Welcome to Rangers FC, Joey Barton!

"When I first found out there was an opportunity to come here, that got the blood pumping," Barton told the Rangers website.

"I'm fully aware of the situation the club has been in for the last few years but to be part of a group that is going to put this club back where it belongs was an opportunity - that if I didn't take I would probably have regretted it for the rest of my life."

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just watched his 14 minute interview on RTV, unreal. He was asked if he could improve our profile with his twitter following, and he said "Its one of the real powerhouses of British football regardless of what happened over the last few years, when you have hundreds of years of history like Rangers do you don't need someone to raise its profile on twitter" :crywank:

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Just as a side note. I don't think Miller was due to play golf that day.

I think it was a very clever ploy for Miller to give Barton first hand evidence of what role Rangers have given him and what could be offered to him. 

Kenny Miller has been one of the best things to happen to this club since demotion.

I didn't want him back, I said he was past it. I now (or always to some!) look like a complete tit.

King Kenny...the real King Kenny! Rangers hero

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Kenny Miller has been one of the best things to happen to this club since demotion.

I didn't want him back, I said he was past it. I now (or always to some!) look like a complete tit.

I'm the same. I actually said Boyd would be a better signing that Miller.

I am a fuckin pure neck.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Im the same mate i feel a prick for slaughtering the guy he has served us well 

38 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Buzzing.

I remember when the very first rumour went about about him coming to us and I gave zero attention to it.

Fair play to whoever it was who posted about it, great signing. 

I kinda feel stupid saying more chance of Zlatan going to cellic than Joey coming to us.

Anyone seen his interview yet? Was so impressed with the way he was talking, seems a very intelligent man. Welcome to the biggest club in Europe, Joey, time to be a hero :D 

Welcome Joey Barton to The Famous Glasgow Rangers....the most successful Club in world football!!!

This guy is a ferocious warrior...EXACTLY what we need to take on the scum next season!!! Can you imagine broonaldo trying to give him the evil eye at the handshake point before a match against them?....broonaldo's bladder and bowels will evacuate their contents?!!

However, more importantly, this guy can play and he'll help take us to a level we've not been at for a while...in terms of sheer profile also!!!

:7326:WATP:uk: