just unadulterated shameless excrement, who just can't wait to jail a bear. That cunt wouldn't have been standing with arms behind his back it were at our end. I'm surprised they weren't carrying automatic firearms. Oh wait a minute, wasn't that another one of wee nicky's bright ideas and one that hasn't gone away. Then there was the usual bint with the camera, which I find particularly offensive in breaching my human rights in being a serious intrusion of my privacy. Was there one at their end? Jailing us now appears to be their career objective and their life's ambition. Wonder where they got the idea from?!

With this nauseas piece of excrement in charge, we are indeed perilously close to a police state, where plod are being used as a tool of government policy as opposed to protecting it's citizens. Of course all these new police powers are like giving candy to a baby and it gives these morons their power trip and therein lies the peril for all.

We need to wake up from our sleep and put this corrupt bint back in the garbage bin where she truly belongs and deserves to be.

I think the beasts from the east would have ran on and still attacked Rangers players had we even held on for the 2-1 win..Bawbags going on phone in's and telling lies can never be treated seriously..The fact that police scotland decided that in the build up to this game they had no need to check social media when they were so very vocal about their "Intelligence Led" Policing in the build up to the semi final. 

The failure to recognise that for years h.i.v.s have had an active "casual" element and deciding instead to concentrate on Bears singing bad songs shows that they receive orders from a Government that is looking only to arrest prosecute and jail one section of the community..

I have a wee bit of insight to the police and showed some video's to a retired policeman of over 35yrs experience and he reckons they were getting ready to go to pre arranged hotspots after the match but I pointed out the game was heading for extra time to which he then said the match commander is to blame and they are also instructed not to arrest people unless its a must as that takes 2 cops away from the pitch. Also the standard of Police has dropped hugely under the snpee.