It's Jason Holt & Halliday

Gaz52

1 hour ago, WGOH said:

Halliday's problem is he isn't fast enough on the ball. Takes too many touches, although he's a tidy player. Both should see the first team next season, albeit not regulars. 

I have been saying this from day one. He was at it again on Saturday. Cracking goal, can't take that away from him, but he was poor.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

I have been saying this from day one. He was at it again on Saturday. Cracking goal, can't take that away from him, but he was poor.

I was screaming at him to release the ball quicker, it's as if he doesn't set himself and feels he needs the extra touch. Telegraphs almost all of his passes. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Nicky Law gets a hard time for disappearing  

I like Holt, he is capable of changing a game but for a midfielder, some games he hardly gets a touch, as was the case in the final

I think that was more to do with Hibs and the way they set up. Made it impossible for our players to get space. Credit where it's due, they outfoxed us tactically 

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I think that was more to do with Hibs and the way they set up. Made it impossible for our players to get space. Credit where it's due, they outfoxed us tactically 

Was it that though, we were looking like getting a 3rd before the Subs, who sadly got involved more than Holt did 

48 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Can't say I've ever seen him make a run beyond a striker.

You sure you know who Joey Barton is?

Thats what I get for listening to an ex army pal who supposedly supports Burnley. He just text me saying he isn't trolling me, lesson learnt I guess.

5 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Was it that though, we were looking like getting a 3rd before the Subs, who sadly got involved more than Holt did 

Clark for all the wrong reasons :ph34r: 

48 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Our formation will not change. 

(tu)

Lost count of the number of times I've seen people saying they think we will play a different formation. It's not going to happen, especially after the work done this year to implement the formation at all age groups.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Halliday's made mistakes in recent weeks that have been very costly for us.  If it had been Zelalem or Law making these mistakes they'd have been hung out to dry by our support.  That's all I'm saying on the matter because I can't be bothered arguing with people who have a man crush on the guy because of his Rangers fan status. 

I'd rather have a man crush on Halliday as opposed to one on Cummings :pipe: 

Halliday and Holt have both done well this season and will have a part to play. 

Halliday can be ponderous on the ball and lacks a little athleticism but he can (and hopefully will improve) Holt is a very intelligent player, takes the ball in tight situations and can finish. I get the finally Warburton really rates Holt.

There are lots of games to be played and there will be injuries and suspensions. 

It's bewildering that the manager talks about the squad every single time he opens his mouth but fans are still obsessed with the notion of a "1st 11".

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I don't think we were tactically outfoxed. We just didn't execute. The amount of times we had a player in space only for the pass to be horrible misplaced or for our player to make the wrong decision and make the wrong pass was ridiculous 

3 hours ago, now then forever said:

Do you think Barton will play in the DM position, or one of the two midfield slots? (I think it will be one of the two midfield slots, with Rossiter or Crooks at DM).  Or do you think MW will play two solid midfielders with a more attacking one in front (no. 10)?  He done this a few times this year.

Probably the latter, esp away games or when he thinks we may need a provide a  bit more  protection to the defence

I doubt we will change the formation of the team as someone has already said the team is now used to this formation and it works more often than not and has been implemented across all age groups at the club. I personally think Barton will be used as the DM. As for the two more wide/attacking positions we have a luxury in choice now of Holt/Halliday/Forrester/Rossiter and possibly Windass. I think Crooks will be used more as a centre half but is good to have someone who can step in and play a holding role in midfield if injuries or suspensions happen. I would personally go with the midfield three of Holt/Barton/Forrester. I doubt we will consistently have the same three but I think the two wider players will chop and change a bit depending on who we play and if its a midweek cup game etc. At least we have a bit of depth now and have full trust on those coming in off the bench. 

As with most big teams, starting lineups will be determined by league games and cup games.

Whoever starts a league game for these positions will come on at 60 minutes in cup games, and whoever starts a cup game will come on at 60 minutes in the following league game.

At the semi and final stages of the scottish cup Mark will start his best 11.

7 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

i would be very surprised to see Rossiter in our first 11! Majorly lacking in experience, as far as I'm aware he's only ever made one professional appearance! Can see him coming off the bench a lot next season! 

Then it comes down to 3 out of 4 across the middle with Holt, Halliday, Barton & Crooks! Though I wouldnt be all that surprised to see Crooks in a defensive role then the other three in the middle of the park so all 4 could feature!

There is no chance that he has signed to come here and play a bit part, he will feature heavily for me!

He played 4 times (200mins total) last season for Liverpool including a very good performance in the Europa League and has played a good few time for England unders.

He will be on a decent wage and had plenty of other offers, I expect him to be starting or at the very least playing in most games game.

53 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I honestly can't see him starting regularly, he's only just turned 19 and has like 5 first team appearances. Zelalem couldn't even start regularly and he was meant to be a much more talented player, whilst the squad will be filled with more quality this year.

Think he's a definite starter mate provided he's over his injuries