Jane Hamilton: Bigot journalist from the Daily Record

Bhudda

4 hours ago, The_Blue_Flash said:

Has everyone read this?  yes I would prefer anyone was singing any song than getting physically assaulted, I don't know about anyone else.
How they are trying to put singing against fighting is insanity.

Rangers chief Stewart Robertson insists he'd rather fans were singing than fighting

05:00, 27 May 2016

Updated 10:59, 27 May 2016

By Gary Ralston

THE Ibrox club are angry at the focus being placed on the singing of the Billy Boys as chaos ensued in the aftermath of the Scottish Cup final.

Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson

RANGERS chief Stewart Robertson last night insisted he’d rather fans sang offensive songs than battered each other to a pulp.

The Ibrox club are angry at the focus being placed on the singing of the Billy Boys as chaos ensued in the aftermath of the Scottish Cup final.

Robertson condemned the singing but has pinned the blame for the Hampden scenes of shame firmly at the door of Hibs.

He revealed the Easter Road club have been in email correspondence to express “regret” at the mayhem that followed the end of Saturday’s showpiece.

Rangers MD Stewart Robertson helps launch Club 1872

Thousands of Hibs fans invaded the pitch as their team celebrated a 3-2 win and their first Scottish Cup triumph in 114 years.

However, joy quickly gave way to thuggery and violence as Rangers players and backroom staff were attacked by rival supporters.

The SFA and Police Scotland have launched investigations, but Rangers are dismayed at the attention on their supporters’ singing as chaos ensued.

Their fans belted out the banned anthem the Billy Boys as Hibs fans streamed towards their end of the ground, goading and taunting the Championship winners.

Dozens of Rangers fans also jumped over the barriers to attack Hibs fans in retaliation, but Robertson insists it could have been so much worse.

He said: “We’ve had an email from Hibs, acknowledging and regretting what happened. When the final whistle blew, Hibs fans come over the top, ran up the pitch to the halfway line and attacked our players.

“They continued running up the pitch and actually goaded, taunted and provoked our fans. It’s just not acceptable we have players and staff attacked at their place of work.

“If I recall correctly, the Billy Boys was sung after the Hibs fans came on to the pitch. We don’t condone that kind of behaviour.

“However, if I had a choice between the fans singing a song or piling over the wall into a pitched battle with the Hibs fans, I know what I would choose.

“That doesn’t make it right, but you have to put it into context. I’d rather have that than two or three thousand piling over the wall and we have a riot on our hands.

“In our dressing room you saw how shaken the boys were by the trauma caused by these events. Every one of those players coming off that pitch was pretty badly impacted by what happened.

“We took the decision just to get out of the stadium, not because we couldn’t guarantee the players’ safety, but because nobody could guarantee the players’ safety. I hadn’t seen anything like that in my life - and Mark Warburton certainly hadn’t seen anything like it.

“We’re now going to step back and let the investigations take their paths. We need to wait and see what comes out of that, what went wrong. Then we can progress discussions.”

Robertson was speaking at Ibrox yesterday at the launch of Club 1872, an independent group representing the united interests of Rangers supporters who were previously members of a range of fan organisations.

They have wasted no time in calling for the resignation of Hibs chairman Rod Petrie, who claimed in the immediate aftermath the behaviour of his fans was a result of “over exuberance”.

Robertson has also taken issue with that assessment and while critical of his own fans who came on to the pitch to fight, he still maintains a degree of justification for their behaviour.

He added: “I don’t know when Rod made his comments. It struck me from what I saw that it was very clear what had happened. Whether he was aware of that or not, I don’t know, but I was surprised at the comments made on Saturday evening.

“It seems very clear to us what had happened - and some Rangers fans let the club down as well.

“We don’t condone any act of violence in football and some of our fans ended up on the pitch, but you have to go back to the provocation, the taunting and the goading. “I’ve seen some of the footage from close up and they felt threatened. They saw players being attacked by the Hibs fans. Let’s not forget that the Hibs fans came over the top.

“The Hibs fans initiated everything that happened. The Hibs fans ran towards them. But the investigations will inevitably lead to some of those fans who were on the pitch being punished and we will take appropriate action against those fans and do the right thing.

“There’s a responsibility on the authorities. There’s a responsibility on football clubs. There’s a responsibility on everybody who goes to a football match to behave in an appropriate way.

“Hopefully, the investigation will identify is what went wrong. Can I just say congratulations to Hibs on winning the cup? It was obviously a big day for them after 114 years. They deserved their victory, so well done to Hibs.

“But why were their fans allowed to come on to the pitch and attack our players and staff? How can we prevent it happening again? Nobody wants to see those scenes.”

EDITOR’S NOTE: In an earlier version of this story we wrongly wrote Stewart Robertson had "condoned" sectarian singing. This was an error on our part. The word, of course, should have been "condemned". We fixed this on Friday morning as soon as it had been spotted. We apologise for our mistake.

You really have to hand it to the jock mhedia hibs are now out of the picture and we are on the defensive

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/26/2016 at 0:52 PM, Bhudda said:

So today's slanderous piece in the Daily Record (which blames Rangers fans for Saturday's scenes because we seemingly behaved like a baying mob, deploying tactics only seen in Northern Ireland, using children to obstruct the police in course of their duties) was written by one Jane Hamilton:  https://twitter.com/janehamilton22

Self-confessed Celtic fan, using this as her Twitter account profile picture (which she uses in a professional capacity to share Daily Record articles):

_gNzhy-h_400x400.jpg

Her previous article, prior to the one mentioned above was about Greg Binnie, the Hibs fan who stormed the pitch and made a run for Foderingham.  The article is about unverified claims he has since received death threats from Rangers fans.  Same old deflection and whatabootery tactics used for years by those of a Celtic persuasion.  'Rangers the victims!?  Unverified death threats from their fans in response', will set the balance right again i guess.

Jane Hamilton, the impartial and courageous journalist, also has history of calling us "sevco" and referring to Rangers fans using the sectarian term "H***":

CjXTLVhUoAA4Q5t.jpg.242ae531cfbbb21262ec

"H*** army out in force today"

"Just what every H** wants from Santa"

"In a neutral pub in Glasgow.  Good idea since i'm a 'tic & i'm married to a H**."

It seems though that the Daily Record have since been bitten by both this slanderous story and the bigoted history of their employee who wrote it.  They added this to the footer of the article:

Daily_Rebel.jpg

Looks like they are on the ropes with the pathetic excuse that their journalist only uses bigoted language (publicly, on social media...) in reference to her own husband, so it's ok?  

And ofcourse, that pathetic excuse only manages to fob off 1 of 3 incriminating tweets.  Goodness knows how the husband excuse works for "H*** army". 

I wonder if they have any journalists referring to their wives as fenian bastards?  #MixedFamilyBanter

So if her husband was black it would be ok for her to call him a n***er? 

I can believe it and I can't but there's all this talk of Hibs not going into the cup early as they have their European commitments?? 

If this was Rangers the very least that would have happened is 

WE WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN EUROPE!!!

why is this not being discussed?

Is it that they can't possible take that away from poor Hibs who so bravely beat those big bad Rangers? FFS!

19 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

So if her husband was black it would be ok for her to call him a n***er? 

She also calls Hearts fans Min H*** she will run out husbands before she runs out of lies.

21 minutes ago, The_Blue_Flash said:

I can believe it and I can't but there's all this talk of Hibs not going into the cup early as they have their European commitments?? 

If this was Rangers the very least that would have happened is 

WE WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN EUROPE!!!

why is this not being discussed?

Is it that they can't possible take that away from poor Hibs who so bravely beat those big bad Rangers? FFS!

If it had been Rangers the likes of cosgrove, nuremberg etc etc every chance they got they would have been talking about us not getting into Europe but when it's hibs the silence is deafening. Now we all know that uefa take a very dim view of any fans on the pitch (in fact did we not get fined when 1 tim walked on the park during a European game at the Brox protesting about Israel and Palestine) so should the question not be asked can Scotland really be represented in Europe by a club who had a mass pitch invasion with menaces at the cup final?

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

She also calls Hearts fans Min H*** she will run out husbands before she runs out of lies.

But I thought they called Rangers fans H*** as banter, how can hearts be mini H*** then...maybe...:dry:

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

They must be getting a bit hot under the collar at the record over this ... even if you don't take it as a sectarian issue (which it certainly is) it shows their paper is nothing more than a comic 

5 minutes ago, Bhudda said:

Got a screen grab of that one?

I read it on FF yesterday look on there. Someone who knew her even mentioned her husband didn't support Rangers I don't know how true that was.

2 hours ago, piperpete said:

Im sincase someone objects to it.re there will be a 5 page spread even IF she hasnt, the old freedom for the press not being allowed to do their jobs properly IM sure they will bring up about bombs IN the post to tlb and how the big bad Rangers fans ont eat lettuce as ITs green and any other onslaught they can bring out.

Wtf is this all about? Got a migraine trying to read it.

With all the social media evidence about her sectarian behaviour she has put her editor (Foote?) in a bit of a position.

But boss..."I only call my husband a H**".  Proved to be a lie.

Honest boss, "Police sources gave me information" Proved to be a lie.

Just now, Sparkle said:

With all the social media evidence about her sectarian behaviour she has put her editor (Foote?) in a bit of a position.

But boss..."I only call my husband a H**".  Proved to be a lie.

Honest boss, "Police sources gave me information" Proved to be a lie.

I don't think anyone would mind as much if this was a Fanzine or filth publication but when it's from a mainstream newspaper it just wrong, and backed by the Editor.

3 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

Is tinis wife slag claiming death thgreenteats yet? 

Im sincase someone objects to it.re there will be a 5 page spread even IF she hasnt, the old freedom for the press not being allowed to do their jobs properly IM sure they will bring up about bombs IN the post to tlb and how the big bad Rangers fans ont eat lettuce as ITs green and any other onslaught they can bring out.

As soon as I Hit the letter I the fecking thing does IT, I Ts doing ma baws  IN never mind yours? I Have tried everything I Can to sort IT but as you can see I M not having much luck. IT also reposts things I Have posted weeks ago for no reason now and again

50 minutes ago, Smile said:

@Bhudda

CjYe4OJWEAUOQbO.jpg

The Daily Record's excuse with the Murray Foote editor's note, is now in tatters.

Fuck she is bang to rights.  Calling Hearts the 'Mini H***' is surely the final nail in her coffin where the sectarian language is concerned.  

Or maybe she is married to the entire Hearts fan base as well?

Upon further reading i've also seen some posts suggesting her husband isn't a Rangers fan, just a protestant; hence the H** reference.

Further instances of Jane the Bigot Hamilton using the word H** in the context not exclusive for her Husband like that laughable footnote claims:

CjYe4OIXEAADYGu.jpg

out of interest, anyone know what or who the hell the "spit the dug" signing is or all about??  Tweeted to a celtic blog account... she's absolutely rabid.

1 hour ago, Carnager said:

Bloody hell, even the Hag thinks this report is bullshit. That really tells you all you need to know about its credibility. 

Cjd8PTZXAAAo5f4.jpg

I think the fact the rest of the msm didn't pick this up from the lying rag totally discredited it. The smallest hint of truth, it would have been splashed all over the front pages.

7 minutes ago, Bhudda said:

Further instances of Jane the Bigot Hamilton using the word H** in the context not exclusive for her Husband like that laughable footnote claims:

CjYe4OIXEAADYGu.jpg

out of interest, anyone know what or who the hell the "spit the dug" signing is or all about??  Tweeted to a celtic blog account... she's absolutely rabid.

Diouf she is talking about