Welcome to Rangers FC, Joey Barton!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JB: "I had great options on the table and had a phenomenal time @BurnleyOfficial - but what they are about to do, I've done before."

JB: "I knew within an hour of setting foot in the building that this is the right place at the right time for me."

JB: "Without knowing @davidgweir or @MarkWarburton9, I felt like I did as we have so many mutual friends."

JB: "I had better financial offers - but you have to be able to look yourself in the mirror, and coming to @RangersFC allows me to do that."

JB: "You can be a certain age, but not feel it. I don't feel I have the body of a 33 year-old."

JB: "There is no shortcut to success, and everyone at this club is aware of it."

JB: "There is an incredible challenge here. Second in Scotland is nowhere - there's pressure, but I thrive on that."

JB: "I want to contribute to every facet of this organisation."

JB: "People keep telling me I've mellowed, but I still feel like the same person."

JB: "There have been times in the past where I may not have been on my best behaviour, but that's all in the past."

That concludes @Joey7Barton's media conference. Remember you can watch his first interview on @RangersTV now!

Congratulations son in joining the worlds most successful football club. 

I know it's only for two years but become a hero, a legend in that time - Wilkins did. 

Halfing Scit Broon in the first five minutes of yer first Derby would help. ?

Barton knows, like he says he's a football man and apart from someone hugely bitter about our Club it must be an easy decision to come here. The history, tradition and fanbase we have is world class. 

Refreshing to hear someone not born into our Club mention Bill Struth in the presser. 

A football man and I'm sure from now on also a Rangers man. (tu) 

His presser was excellent.

Talking about wanting to win trophies at this stage of his career, seeing the trophy room, seeing the Hall of Fame wall and having a member of it as his tour guide, Bill Struth portrait and said "I was bitten."

Best club in the world, it's impossible not to be bitten once you see that!

Just now, DBBTB said:

Easily the most high profile signing in Scottish Football since they signed Robbie Keane and when was that, 2010 maybe?

I think that's about right. Certainly when you consider that. Before Keane it would be really stretching it to the days of real money in Scottish football.

19 minutes ago, DerKlos said:

JB: "I had great options on the table and had a phenomenal time @BurnleyOfficial - but what they are about to do, I've done before."

JB: "I knew within an hour of setting foot in the building that this is the right place at the right time for me."

JB: "Without knowing @davidgweir or @MarkWarburton9, I felt like I did as we have so many mutual friends."

JB: "I had better financial offers - but you have to be able to look yourself in the mirror, and coming to @RangersFC allows me to do that."

JB: "You can be a certain age, but not feel it. I don't feel I have the body of a 33 year-old."

JB: "There is no shortcut to success, and everyone at this club is aware of it."

JB: "There is an incredible challenge here. Second in Scotland is nowhere - there's pressure, but I thrive on that."

Time for the opposition to be very worried :pipe:

Just now, DBBTB said:

Easily the most high profile signing in Scottish Football since they signed Robbie Keane and when was that, 2010 maybe?

It was, mate. January 2010, won them the League. :belm: 

Over the last decade, I'd say this signing ranks in our top 5. Just due to the reputation he holds and because we've just been promoted from the Championship.

17 minutes ago, DerKlos said:

Jeezo.. The guy has some belief in himself and it has fuck all to do with dosh.. Welcome to the Rangers family Josie B. :uk: