Rangers confirm 3 players will leave when their contract expires

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Law was meh ( great start to gers career )

clark just never had what was needed 

temps had what was needed ability wise just so fuckin injury prone. Can almost guarantee he will go to a team and play every week and be good too !!

shiels seemed to do ok when coming on but after his display on Saturday I would get him to fuck away asap

Wonder what youngsters won't make the cut this year either

Shiels, when called upon, stepped-up to the plate this season... until Saturday.

Let's not forget that, lacking in match practice, he played a huge role in pinging the ball around the Hampden turf in the semi-final against Celtic.

Yes, he was atrocious on Saturday, but let's not tar him with the same brush as Templeton, for example. As a squad player, Shiels is an excellent outlet who boasts extensive experience which will no doubt have a positive impact around the squad.

To the rest, all the best. Templeton, in my eyes, will go down as the worst investment this football club has ever made in my time.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Shiels, when called upon, stepped-up to the plate this season... until Saturday.

Let's not forget that, lacking in match practice, he played a huge role in pinging the ball around the Hampden turf in the semi-final against Celtic.

Yes, he was atrocious on Saturday, but let's not tar him with the same brush as Templeton, for example. As a squad player, Shiels is an excellent outlet who boasts extensive experience which will no doubt have a positive impact around the squad.

To the rest, all the best. Templeton, in my eyes, will go down as the worst investment this football club has ever made in my time.

Disagree, when was the last time Shiels came on and made a telling impact? 

I have said all along I think Dean Shiels will get a new contract. Law showed some really good form around December time last year when we "dipped" Clark tried but was never good enough which is a shame as he is a big Rangers man and well what can we say about Templeton. Will not be missed by many.

Good luck in the future guys, thanks for your efforts. Not sad to see any of them going though, hopefully we'll kick on and it'll be them with the regrets at no longer being involved. They were a part of the journey and will always be bears.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, WGOH said:

Hibs, in December...

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, WGOH said:

So 6 months ago? 

Yup. Shiels is a nothing player, hopefully his release gets announced soon enough.

Just now, WGOH said:

That's a difficult question; when was the last time anyone made an impact this season? The Old Firm game is the answer to both our questions.

I'm afraid that, going further back than that, I don't store the impact of substitutes in my memory. So, it's my opinion against yours and I stand by my belief that, when called upon, Shiels has done little wrong. I'm not suggesting that he's had a magnificent season, but if Warburton decides to offer him a new deal, then I can understand why.

Again, in addition to the above, Shiels can offer more than his game on the park; he's an experienced professional and Warburton knows that.

11 minutes ago, WGOH said:

34 times he came on as a sub for us through the season. MW obviously appreciated his impact.

Whether he gets a contract is yet to be seen, but with MW preferring a settled 11 he'll need good squad players Ready and willing to do that job and Dean de Boer would be a useful squad player in the premiership.

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

That's a difficult question; when was the last time anyone made an impact this season? The Old Firm game is the answer to both our questions.

I'm afraid that, going further back than that, I don't store the impact of substitutes in my memory. So, it's my opinion against yours and I stand by my belief that, when called upon, Shiels has done little wrong. I'm not suggesting that he's had a magnificent season, but if Warburton decides to offer him a new deal, then I can understand why.

Again, in addition to the above, Shiels can offer more than his game on the park; he's an experienced professional and Warburton knows that.

Agree to disagree then. For his wages that will no doubt be close to top earner at the club, he isn't good enough and we could get a young hungrier player in on half the money. He hasn't kicked a ball since December and that tells me everything I need to know. 

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

34 times he came on as a sub for us through the season. MW obviously appreciated his impact.

Whether he gets a contract is yet to be seen, but with MW preferring a settled 11 he'll need good squad players Ready and willing to do that job and Dean De Boer would be a useful squad player in the premiership.

34 times maybe Al, but how many times has it been a good substitution? He's creeping up on 32 and I think we have players much better midfielders in front of him just now, with better ones coming in, I just think him getting a contract (if he does, of course) is very strange.

Clark - Thanks for the important goals against killie and hibs.

Law - Technically scored the winning pen against the mhanks. ;)

Templeton - Showed flashes of quality but was never consistent or fit enough.

Thanks to all 3 of them for being part of our journey back (tu)