New strips in more detail

14 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Nothing worse than people slating Rangers fans for taking a stance against an organisation who are ripping Rangers off.

Love the home top but won't buy one until the club encourage us to buy one.

No it's not. I am encouraging people to do what they like and not listen to outside influences if they like something. There's a difference.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No it's not. I am encouraging people to do what they like and not listen to outside influences if they like something. There's a difference.

Fair enough, would you regard the Rangers board to be an outside influence?

Desperate situation when there's in arguing about whether we should be buying our own strips or not. Lets just hope the fat bastard gets as far away as possible from our club as soon as possible.

Home top looks to be a belter. I'll reserve judgement on the other two until I have actually seen them for real.

2 hours ago, Cameltoe said:

Ashley doesent give a fuck if you buy it or not. He just wants to screw the board. I buy what I want and so should everyone. Home and third are great.

Ashley doesn't need the cash but that doesn't mean he doesn't give a fuck if we buy or not.

For me, he would view our fans buying from his stores as a victory over the Rangers board but as you say you buy what you want.

Tried my best to stay away from this subject of buying or not buying the strips........when you have kids you will understand  that they are not in least bit interested in the scraps between Mr King & Ashley/SD, they just want the strips as soon as they see their pals or the players in them.

I know it probably makes no real difference but I have bought the strips in the past from sports shops other than Sports Direct....does that make any real difference? I assume Ashley makes his mark up from the retail deal however he will not make his mark up from buying from his store, am I correct? Maybe my logic is foolish, but I avoid they shitholes of stores anyway, nothing more than a jumble sales of tatty tripe.

1 hour ago, Travelrug said:

Tried my best to stay away from this subject of buying or not buying the strips........when you have kids you will understand  that they are not in least bit interested in the scraps between Mr King & Ashley/SD, they just want the strips as soon as they see their pals or the players in them.

I know it probably makes no real difference but I have bought the strips in the past from sports shops other than Sports Direct....does that make any real difference? I assume Ashley makes his mark up from the retail deal however he will not make his mark up from buying from his store, am I correct? Maybe my logic is foolish, but I avoid they shitholes of stores anyway, nothing more than a jumble sales of tatty tripe.

When the strips are available walk into the Rangers store with your kids and watch their faces as they print Halliday or Barton or Waghorn or whoever on the back and then you tell them they can wear them home. 

You are doing more than buying a strip you are trying to ensure they will follow on. 

Thats what counts, absolutely fuck all else. 

All 3 strips we have had in the past.   Own original  home top without CR Smith and the away one was in the Gazza era, the 3rd  top we brought out and only used a few times.

Yes all 3 strips are nice probably the best home one puma have released but until Ashley gives,us a fair deal then I will not be buying.  It's a pity as I really like the first 2 but I must put the club first and buying 2 long sleeve strips at about £110 the club only see about £10 and that is unacceptable.

Ashley has to understand we will not line his pockets unless the club gets a fair return since it is their fans not his 

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

All 3 strips we have had in the past.   Own original  home top without CR Smith and the away one was in the Gazza era, the 3rd  top we brought out and only used a few times.

Yes all 3 strips are nice probably the best home one puma have released but until Ashley gives,us a fair deal then I will not be buying.  It's a pity as I really like the first 2 but I must put the club first and buying 2 long sleeve strips at about £110 the club only see about £10 and that is unacceptable.

Ashley has to understand we will not line his pockets unless the club gets a fair return since it is their fans not his 

it's a shit deal for sure and i hope the club is trying to negotiate a better deal until the contract ends. if we can get the whole thing ripped up then even better. 

however, i'd much rather the club make £10 from every top than receive nothing at all and the only way that is gonna happen is if we the supporters actually buy the tops. i hate giving SD any money but even if the club stands to make something then i'll pay for it. also if nobody buys the tops then the club will eventually need to buy the remaining stock. i don't know what they'd need to pay but i guess SD would be making a profit either way so i'd guess it's a significant price per top. 

i'm not supporting ashley or SD in anyway. the sooner they are away from our club the better. it's not them that's gonna get the shitty end of the stick...it's our club. i can understand why people refuse to buy the tops but it's really not helping us at all. so for that reason i will keep buying my tops. 

3 minutes ago, one55 said:

it's a shit deal for sure and i hope the club is trying to negotiate a better deal until the contract ends. if we can get the whole thing ripped up then even better. 

however, i'd much rather the club make £10 from every top than receive nothing at all and the only way that is gonna happen is if we the supporters actually buy the tops. i hate giving SD any money but even if the club stands to make something then i'll pay for it. also if nobody buys the tops then the club will eventually need to buy the remaining stock. i don't know what they'd need to pay but i guess SD would be making a profit either way so i'd guess it's a significant price per top. 

i'm not supporting ashley or SD in anyway. the sooner they are away from our club the better. it's not them that's gonna get the shitty end of the stick...it's our club. i can understand why people refuse to buy the tops but it's really not helping us at all. so for that reason i will keep buying my tops. 

That's your choice but you are only lining Ashley's pocket, buy a couple of tickets for a family member or something when the season starts that way the club see every penny.

Surely the happiness on your wains face when you have bought them the full kit with their favourite player on the back means more to you than your hatred for a fat nae user cockney bastard? 

Home strip is the best in years. I'd include the 3rd division strip in that aswell and that took a bit of beating.

hope to fuck this merchandise carry on is sorted before the season kicks off.   Not been too keen on football tops but the blue one is fucking marvellous 

Wasn't the kit deal with Puma through SD? I'm pretty sure it was so surely that means that unless Rangers resigned with Puma seperately, that they'd be free to immediately sign a new kit deal. That would surely mean we could be wearing a kit from Adidas, Nike or Umbro instead of these kits next season surely?

3 minutes ago, weeto said:

Wasn't the kit deal with Puma through SD? I'm pretty sure it was so surely that means that unless Rangers resigned with Puma seperately, that they'd be free to immediately sign a new kit deal. That would surely mean we could be wearing a kit from Adidas, Nike or Umbro instead of these kits next season surely?

Footballers should play naked anyway, wearing strips is for poofs

Only real men play naked

18 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

When the strips are available walk into the Rangers store with your kids and watch their faces as they print Halliday or Barton or Waghorn or whoever on the back and then you tell them they can wear them home. 

You are doing more than buying a strip you are trying to ensure they will follow on. 

Thats what counts, absolutely fuck all else. 

Totally agree, my wee mans first season as a ST holder was the year in the bottom division. It was easy to get two seats together then (in fact he got the seat next to mine which was a result), not so sure that is the case now. It was hard to keep him interested through some of the last few seasons but the wife was telling me he had the party tunes blaring whilst he was getting ready for school the other day and at the weekend he always wants to get the full strip on. Healthy crowds, decent atmospheres and entertaining football this year have won him over. Kids nowadays seem to follow the fashion of Barcelona, Man Utd or Chelsea etc but for him it is only Rangers. Was worth the effort.

I hope the club keep the kids tickets sensibly priced because as you say it is important that we ensure they follow on. 

I completely understand folk not wanting to buy the strips. I think though an exception should be made for kids. What goes on in the boardroom isn't important to a 6 year old. Wearing your team's strip while playing football down the park is.

i know some people collect the tops but the easy solution is waiting til the end of the season and buying in the sale so Ashley doesn't make a profit.

i don't agree with the "alternative" Rangers tops. The claim the money goes to the club doesn't stack up give it is in fact used to buy shares. There is a big difference there.

So for me wear an old top to games or failing that blue, white or red clothing isn't hard to come by

On 26 May 2016 at 1:22 PM, bombaybadboy08 said:

I like all of them.

When I look at the first one all I can see is Souness with CR Smith written on the front.

I have an orginal in perfect condition the season before Souness and before CR Smith sponsored us , and I just bought a 1979 Umbro top with the red/ white and blue collar.

I do like the home top it's the best one puma have produced  as I have not been a fan of our home tops under puma