Welcome to Rangers FC, Joey Barton!

If the gaffer feels this is the right move then who am I to argue.

No denying he's far better than what we have already. I just hope he keeps the head and does the business anytime he pulls on our famous jersey.

Welcome to The Rangers (tu)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoke well in his conference, he's a switched on chap that's for sure, talking about our history and quoting Struth he has the fans fawning over him already.

Not that i think he's insincere, i believe it when he says he is a football man through and through and the chance to play for us means more to him that a better wage packet slugging it out in the bottom half of the EPL.

I think he'll be excellent for the development of Jordan Rossiter as well... got some scouse metal in midfield now.  Can't wait for next season... battlefever all summer.

29 minutes ago, ben51 said:

It was, mate. January 2010, won them the League. :belm: 

Over the last decade, I'd say this signing ranks in our top 5. Just due to the reputation he holds and because we've just been promoted from the Championship.

They love a big, box office name to get the fans back on side - Keane, Keane, Bellamy, Ljungberg. Hopefully Brendan carries on the "success" :pipe:

JB: "I want to contribute to every facet of this organisation."

Now I've never heard one player say so many of the right things when he first came to us. Yes a lot of it might just be there to make us happy, but it shows you his intelligence and understanding of the club that he's just signed for and the job he has to do.

I can imagine this guy is going to be a terrific manager in the future, I still can't believe he signed :P

Welcome to Rangers bud!

the club with the Scouse hard centre!

?

cant wait to see how what the Mersey Midfield can add...get some cover in the centre of defence and we'll be close!

I am a bit uneasy with this signing. He's an out and out taig supporter and I get the feeling he will not give a sh.it

as to whatever actions he does and how it reflects on our team and fans.

I can't trust him when it comes to a bheasts game.

If he is a s good as everyone is saying, and proves me wrong, then I will

put my hands up.

17 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

The scum are feart: "The folk flapping about the h*** signing Barton need to get a grip. I matters not a jot what they do providing we do our own job properly."

They've been listening to too many Mark Warburton interviews!!

1 minute ago, mchammer said:

I am a bit uneasy with this signing. He's an out and out taig supporter and I get the feeling he will not give a sh.it

as to whatever actions he does and how it reflects on our team and fans.

I can't trust him when it comes to a bheasts game.

If he is a s good as everyone is saying, and proves me wrong, then I will

put my hands up.

to me he seems like a player who no matter who he plays for or against he will give 100% 

2 hours ago, John Greig's Sideburns said:

Agreed, not a huge fan of it and especially dislike being referred to as 'The Light Blues' by the media

The "light blues" is in reference to an old newspaper article early on in our history describing our playing style. Think we were described as the speedy and light blues and it stuck since then someone posted on here about it from the founders trail was a good read (tu)

12 minutes ago, dbyst said:

to me he seems like a player who no matter who he plays for or against he will give 100% 

Maybe I will need to put my hands up now after seeing that bit of interview about signing for Rangers.

Time will tell though.