44 years ago today

Just now, harlands plater said:

Sitting in the house desperately resisting the urge to put the radio on, determined to watch the delayed transmission on TV without knowing the result.

That's right youngsters, Rangers in a European final, and it wasn't even live on television .

It wasn't live on tv?

32 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Scotland v Wales at Hampden, in front of 21,332.

Quite a good attendance, given many of ours were in Spain, while the others (apart from you!) would have been gathered round radios!

49 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Sitting in the house desperately resisting the urge to put the radio on, determined to watch the delayed transmission on TV without knowing the result.

That's right youngsters, Rangers in a European final, and it wasn't even live on television .

My dad did the same but my mother came in from bingo and told him the score before it came on ?.

Always made me laugh, no wonder he divorced her 3 years later 

I remember listening to the game on the radio, and jumping up and down, making so much noise that my mother came through to see what I was doing.

Both my elder brothers were at the game. My dad had lost his driving license, after being caught drink driving. One of my brothers actually sold my dads car, without his knowledge, to pay for the trip, since my dad couldn't drive it. He said that he had hidden it away, just in case my dad gave into temptation and drove it while suspended. 

And after avoiding hearing the score we watched the first half, looking good 2-0 to the Bears.

Then as they come to the break the presenter - Arthur Montford? - says "join us after the break for three great goals". As soon as wee Bud scored the third just after halftime we knew we had won :D

My auld dad assures me I was the result of a drunken fumble celebrating the European victory. I will be 44 at the end of next January so I reckon he might be right. Felt quite proud when he told me despite the drunken fumble bit.

10 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

You must have had a few days off from nursery school :wink:

Back in those days we couldn't afford nursery....weans were left by the parents to fend for themselves.

I took to stealing passports...hence my trip to Spain. :matron: 

5 hours ago, Travelrug said:

My auld dad assures me I was the result of a drunken fumble celebrating the European victory. I will be 44 at the end of next January so I reckon he might be right. Felt quite proud when he told me despite the drunken fumble bit.

Please tell me Barcelona is your middle name :pipe:

6 hours ago, Travelrug said:

My Dad said the same, I just turned 27 but I reckon it probably took him at least 13 year to sober up from it

35 minutes ago, CanadianBacon said:

Back in those days we couldn't afford nursery....weans were left by the parents to fend for themselves.

I took to stealing passports...hence my trip to Spain. :matron: 

Good to see you back , mate.

Take it you've been on a break courtesy of a stolen passport and the riches that editing a fanzine bring  :wink: