Welcome to Rangers FC, Joey Barton!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'A Lasting First Impression', says the website, with a bit of Stanislavski there; Joey Barton's influence is obviously rubbing off already. Hopefully this is a great signing. He certainly has the character to make it here, and his experience will be invaluable to the whole team, but particularly the younger players. One more experienced signing in midfield and we should be quite strong there. The board are showing a lot of ambition, and continue to show that they are willing to back the manager.

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Kenny Miller has been one of the best things to happen to this club since demotion.

I didn't want him back, I said he was past it. I now (or always to some!) look like a complete tit.

King Kenny...the real King Kenny! Rangers hero

I was the same, mate. I didn't want him back. 

But, last Season I did notice how crucial he was to us and he showed he still had it in him. 

You can tell Miller was there under the Walter Smith era, he total encapsulates everything that Smith portrayed. Fight, passion and dignity. The way he's taken that into our new era under Warburton and Weir has been magnificent. The fact he was the top (open play) goal scorer in the Championship this year is a testament to him.

I was going to say loyalty but...

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

His latest tweet will send them over the edge.

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football."

:lol:

HaHa that's fucking brilliant, there's a 13 minute interview on Rangers.TV. He speaks really well, welcome to the Gers Joey.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I wonder if that's part of the video Warburton shows new signings. That quote always gets me pumped and emotional

He's very well read. I personally love reading a book on holiday, so I wouldn't be surprised if he read a book about us whilst way.

Or alternatively he googled it. :pipe: 

Either or I cool with it.