Just wow. Next stage in blame Rangers really vamped up

K.A.I

39 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

The story is from a biased reporter and paper with unnamed sources.

I left the North Stand when the police horses went onto the park.

I went along Somerville Drive and Cathcart Road where thousands of Gers fans were walking.

Police vans were moving slow or stationary because of the volume of fans and a few cars on Cathcart Road. There were no sirens and they made no real effort to get through. They sat on their arses and done fuck all.

Some fans did sarcastically cheered and applauded them for appearing after the trouble on the park was over.

I didn't see anyone preventing Police vans getting through.

No excuses, the Police were fuckin useless. 

This is exactly my experience. I left from B4 as the police horses entered the pitch and the halfway line cordon was established. I consoled my nephew and we went outside to meet a couple of minutes at the big sign before heading back to our bus. By the time we'd left, waited and walked up to the road, there were still no vans on the scene. Traffic was bad because of the volume of fans leaving and traffic not flowing (as has been the case for any big game at Hampden since the dawn of time). It wasn't until we were halfway along the road to the bus that any police vans appeared.

There was some anger (righteous in my opinion) vented that the police were not on location at the stadium and the abuse was predominantly verbal but at absolutely no point was there any impediment to these vans from a Rangers fans standpoint and certainly not with any children. It's a claim that is disingenuous at best and criminally libellous at worst. An utter disgrace that this has went to print and all the worse for the good work fellow bears have put into uncovering the reporter as a rabid tarrier cow. This must be addressed and fucking strongly because this is a case of painting us out as the root cause of all evil again.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent a long winded email this morning when I read the story, not usually something I would do. 

I just can't get my head round this about nonsense. The lack of accountability on the police's part is absolutely shocking.

Ridiculous statement, already spoke to a few people at work who support a range of teams, everyone one of them said that it is bull shit and made the reference to the hillsborough (police cover up) The toilet paper that has written this as well needs to be held to account. From all this apparent violence and mayhem that took place they could only get information from one person? and there is zero video evidence from fans or passers by or anything. Pretty confident this mini riot that we apparently caused would have drawn some attention. Typical police force looking after their lofty salary and pension will do anything to avoid punishment or even to simply admit the truth. Almost a week its taken for this story to "break" i always felt that the police were 95% responsible for this, and this attempt to wriggle out of any responsibility/blame shows it!

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

That is the worst type of deflection I have read so far in this debacle and the whole thing has taken an extremely sinister turn when the countries police force openly start to side against a section of society and it is roundly welcomed and spun by the media. Police men and women are always going to struggle to get into a stadium when thousands of fans are leaving, to use that as an excuse beggers belief.

However that is a side issue. For the Police to sanction this story (and sanction it they would have as its obviously a spin job) they are now involved wholeheartedly in pushing the blame for this on to Rangers fans to mitigate some of their own culpability, and as some have said, Hillsborough spring immediately to mind in that respect.

We have a media  with supposedly impartial journalists and broadcasters openly lying about what went on on Saturday, we have SFA  Board members trying to ignore the Hibs fans role in the whole thing or putting it all down to exuberance, we have our very own First Minister trying to whitewash the entire incident as if it never happened - going so far as to simply ignore videoed assaults on Rangers players -  and now the Police have weighed in with a very open attempt to blame Rangers fans.

To be honest I was never one for conspiracy theorys but  there is is obviously an anti Rangers campaign here that encompasses  top politicians, policing and the media. I am flabbergasted that this could happen in Scotland and as I say this is an extremely sinister turn.

Bang on with that and it has being going on for a very long time. We are the fly in the ointment of the chattering classes and make a great story. Just a pity it is mainly in our demonisation. D'Art was bang on a few days ago in his article when he used the dehumanisation of our fans paraphrase, because that is exactly what is going on.

I go back four years in that we made our mistake in not making our stand against the SFA/SPL at the time.  We compromised due to our new owners wanting and needing to make money. Our new owners then raped us, as the authorities have done so ever since, arising out of that initial weakness. It was a mistake that we have lived to regret. Our only chance of redemption and turning it all around, is by doing it on the park and taking the titles, as that is the one thing that our haters done thier level best in trying to make sure that we never again achieve. From the politicos in power to the clubs and their fans, we are the fly in the ointment and all that is bad, they all point to our club. They have done their job well, but not well enough, as we have them all confounded and worried, as we haven't went away and we ARE back, but our journey will remain a treacherous one as we are again seeing.

35 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You know, even the timing of this conspires against us, as we go into the close season, making it more difficult to organise a mass demo, unless you are a taig or a yesser, who do appear more of a mind in doing these type of things. A mass demo is just one of many strands in a campaign, but it is one of the best at attracting maximum publicity in getting the message accross as it shows that we are prepared to stand up and be counted in our fight for justice, no matter the spin officialdom or the mhedia try to put on it, it will stick in the minds of the public and it is a tactic that governments hate because of this. We did it before with one of our heroes at the helm, in the late great Sandy Jardine. We could do it again, if we have the mind and the will.

From officialdom's side, the more lies perpetuated  against us the better, as they are to good effect in the propaganda campaign against. Expect many more, as this is not the end of it.

Plenty more to come especially when police scotland are compromised and tainted with outside influences! They knew who they were employing with this new chief of police!:sherlock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/12186833/Nicola-Sturgeon-loans-press-chief-to-Police-Scotland.html

29 minutes ago, heathen fish boy said:

Any Bears on twitter,don't bite on the journo,they're obviously fishing for another story here,don't take the bait 

Very important point, it detracts from our argument too often when people give these "journalists" abuse etc. needs to be done the right way, questions questions and more questions not abuse!

7 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Even if this was at all true it still doesn't explain the failings in security which allowed all those fans to rush onto the pitch in the first place.

My anger stems from the FACT that it IS NOT TRUE...

2 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Even if this was at all true it still doesn't explain the failings in security which allowed all those fans to rush onto the pitch in the first place.

You know, I'm actually pretty shocked that David Gray didn't get booked for celebrating with the fans. Something we've gotten booked for in plenty supply.

And because he ran to the fans, the fans went closer to the barrier. So you could even say he had a part to play in the pitch invasion due to his celebration. 

I smell shoite!!!

I left hampdump around 10 mins after the game finished and on the way out via the Hampden Taxi route we passed around 3 groups of marching plod 1 group of trotting plod and around 3 to 4 vans. Everyone of them was given dogs abuse from our fans with lots of sarcastic cheering & clapping. On turning into Battlefield lo & behold 3 vans with "support group" on the side came through the lights with their sirens on and flashing lights again lots of sarcastic jeering. No sign of vans being jostled and kamikaze children only jeering and clapping.

As some have said, if they are openly saying that there was a "barrage" of Rangers fans "ambushing" them on Cathcart Rd/Prospecthill Rd, that's what still a good distance from the stadium? Why were they that far away? There were was a clear as day agenda against Rangers before Saturday, but this takes it to a whole new fucking level. The Club must act now. 

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Plenty more to come especially when police scotland are compromised and tainted with outside influences! They knew who they were employing with this new chief of police!:sherlock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/12186833/Nicola-Sturgeon-loans-press-chief-to-Police-Scotland.html

Ooft! You know how to depress a person. So nicky sends the government's chief press officer to improve plod's image. She just didn't say it would be at our expense, but I suppose she didn't have to. Well that explains much about the post match press releases in demonising us. They probably couldn't have believed their luck, in that it was us. The perfect scapegoat to get the heat of them and a double whammy for the gov. In again setting us up as all that is wrong with the society. We certainly will be taking a battering in the mhedia with this cunt heading up plod's communications. It's all starting to fall into place and as I said, this IS all coming from the top!