Rangers confirm 3 players will leave when their contract expires

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Temps the only one that showed anything about him.  Was great during his 1st season but after his 8000 injuries became a major liability.  You just know he will get fit and end up a decent player somewhere else!

Law has been consistently inconsistent 

2 minutes ago, WGOH said:

34 times maybe Al, but how many times has it been a good substitution? He's creeping up on 32 and I think we have players much better midfielders in front of him just now, with better ones coming in, I just think him getting a contract (if he does, of course) is very strange.

Stranger than Miller getting an extension at the start of the season?

MW has earned some trust in his decisions. Whether DdB gets one or not is yet to be seen.

I can't see Dean getting another contract the reason I think he hasn't been mentioned with the others is maybe down to when his contract expires, if Rangers get the players we are after Sheils will be surplus to requirement and will be let go. 

Just now, AlBear85 said:

Stranger than Miller getting an extension a year ago?

MW has earned some trust in his decisions. Whether DdB gets one or not is yet to be seen.

At this moment in time after his recent performances it probably is just as strange as Miller.

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

Agree to disagree then. For his wages that will no doubt be close to top earner at the club, he isn't good enough and we could get a young hungrier player in on half the money. He hasn't kicked a ball since December and that tells me everything I need to know. 

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand your point of view; I believe there is an extremely fine line between having the opinion that Shiels has done nothing and the one that he's been decent.

To be clear, if Shiels was 25 years-old, I wouldn't keep him and I don't think Warburton would either. In his 30s, though, he has an experienced head and we all know that Warburton appreciates that. Anyone who travelled up north to watch us along with 3,000 fans in places like Elgin and Montrose will know how vocal he is on the pitch. Equally, a re-negotiated deal, I have little doubt, will involve a reduction in salary.

Good luck to the three that have left wish them all the best for the future at least they can say they've had the pleasure of playing for The Rangers. Even though Shiels hasn't got a new contract yet I always felt that he might be offered and extra year or two, time will tell if this happens, he is a useful player to keep as a squad player but not as a regular starter.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/three-players-leave/

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Thankfully Nicky Law and Rangers won't be mentioned in the same sentence again.

'Ex Rangers legend Nicky Law for one night only at the Stonefield Tavern'.

Just to add we also have young lads such as Jordan Thompson who impressed me when he came on boys like this should be getting games before the likes of Sheils, Dean has played his part in helping us up the divisions time to move on to bigger and better things. 

1 minute ago, soulboy said:

Could be the fact that if we don't get in enough players then and only then he will be given a new contract . 

Windass, Crooks, Rossiter, Barton.....more than enough coming in already!?

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

5 players if you include Ball and Zelalem. 

I expect the loan market to be used again with the lad from Spurs and maybe 1 other.  Also expect MW to address the defensive issues.  Can see at least 6/7 coming in

All the best to the tree of them (tu)

All three were supposed to become big players for us and all failed, but I dont have any problems with them and hope they find Clubs and have good careers.

28 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

What exactly does Sheils do that people think he is a good player?

Aye he's from NI, loves the Rangers n all that but he is way over the hill now and offers little if anything. Summed up on Saturday when he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game when he came on.

He looks busy when he comes on. That's it.

Law had his moments, scored some important goals for us and deserves to be sent off with our best wishes.

Clark was always short of the ability it takes to play for us. Gamble signing - didn't work out. Gave his all and also scored some important goals. All the best.

The Templeton story is just :power_of_anguish: