• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Wonder if he'll do a glaswegian accent lol 

Would be better if he ditched the phoney French accent and went straight into a phoney Dutch (pronounced 'Doootch') accent.

Some no-mark hack: "Joey.....how does it feel to be joining such a huge club like Rangers?"

Barton: "Shuuumtimeshh  eeeen deeesh moment eeeetshhhhh not sho' eassssshy!"

Joey Barton's past behavioural problems are understandably of concern to my fellow fans however he has apparently left those problems in the past. He has in recent times been commended numerous times for being a player who helps to quell incidents and disorder on the pitch, it's a far cry from days when he was seen as instigating them.

Joey Barton has just had arguably his best season in which he was not only recognised Burnley's 'Player of the Year' in winning the English Championship but also by way of his inclusion to the PFA 'Championship Team of the Year'.

At 34 (in September) he brings to Rangers an experienced robustness in central midfield whereby he is lauded particularly for his efficient and clever passing.

I welcome his signature as not only being an excellent player signing but for the message of intent it subsequently sends out.

Edit just to say that I have now just watched Joey Barton's interview/press-conference and consider it to be an excellent first appearance by him. Throughout it he is modest, enlightening, informative, honest, clever, ambitious, determined, acknowledging, respectful etc etc. I'm very impressed in what he said in response to the questions given to him.

3 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Joey Barton's past behavioural problems are understandably of concern to my fellow fans however he has apparently left those problems in the past. He has in recent times been commended numerous times for being a player who helps to quell incidents and disorder on the pitch, it's a far cry from days when he was seen as instigating them.

Joey Barton has just had arguably his best season in which he was not only recognised Burnley's 'Player of the Year' in winning the English Championship but also by way of his inclusion to the PFA 'Championship Team of the Year'.

At 34 (in September) he brings to Rangers an experienced robustness in central midfield whereby he is lauded particularly for his efficient and clever passing.

I welcome his signature as not only being an excellent player signing but for the message of intent it subsequently sends out.

100%

Miller is 36 and just played arguably the best football of his career (in my opinion anyway)

7 minutes ago, GallowhillLoyal said:

100%

Miller is 36 and just played arguably the best football of his career (in my opinion anyway)

21 goals in 18 games in the first half of the 2010-2011 season is almost certainly when he played the best football of his career.

I just watched the press conference and he came across well, even when the inevitable question regarding Celtic came up. I think that he gave an honest answer in respect to really only following Everton and just picking a side during a derby game, because to be totally honest, unless you care about Rangers or Celtic, people won't care about either until they play each other. 

That said, I think he'll be a great addition to the squad, I believe he'll bring professionalism with him as he's matured on the park and the Rangers come into the new season all guns blazing.

55 ??

22 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Part of the reason he may have calmed down could be seen crawling about during the press conference, having a kid may have altered his perspective on life.  It does for many people.  Seems MW is building a strong midfield pool, Barton, Halliday, Crooks! Holt, Rossiter, Windass, for the coming season.

1 hour ago, mchammer said:

I am a bit uneasy with this signing. He's an out and out taig supporter and I get the feeling he will not give a sh.it

as to whatever actions he does and how it reflects on our team and fans.

I can't trust him when it comes to a bheasts game.

If he is a s good as everyone is saying, and proves me wrong, then I will

put my hands up.

Couldn't give a shit about his past or any of his personal opinions. He will be wanting to prove the doubters wrong for sure.
Outspoken guys like that, it's often about their own personal pride first. So even if it is for his own pride and glory, so long as he does the job, that's what counts.

Great press conference. He spoke very intelligently about football in general, and it is this sort of experience that will make him invaluable for our younger players, as well as his obvious playing qualities. 

Was particularly impressed with his ability to tackle some of the inevitable harder questions that came up near the end of the interview. He was dead on about only really supporting one club. His answers sum up exactly where our great club is now and we should be proud that once again we are attracting good players, not for money but because it is a chance to play for us, and to represent our history and all we stand for.