Stewart Robertson Interview

BTW, the headline in the rhebel is pathetic and as bad a piece of PR as you would find.

The onslaught and brevity of the lies, spin, innuendo and deflection coming from the mhedia and plod is horrendous thus far, with even our government staying stoom, but no doubt in the background managing the mhedia and the plod strikes against us in the background. It is politically expedient as they say, to make sure we are well and truly humped for this, as indeed is the political climate is in this backwater. .

The pitch invasion is one thing, but the actual item of the most serious importance is that of the assaults on the players and management, end of. The focus should be kept on that and pushed in the public domain at every opportunity, as no one can deny nor condone that.

Second to that is the matter of the invasion itself, where plod have proven incompetent in preventing it.

Lastly and what the club should NOT be mentioning at this juncture, is the matter of a minority of our fans spilling on to the pitch as it is of little consequence in the scheme of things.

That is a statement of a naïve nice guy who thinks that this is the right thing to say and due to the conciliatory boo hoo hoo nature of it, it gives the impression to our haters that we are weak. It is one of appeasement, implicates our fans when it was unnecessary to do so and  then tries to justify their actions, whilst missing the main point in not mentioning the worst act of violence, namely those perp'd against our players and management. Well if that's the best Stewart can do in defence of the club, then sad to say there will be a lot more shite coming our way! Sorry, but he ain't no Sun Tzu, lacking in strategic thinking and better he had kept silent. We are in a war, so just hand over our own soldiers to the enemy when there was no need to do so. I rest my case.

3 hours ago, Bris Koyd said:

He's now backtracking from defending the fans who protected the players and staff, saying he'll ban anyone who went onto the pitch.

We need to be consistent and not back down. Bears were NOT to blame for the events on Saturday and blaming fans who defended the players, staff and fans is not going to stop them from victimising us.

If he does this then he can go fuck himself !:sherlock:

2 hours ago, Bris Koyd said:

Fair enough but "not condoning" fans who came onto the pitch is backtracking from the statement on Sunday and not what we need.

Tbh his statement didn't full me with confidence saying their will be appropriate action taken against Rangers fans after investigation & we don't condone violence. I understand we can't come out & say violence solves problems & it's fine but what the hell were we going to do after hordes of scum running at us,sort it but out by talking or just sit in the stand doing nothing. 

Firstly - its useful to have an update from the Club.  Seemed to me it missed some points and didn't raise others.  For example:

The point about need to find ways to avoid assaults at place of work happening again is a very suitable point to make.  Might have kept the pressure up by demanding solutions and action from the SFA before the start of next season rather than a more watery 'like' to have,  But I know what he means and I'm sure the severity of the disgraceful Hibs fans' behaviour on Saturday will provide plenty of reason for the Board to keep the pressure on the SFA and Police.  

When asked if Hibs or the SFA had contacted Rangers to enquire about the welfare of the players and staff who were attacked I only heard him describe the calls he'd had from Regan to offer an apology............but unless I missed it he did not respond to the same question in relation to Hibs.   Oversight or have Hibs as a club and Hibs players still made no effort to enquire after the wellbeing of the Rangers players and staff attacked by the horde of disgraceful Hibs fans?

Unless his references to looking to be treated the same way as all other Clubs was meant to infer media reporting it was definitely a case of holding dry whatever powder the Board is planning to use to tackle media reporting which the Board thinks is not balanced.    As he observed we've been experiencing this for years now. 

The question for me is - was a line crossed by a sufficient distance and with enough aggression on Saturday and in the resulting media responses to move the Board to taking a much more robust line with media reporting that is patently not balanced?   The questioner didn't follow it up and Stewart R didn't offer any more insight.   On previous form from certain members of the media it won't be long before they say something less than balanced and its either 'ignore it' from the Board or robust 'gloves off' responses are published.

7 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Just watched this for the first time and find it an absolutely deplorable response.  While the initial statement from the club was MAGNIFICENT, this interviewappeared ill-prepared and iwas, as my mother used to say, "weak as dishwater".  

This imho was a poor repose from the man representing our club in a week when the club and its fans have been battered physically AND verbally.  The media have shifted the focus from the thousands of Hibs thugs to blaming a few hundred Rangers fans who responded to their provocation.

I lost count, my blood was starting to boil, at the number of ocassions Robertson used the word 'like'.  We would like to think the. SFA, he should be demanding SFA and Police Scotland action and giving them little or no squirm room.

Hibs need to be punished and Robertson should be demanding that punishment rather than cozying up to the authoriies.  

When representing the club he has to choose his words carefully, he does not have to roll over, very poor Mr. Robertson.  

I really thought after the first statement from the club that finally it was "gloves off", but that appears to have been short lived, this interview is just us going back to being mr nice guys again, the club should be on the front foot right now demanding satisfaction not hoping for a proper outcome.

2 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

How the like of bbc brigadoon and others portray it and turn it around on you if you are too nice !:sherlock:

image.png

Exactly.  Typical msm shit stirrers.

"We will deal with any Rangers fans in the appropriate manner" was the direct quote

Could as easily mean get them out on the pitch at Ibrox to take our applause . 

Or would we get hammered for that as a pitch invasion?

Give these press scum an inch and they will shaft us the length of Edmiston Drive.

8 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

How the like of bbc brigadoon and others portray it and turn it around on you if you are too nice !:sherlock:

image.png

6 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Exactly.  Typical msm shit stirrers.

"We will deal with any Rangers fans in the appropriate manner" was the direct quote

Could as easily mean get them out on the pitch at Ibrox to take our applause . 

Or would we get hammered for that as a pitch invasion?

Give these press scum an inch and they will shaft us the length of Edmiston Drive.

This is what bothered me about such a weak-ass statement.

If you give the media sound-bites that fit their agenda, they will use them. That nobody at Rangers seems to have foreseen this outcome shows there is still a lack of understanding at the club about what is going on or, at the very least, a lack of the skills required to tackle it.

Hmmm. 

SR on SKY there and asked about the action against our fans on park. The reporter talked of disorder and life bans. SR replied:

"We've taken away more STs than any other club in Scotland. That's what we'll do."

Maybe one for club 1872 to get clarification on and strongly oppose such a suggestion?