Welcome to Rangers FC, Joey Barton!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably the biggest signing of my time tbh. Absolutely massive for us. 

Just the type of olayer we need. Protects the defence , but also adds the steel you need to protect our lads like McKay and Waghorn - Barton won't let cunts like David Gray boot Barrie up and down to keep him quiet. Celtic hoped to flat track bully us in the semi, we raised our intensity and it never happened. Not a chance in hell now. 

Also, give us a shoutout Joey, get the club ahead of Celtic in social media followers (tu)

6 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Probably the biggest signing of my time tbh. Absolutely massive for us. 

Just the type of olayer we need. Protects the defence , but also adds the steel you need to protect our lads like McKay and Waghorn - Barton won't let cunts like David Gray boot Barrie up and down to keep him quiet. Celtic hoped to flat track bully us in the semi, we raised our intensity and it never happened. Not a chance in hell now. 

Also, give us a shoutout Joey, get the club ahead of Celtic in social media followers (tu)

You make me feel old when saying he is the best signing of your time.

He will skoosh it up here but we still have more players to come in so hold your biggest signing until MW says the office is closed.

8 hours ago, markem said:

Media utterly obsessing over the Celtic thing - honestly don't recall them so hung up on o'halloren or the wee traitor that went in the other direction, both of who had actual allegiances.  It's almost like they want to take the focus away from the fact that we have signed a quality player, couldn't be that though could it?

I look forward to the media asking rodgers in his presser if he has or has had any allegiance to the ira.

I stated that I was unhappy with the prospect of signing Joey Barton, but I have listened to (and read) all of his interviews and I am impressed with everything he has said. His pressers with the local rags were exceptional, and he really acquitted himself well. I believe he is, indeed, a changed man, although that will 'cut no ice' when the rags find sufficient dirt to sling at him. This is the honeymoon period, thereafter he can expect little but hostility from the media and the players and supporters of theclubs that hate everything Rangers.

Welcome Joey. I wish you and your family a happy and productive time in Scotland, and at the mighty Rangers. Good luck and best wishes mate.

10 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I haven't really paid much attention to him over the years, except some incidents he was involved in, but I was quite surprised by that press conference, in the sense of how articulate he is. He handled those questions fairly well.

He never struggled for an answer was as if he was reading from a sheet

11 hours ago, JCS said:

I stated that I was unhappy with the prospect of signing Joey Barton, but I have listened to (and read) all of his interviews and I am impressed with everything he has said. His pressers with the local rags were exceptional, and he really acquitted himself well. I believe he is, indeed, a changed man, although that will 'cut no ice' when the rags find sufficient dirt to sling at him. This is the honeymoon period, thereafter he can expect little but hostility from the media and the players and supporters of theclubs that hate everything Rangers.

Welcome Joey. I wish you and your family a happy and productive time in Scotland, and at the mighty Rangers. Good luck and best wishes mate.

Same here?