BBC Lunchtime News

Tom0411

Just watched the beeb's latest report on the game showed hivs fans coming onto park, Stubbs shoving a couple away then them fighting with us. Voice over mentions players being attacked etc. but still no footage of same. Call me paranoid but cover up?

There's tons of footage. I think the best footage is being kept back so it doesn't prejudice any case against the offenders.

I hate the BBC and Scottish media - every one are our enemies but they did mention the attacks on the news so I don't think they can be accused of cover up on that segment alone?

1 minute ago, julescotia said:

There will be no footage of the attacks shown on TV, as it's now a police investigation.

Surely broadcasting the footage would assist identification?

Or is it now down to the polis to publish details of people they are looking for?

To think the Irish immigrant, bomb throwing IRA supporting BBC Scotland are going to do anything to help Rangers FC is worse than fantasy. It's complete delusion.

We have to fight clever and get to them through other means, even if that involves complaining about them initially via their complaints system.

Getting Cosgrove and English off our air waves would be a nice beginning.

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Am I right in thinking the Police will request all footage and pictures from every sky camera?

You are. I'm sure I read that somewhere in the plethora of bull that's been going on since this happened.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's tons of footage. I think the best footage is being kept back so it doesn't prejudice any case against the offenders.

I hate the BBC and Scottish media - every one are our enemies but they did mention the attacks on the news so I don't think they can be accused of cover up on that segment alone?

I'd be surprised if showing footage would prejudice any case as news channels constantly show cctv images when trying to identify culprits and sky sports have also been showing repeated footage of the trouble.

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I'd be surprised if showing footage would prejudice any case as news channels constantly show cctv images when trying to identify culprits and sky sports have also been showing repeated footage of the trouble.

There's additional, better footage, that Sky News have for example that isn't being aired for that very purpose.

The images we see so far are OK for indentification but for actual clear cut evidence of the assaults I believe the good footage is being witheld.

Playing Hibs in the future will now see an enormous police presence but again is a cost to taxpayers

Quite simply, they can't be trusted, any match against Hibs at ER should be moved to a neutral venue and behind closed doors until they accept responsibility for their actions and learned to control themselves

By all means have a shitty pitch invasion but let our players walk away safely and stay to your own side, the minute they attack our staff, players and fans just shows that they do not have the mentality or behaviour to conduct themselves in the right fashion

Netrual venues, closed doors, prosecutions, heavy severe fine and Petrie stepping down is the very least of the sanctions that should go their way

The SNP allowed this kind of behaviour to kick off when they decided voliolence is not as serious as a song book.

The SFA allowed this to happen the minute they let Motherwell away with similar antics last year

RANGERS WILL NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN ANYMORE

Ive seen at least 20 videos showing the violence, if the media isnt showing it then theyre not showing it on purpose, shitebags. Dont know how any journalist in this country can actually look themselves in the mirror knowing that theyre just puppets for these bigots.

The footage chosen by the BBC in the piece showed Rangers fans leathering celtic fans from the 1980 Scottish Cup Final. The only celtic fans shown were victims of attacks from Bears!! NO BALANCE!!! AND WHOLLY INACCURATE!!!

Similarly, they concentrated their footage on Rangers fans reacting to hibs fans (us singing TBB...a sectarian song in their opinion), again...NO BALANCE!!! AND WHOLLY INACCURATE!!!

They did condemn hibs supporters briefly for entering the field of play and attacking Rangers players...but they HAD NO CHOICE but to do that as it was so bloody obvious their behaviour was worthy of condemnation!!! 

If this is their idea of 'fair and balanced' reporting then they can fuck right off!!!

There is something deeper and more sinister going on here though, and make no fucking mistake about it!!! I have felt this as a feature of Scottish life for a while now..especially since 2012 but the imbalanced reporting and bile coming from the rest of the Scottish football 'community' against our Club and Bears is deplorable and puzzling in equal measure! This has left me in NO DOUBT we ARE DETESTED and they're out to get us!!! That may sound paranoid but, more than ever, the evidence is there for Our Great Club and all Bears alike to see....hence the strongly worded response from our Board!!! About fucking time btw!!!

I await with interest to see what comes of this sad state of affairs...more vilification of Rangers and Bears, I suspect!!!

We need to mobilise as a fan base, BACKED by the Club to find a way of punishing every club in Scotland...the SFA....the media and last, but not least, the Scottish government (at the ballot box)....let's get these fuckers out of power!!! They're damaging this country and, in the process, punishing us for our traditional support for the Union!!!

1 minute ago, GrizzlyBear72 said:

The footage chosen by the BBC in the piece showed Rangers fans leathering celtic fans from the 1980 Scottish Cup Final. The only celtic fans shown were victims of attacks from Bears!! NO BALANCE!!! AND WHOLLY INACCURATE!!!

Well to be fair mate, my Da says we chased them all over Hampden

28 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Playing Hibs in the future will now see an enormous police presence but again is a cost to taxpayers

Quite simply, they can't be trusted, any match against Hibs at ER should be moved to a neutral venue and behind closed doors until they accept responsibility for their actions and learned to control themselves

By all means have a shitty pitch invasion but let our players walk away safely and stay to your own side, the minute they attack our staff, players and fans just shows that they do not have the mentality or behaviour to conduct themselves in the right fashion

Netrual venues, closed doors, prosecutions, heavy severe fine and Petrie stepping down is the very least of the sanctions that should go their way

The SNP allowed this kind of behaviour to kick off when they decided voliolence is not as serious as a song book.

The SFA allowed this to happen the minute they let Motherwell away with similar antics last year

RANGERS WILL NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN ANYMORE

Personally I dont think we will be playing hivs anytime soon, as they will still have a few years in the championship

Just now, Gaz52 said:

Well to be fair mate, my Da says we chased them all over Hampden

I like your da mate?! He's right, I remember it well but it wasn't all one sided but you'd think it was going by what the BBC chose to show today! Which is my whole point....these fuckers are attempting to show Rangers fans in an equally bad light when it was clearly the fault of the celtic fans then (they ran onto the pitch to goad us then as well) and the hibs fans at the weekend!!