Rangers confirm 3 players will leave when their contract expires

39 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Shiels, when called upon, stepped-up to the plate this season... until Saturday.

Let's not forget that, lacking in match practice, he played a huge role in pinging the ball around the Hampden turf in the semi-final against Celtic.

Yes, he was atrocious on Saturday, but let's not tar him with the same brush as Templeton, for example. As a squad player, Shiels is an excellent outlet who boasts extensive experience which will no doubt have a positive impact around the squad.

To the rest, all the best. Templeton, in my eyes, will go down as the worst investment this football club has ever made in my time.

Daniel Prodan was the worst by far. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, Shiels will be announced soon.  Think that was the main thing we learned on Saturday that our subs were nowhere good enough.  Quite exciting that next year our first team will be a higher quality of player and many of our subs will probably be guys that were in our first team this year and have showed they have got something about them.

I never want to see Sheils in a Rangers jersey again.

He isn't good enough so he has to be the next one to be told 'thanks and good luck'.

I will always remember him coming on in the cup final to give his best Michael J Fox impression.

13 minutes ago, Brent2291 said:

to think I was excited when we signed templeton!!

All the best lads

same. i think he could've been a cracking player but just didn't work out that way for him during his time with us. too injury prone and probably had his confidence knocked. hope he finds another club and can get himself back on track. 

6 hours ago, Willis said:

All the best to the tree of them (tu)

All three were supposed to become big players for us and all failed, but I dont have any problems with them and hope they find Clubs and have good careers.

This (tu) good luck to them.

13 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Wish them all the best but it is the correct decision. Also I do not think Shields has done enough and I would expect that he will be released. Bell seems to be interesting a couple of clubs and I hope he moves on 

who is shields??

6months ago, I thought Law was in a good run of form and was the only one of that bunch that had earned the potential for a renewed contract, didn't want any of the others renewed. In the latest 6months he's hardly featured so it's right he's been released. He couldn't get a game in a team that was playing in second gear for months so he isn't going to play in a strengthened, resurgent Rangers. 

As as for the others, thanks for the minimal impact you had at our club and let's release the others too. Not one deserves to be here next season. 

3 hours ago, Davidmackie1990 said:

Got to see the back of the law and Clark where on about £18,000 a week each !!!! Nice saving to bring in some decent players 

Not a chance either were on close to that, in fact id be very surprised if they were on that combined ffs, where do people get these notions of what players earn at Ibrox ha ha 

Very best wishes to the 3 players.   Hope they find decent clubs to play for (please avoid Hibs and DU).   Clark might benefit from a spell playing in England - look how well Hemmings has done after gaining some more experience down south and then moving to Dundee.