Just wow. Next stage in blame Rangers really vamped up

K.A.I

Can't believe this bullshit. This is really the SNP's hand-picked Police Scotland SS force doing their very best to shift the blame right onto Rangers for their own failings.

From the Daily Courageous

Cops claim mob rule outside Hampden stopped them getting in to deal with battling Rangers and Hibs fans

23:30, 25 May 2016

By Jane Hamilton

POLICE officers stationed outside the ground say they were prevented from entering the stadium by angry crowds of Rangers fans who had just left Hampden.

Shares

Officers claim they were prevented from getting into Hampden due to 'mob rule' outside

POLICE officers stationed outside Hampden when thousands of fans invaded the pitch claim they were prevented from entering the stadium by angry Rangers crowds.

Complaints included being subjected to a barrage of abuse, their vans being jostled and some parents were accused of using their own kids to block roads.

One account given to the Record said a “mob mentality” prevailed outside the National Stadium after Hibs beat Rangers 3-2 in Saturday’s Scottish Cup final.

We were told people impeding and attacking a police convoy led to a 20-minute delay in riot control officers getting into the stadium.

READ MORE: Only 138 cops were on duty inside the stadium when thousands of fans invaded the pitch

The detailed description claimed: “This wasn’t 18 to 30-year-olds doing this, it was families, older men in suits, 12-year-olds shouting as fiercely as their fathers and mothers.

“It was ordinary people totally affected by ‘the mob mentality’.

Reuters

Officers claim they struggled to get past angry Rangers fans as they tried to get into stadium

“No one was attacking shops or other cars, it was all directed at me and my colleagues. The venom and bile directed at us shocked everyone in our detail and we are all experienced officers. I’ve never seen such anger directed at the police.”

He was addressing criticism of the police reaction to the Hibs fans’ pitch invasion which saw Rangers players being attacked. It descended into further violence as supporters of the Ibrox club entered the field to battle their rivals.

He said: “I, along with approximately 75 other officers who had public order duties outside the ground, immediately made our way to the ground from no further than one mile away.

"There were many more officers on duty but I can only speak about our detail. We were in marked police vans in convoy with blue lights and sirens. Our priority was to assist within the stadium.

READ MORE: Hibs fan pleads guilty to confronting Rangers keeper Wes Foderingham during Hampden riot

“On entering Cathcart Road from Prospecthill Road, we were presented with a large crowd of Rangers fans leaving the ground on the pavements and road.

“Within seconds, they all started shouting at us, pointing to their watches saying we were ‘too late’.

“They were refusing to get out of our way, in some cases using their children to block our road and stop our vans, a tactic I had only seen in Northern Ireland.

Fans clashed at full time and reinforcements took a long time to arrive to quell the violence

"They then started hitting and spitting on the vans, throwing items at the vans, trying to rock the vans, kicking the vans, trying the doors.

“This isn’t a few bad eggs in the crowd – this was everyone walking past us. This lasted for 15 to 20 minutes. Had the road been relatively clear, we would have reached the stadium in 30 seconds.”

His comments were backed up by other cops, with one public order officer saying: “We heard lots of vans were attacked by Rangers fans, preventing police getting to the stadium quickly.

“Hibs fans were all inside invading the pitch and the ones who weren’t were waiting for the cup presentation.”

Another police source said: “A few of the lads were stopped from getting in the stadium when their vans were ambushed by Rangers fans outside Hampden.

“They’ve just joined in with mob mentality and surged towards the cops.”

READ MORE: Hibs fan appears in court charged with attempting to punch Rangers stars Lee Wallace and Jason Holt

The Record revealed yesterday that only 138 police officers were deployed inside the stadium at the final whistle with the majority outside as that’s where police chiefs anticipated most trouble.

Critics have said police were slow to respond inside to thousands of fans on the pitch, running battles and players being assaulted.

The cup presentation was delayed for 45 minutes. Just 14 people have so far been arrested.

SNS

Police finally keep the fans in check

We asked Police Scotland to address the officers’ accounts. They responded with a general statement.

Quoting Assistant Chief Constable Mark Williams, it read: “A full criminal investigation is now under way.

“We have a dedicated incident room and I’d appeal to anyone who has information in relation to criminal
behaviour at Hampden on Saturday to contact detectives on 0141 532 5457.

“Although we’ve made a number of arrests, I fully expect more to be made in the coming days as we sift through evidence from CCTV and other video footage and photographic images.

“Public safety is our No1 priority and the pitch incursion was unacceptable and jeopardised that.

“Our response was immediate, measured, proportionate and professional. In a short period of time, we deployed mounted officers, public order and conventional officers to separate the opposing supporters.”

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv just read this shite ,so we're getting the blame for them being far to lackadaisical ,surprise surprise, the only thing that I saw was the rangers fans sarcastically applauding  the vans what the fuck did the expect  trying to drive through  thousands of fans trying  to get home, don't point the finger of blame our way you messed up  big time, you should have been in the ground BEFORE The final wistle  iam sure I read they were only 130 police inside the stadium, but no its the big bad Rangers fans fault.  Fucking shocking. 

Oh well, surprise, surprise. It took them longer than I thought to get the shite out there.

Unbelievable stuff, full of lies and over exaggerations. As I've said, corrupt to the fucking core, every fucking last one of them. This backwater is turning into nothing less than a police state to subdue the Rangers/PUL community. Plod executing government policy, as truth becomes the casualty and the enemies of SNPIRA are duly silenced.

Wee nicky always the vindictive bastard and the timeline of this particular announcement is of no coincidence.

Haven't these back to fronts learned blaming fans for their failings will return in the future to bite them on the arse - a la Hillsborough. Implying fans leaving the stadia were angry when no doubt they were just leaving will have consequences, the buttons will have to back this up with video evidence. CCTV will show people leaving a football ground and nothing more. 

Not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me but just read headline on the above site which states "mob rule by rangers fans outside hampden prevented us from getting inside say police Scotland" well my wife and myself plus 4 friends left the ground after the last goal was scored and we sat on an official Rangers fc hospitality coach outside hampden. Until 5 45 and not one of us witnessed any raised voices far less "mob rule" where do they get this utter nonsense from.

Where is the video evidence? Why is this only just coming out? CCTV then? More like the fans were pointing at their watches saying it was too late

Rocking the police vans? Fuck off

Dirty bastards, very clever from them

If this had happened it would have been all over the media on Saturday night, Sunday morning at the latest. For this to come out now is disgusting. Hundreds of police officers attacked and not a peep since Saturday? Aye very good. Fuck right off. When the police are in any way shape or form attacked they're not shy in letting people know. They've basically taken almost a week to all get their fabricated stories together. There will be CCTV all over the place so these cunts should challenged every step of the way...............

6 minutes ago, Falkirk bear said:

Not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me but just read headline on the above site which states "mob rule by rangers fans outside hampden prevented us from getting inside say police Scotland" well my wife and myself plus 4 friends left the ground after the last goal was scored and we sat on an official Rangers fc hospitality coach outside hampden. Until 5 45 and not one of us witnessed any raised voices far less "mob rule" where do they get this utter nonsense from.

From tarrier minded bloggers no doubt.