League Cup group section

wully

South

First level seeds (1 per group) Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Hamilton Accies, Kilmarnock

Second level seeds (1 per group) Rangers, Morton, St Mirren, QotS

Unseeded (3 per group) Ayr, Livingston, Stranraer, Airdrie, Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir, Queens Park, Clyde, Annan, Berwick Rangers, Edinburgh City, East Stirling

I am not going to type out the North section but the SPFL have fucked up and put Dumbarton in with ICT, Peterhead etc.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The SPFL can today confirm that the First Round Group Stage draw for the 2016 Betfred Cup will be conducted live on BT Sport from 7.30pm this Friday.

The special one-off programme by the competition’s exclusive live broadcaster BT Sport will be shown live on BT Sport Europe immediately after the channel’s live UEFA Champions League Final Preview programme.

The Betfred Cup First Round Group Stage draw will be presented by BT Sport’s Derek Rae with the 40 participating teams drawn by pundits Chris Sutton and Michael Stewart.

The First Round Group Stage of the Betfred Cup features 40 teams: All 38 SPFL clubs not involved in UEFA qualifiers as well as Highland League champions Cove Rangers and new Lowland League entrants East Stirlingshire. (Edinburgh City, Lowland League champions, make their competition debut as the newest member of the SPFL).

Teams will be drawn into eight groups of five teams, on a seeded basis. Fixtures and TV selections will then be announced w/c 30 May.

In each group teams will play each other once in a round-robin format on each of 16, 20, 23, 27 and 30 July (subject to live broadcast selections). In the First Round Group Stage there are three points for a win and one point for a draw, with drawn matches in the Group Stage going straight to a penalty shoot-out and the winner of the penalty shoot-out being awarded a bonus point.

Eight First Round Group Stage winners and the four best runners-up progress to the second round, joined by the SPFL’s four UEFA qualifying clubs (Celtic, Aberdeen, Heart of Midlothian and Hibernian). The competition concludes with the Betfred Cup Final at Hampden Park on Sunday, 27 November.

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/betfred-cup-draw-live-on-bt-sport/#MlvhdSZL3yu1ewGT.99

3 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

What are the odds on them fucking it up again like the SC draw?

"That concludes the draw for group 1, which contains Arsenal, Rangers, Rangers and Switzerland" :lol: 

Seriously I can't believe they're televising this.

29 minutes ago, Calum72 said:

Actually looking forward to the new set up, that's how it was back in the 70's and 80's I believe, looking forward to the draw:21: 

Me too actually. I had forgotten we were in it due to all the palaver of police, politics and pitch invasions.

It may just be the only chance we get to sample the group stages, so I am game for it; bizarre bonus point penalty shoot-outs, the lot.