Just wow. Next stage in blame Rangers really vamped up

K.A.I

Turning from prospecthill Road into Cathcart Road and there were loads of rangers fans saying too late etc, if true then the fans are correct, because at that point the hibs fans are on the park, having attacked our players and goaded our fans, 

And plod are still half a mile from the stadium at that point

Dont think they thought out this excuse :lol:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought they said it took them 10 minutes to get the riot under control, took 8 minnutes at least for the mounties to arrive and now their own admission they were sitting in cathcart road for 20 minutes.....sums don't add up plod...

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I'm amazed that a journalist can quote a source from the police and not having to name them, unless it's an official police spokesperson.

She has to justify her source

Someone in Scotland needs to write to Polics Scotland and ask if these are official quotes or leaks

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

“This isn’t a few bad eggs in the crowd – this was everyone walking past us."

Picked this little line out...

Now I know fuck all about legal matters, but IF this turns out to be an official police quote, would I and thousands of other people who were walking past these vans have any sort of a case for slander?

I really don't even know where to start with how much utter fuckin nonsense is scrolled down on that.

So it took them 4 days to come up with this 'story'. Bullshit.gif

The real question is why were there only 100 odd police inside the stadium at the final whistle? Even trying to assuage their blame they show themselves up as ill-prepared and incompetent.

On the bright side the truth should come out in a couple decades...

5 hours ago, John Greig's Sideburns said:

What the fuck, literally walked past a squad of them after the game and while people were sarcastically clapping and pointing to their watches that has it, no spitting and attacking and no child shields. What is wrong with these cunts?

Like I've said on countless occasion..The plod fuckpigs .Gestapo bastards have been taken over at the very top by beggar bastards controlling the foot soldiers .Like my nephew and mate .There are plenty of bluenose cops.Howver nowadays there are just as many beggars in the force .Crucially though .Many more beggars since 1  Polce Scotland was formed in control .I was walking around outside after game .These stories are just utter lies .The club will be too scared to go against the plod fuckpigs .Like many have said on here .It's war .And still some call out bears for using taig like behaviour .

Anyone really surprised they came out with that? I aint, I expected it on Tuesday though its a bit late albeit its a big lie to make up so it took a bit longer, as long as it took to find a car in the woods near Stirling when these poor people died.

Only reading this now, just confirms what I know from first hand experience: cops are liars.

Perhaps if Police Scotland had done their due diligence on the game they would have known that Hibs fans were preparing to invade the pitch and would have had a larger police presence inside Hampden. Then the 'angry mob' of Rangers fans wouldn't have been so angry.

The club MUST back us on this and call Police Scotland out for being the shambles that they are.

It looks like the only way to get our point across next season is for the club to turn down away allocation since the safety of fans cannot be guaranteed.

Make no mistake folks, Rangers fans in 21st Century Scotland are a pariah. We have to stand up to this dehumanisation otherwise we will end up being vilified and blamed for ALL society's ills and an attempt will be made to cleanse us.

“This isn’t a few bad eggs in the crowd – this was everyone walking past us. This lasted for 15 to 20 minutes. Had the road been relatively clear, we would have reached the stadium in 30 seconds.”

This isn't just a few police covering their arse, this is a massive sweep.

"Everyone walking past us "

Could have been up to 10k bears ffs.

"  had the road been relately clear "

By that logic had we stayed in our fuc*ing beds it'd have made their jobs a lot easier. 

I'm not having that! I left hampden and the police were slowly marching towards hampden and yes people were shouting at them and telling them they were useless but at no point did I see anyone getting in their way. I saw them sitting in their police vans and not even trying to get out. They're talking shite and trying to shift blame to us!

They can fuck right off.

I'm going to write a very strong worded letter this morning to the chief Constable.  

Im sooooo angry :5536:

A close family relation who is a Policeman told me that one van had a missile thrown at it by a Rangers fan  after the game. Absolutely nothing like the scenario painted in the OPs piece. He also said that four Policemen were assaulted by Hibernian supporters that resulted in them  requiring medical treatment including a fractured leg.

I'm hoping that on the clubs to do list today, that they will do three things.

1 Contact the police and ask them their stance on that story.

2.Contact the Daily Record and Challenge that story. 

3.Release a statement has to what is what, and whether they'll take this inquiry to a higher authority.

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Can't believe this bullshit. This is really the SNP's hand-picked Police Scotland SS force doing their very best to shift the blame right onto Rangers for their own failings.

From the Daily Courageous

Cops claim mob rule outside Hampden stopped them getting in to deal with battling Rangers and Hibs fans

23:30, 25 May 2016

By Jane Hamilton

POLICE officers stationed outside the ground say they were prevented from entering the stadium by angry crowds of Rangers fans who had just left Hampden.

Shares

Officers claim they were prevented from getting into Hampden due to 'mob rule' outside

POLICE officers stationed outside Hampden when thousands of fans invaded the pitch claim they were prevented from entering the stadium by angry Rangers crowds.

Complaints included being subjected to a barrage of abuse, their vans being jostled and some parents were accused of using their own kids to block roads.

One account given to the Record said a “mob mentality” prevailed outside the National Stadium after Hibs beat Rangers 3-2 in Saturday’s Scottish Cup final.

We were told people impeding and attacking a police convoy led to a 20-minute delay in riot control officers getting into the stadium.

READ MORE: Only 138 cops were on duty inside the stadium when thousands of fans invaded the pitch

The detailed description claimed: “This wasn’t 18 to 30-year-olds doing this, it was families, older men in suits, 12-year-olds shouting as fiercely as their fathers and mothers.

“It was ordinary people totally affected by ‘the mob mentality’.

Reuters

Officers claim they struggled to get past angry Rangers fans as they tried to get into stadium

“No one was attacking shops or other cars, it was all directed at me and my colleagues. The venom and bile directed at us shocked everyone in our detail and we are all experienced officers. I’ve never seen such anger directed at the police.”

He was addressing criticism of the police reaction to the Hibs fans’ pitch invasion which saw Rangers players being attacked. It descended into further violence as supporters of the Ibrox club entered the field to battle their rivals.

He said: “I, along with approximately 75 other officers who had public order duties outside the ground, immediately made our way to the ground from no further than one mile away.

"There were many more officers on duty but I can only speak about our detail. We were in marked police vans in convoy with blue lights and sirens. Our priority was to assist within the stadium.

READ MORE: Hibs fan pleads guilty to confronting Rangers keeper Wes Foderingham during Hampden riot

“On entering Cathcart Road from Prospecthill Road, we were presented with a large crowd of Rangers fans leaving the ground on the pavements and road.

“Within seconds, they all started shouting at us, pointing to their watches saying we were ‘too late’.

“They were refusing to get out of our way, in some cases using their children to block our road and stop our vans, a tactic I had only seen in Northern Ireland.

Fans clashed at full time and reinforcements took a long time to arrive to quell the violence

"They then started hitting and spitting on the vans, throwing items at the vans, trying to rock the vans, kicking the vans, trying the doors.

“This isn’t a few bad eggs in the crowd – this was everyone walking past us. This lasted for 15 to 20 minutes. Had the road been relatively clear, we would have reached the stadium in 30 seconds.”

His comments were backed up by other cops, with one public order officer saying: “We heard lots of vans were attacked by Rangers fans, preventing police getting to the stadium quickly.

“Hibs fans were all inside invading the pitch and the ones who weren’t were waiting for the cup presentation.”

Another police source said: “A few of the lads were stopped from getting in the stadium when their vans were ambushed by Rangers fans outside Hampden.

“They’ve just joined in with mob mentality and surged towards the cops.”

READ MORE: Hibs fan appears in court charged with attempting to punch Rangers stars Lee Wallace and Jason Holt

The Record revealed yesterday that only 138 police officers were deployed inside the stadium at the final whistle with the majority outside as that’s where police chiefs anticipated most trouble.

Critics have said police were slow to respond inside to thousands of fans on the pitch, running battles and players being assaulted.

The cup presentation was delayed for 45 minutes. Just 14 people have so far been arrested.

SNS

Police finally keep the fans in check

We asked Police Scotland to address the officers’ accounts. They responded with a general statement.

Quoting Assistant Chief Constable Mark Williams, it read: “A full criminal investigation is now under way.

“We have a dedicated incident room and I’d appeal to anyone who has information in relation to criminal
behaviour at Hampden on Saturday to contact detectives on 0141 532 5457.

“Although we’ve made a number of arrests, I fully expect more to be made in the coming days as we sift through evidence from CCTV and other video footage and photographic images.

“Public safety is our No1 priority and the pitch incursion was unacceptable and jeopardised that.

“Our response was immediate, measured, proportionate and professional. In a short period of time, we deployed mounted officers, public order and conventional officers to separate the opposing supporters.”

If you had maybe put your sirens on do show you were attending an emergency situation it would have been helpful .. The hassle was over by that time the horses had already been on the pitch. They said it themselves ,rangers fans pointing to their watches telling them it's too late.

Unreal. Aye there were fans going mental due to the ignorance wof the officers on duty their lack of response to an emergency situation and the fact that they should have been inside the stadium in a high profile match ..

Total disgrace 

31 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Only reading this now, just confirms what I know from first hand experience: cops are liars.

Perhaps if Police Scotland had done their due diligence on the game they would have known that Hibs fans were preparing to invade the pitch and would have had a larger police presence inside Hampden. Then the 'angry mob' of Rangers fans wouldn't have been so angry.

The club MUST back us on this and call Police Scotland out for being the shambles that they are.

It looks like the only way to get our point across next season is for the club to turn down away allocation since the safety of fans cannot be guaranteed.

Make no mistake folks, Rangers fans in 21st Century Scotland are a pariah. We have to stand up to this dehumanisation otherwise we will end up being vilified and blamed for ALL society's ills and an attempt will be made to cleanse us.

Many bears will be unhappy, but I for one wouldn't take any away allocation of tickets and give them nothing

1 hour ago, AlBear85 said:

So it took them 4 days to come up with this 'story'. Bullshit.gif

The real question is why were there only 100 odd police inside the stadium at the final whistle? Even trying to assuage their blame they show themselves up as ill-prepared and incompetent.

On the bright side the truth should come out in a couple decades...

Exactly were the SFA cutting corners and saying their stewards would do inside security with minimal police presence. 

Wow, that's the biggest load of bollocks I've read in a long time . Took a few days to get that speil together. As they like to point camcorders at rangers fans I take it they have plenty of evidence. Don't hold your breath.

22 minutes ago, jcb said:

A close family relation who is a Policeman told me that one van had a missile thrown at it by a Rangers fan  after the game. Absolutely nothing like the scenario painted in the OPs piece. He also said that four Policemen were assaulted by Hibernian supporters that resulted in them  requiring medical treatment including a fractured leg.

I can't help but think this story is designed to infuriate Rangers fans against the police, Whilst the SFA do the 'sweep sweep not our mess' in the background.

7 hours ago, BallochBear said:

Surely the cops must have video evidence as they film everything.  Let them produce this to prove their claims.

Families and father's using their young children - aye right.

Aye exactly, if your doing  no good in their eyes (like singing songs) they would use the videos as evidence. So where's the videos of the "mob rule" fans streaming and screaming out of Hampden pc plod?

i smell shite!!