Stewart Robertson Interview

Aye good on him. He is spot on when he said we should be treated the same as everyone else when at the moment we aren't. 

No surprise there was basically no comment on Hibs asking for the wellbeing of the staff and players. Classless fucks

This club1872 has to work. Am personally sick of the infighting within the support when the real fight should be taken to police Scotland, the media, the government and everyone who tries to paint it to be the big bad Rangers fault again. 

He's now backtracking from defending the fans who protected the players and staff, saying he'll ban anyone who went onto the pitch.

We need to be consistent and not back down. Bears were NOT to blame for the events on Saturday and blaming fans who defended the players, staff and fans is not going to stop them from victimising us.

1 minute ago, Bris Koyd said:

He's now backtracking from defending the fans who protected the players and staff, saying he'll ban anyone who went onto the pitch.

We need to be consistent and not back down. Bears were NOT to blame for the events on Saturday and blaming fans who defended the players, staff and fans is not going to stop them from victimising us.

where does he say that ?

For all the nasty stuff in the last few days from other teams, there is an example of how to give a measured, dignified statement.

I like that he immediately congratulated Hibs too which is Rangers class, before setting out a between the lines message of we will not be messed around. 

He doesn't say ban at all.

"We don't condone violence and we will wait to see what comes out of the investigations. We will deal with any Rangers fans in the appropriate manner. "But we have to remember is was the Hibs fans who came over the wall. It was the Hibs' fans who ran over the half-way line towards the Rangers fans. They provoked, they goaded, they taunted. "In no shape or form do we condone any fan who came onto the pitch. "But I don't think we can get away from the fact that it was Hibs fans who came onto the park and provoked them."

The jouno says "ban" in the headline and then in the lead up - but the word never ever comes from our guys mouth in the article.

No the Rhebel has exaggerated what he said (again), he said he will take appropriate action against any Rangers fan who came onto the pitch and under the circumstances (as he was actually still defending our fans because of the situation) this does not necessary mean any of our fans would be banned.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

He doesn't say ban at all.

"We don't condone violence and we will wait to see what comes out of the investigations. We will deal with any Rangers fans in the appropriate manner. "But we have to remember is was the Hibs fans who came over the wall. It was the Hibs' fans who ran over the half-way line towards the Rangers fans. They provoked, they goaded, they taunted. "In no shape or form do we condone any fan who came onto the pitch. "But I don't think we can get away from the fact that it was Hibs fans who came onto the park and provoked them."

The jouno says "ban" in the headline and then in the lead up - but the word never ever comes from our guys mouth in the article.

Fair enough but "not condoning" fans who came onto the pitch is backtracking from the statement on Sunday and not what we need.

Fair enough but "not condoning" fans who came onto the pitch is backtracking from the statement on Sunday and not what we need.

I think your reading too much into it. I dont see a great difference  - maybe in the tone of both pieces there is as the first statement the club released is very angry - but the general points being made are identical.

2 minutes ago, Bris Koyd said:

Need to disagree with you as on the original statement by the club they didn't support or condone the fans, they've stated as has been stated earlier that our fans reacted due to provocation.

You need to be sensible in these matters, in no way can the club be seen to be condoning our fans who came onto the pitch as that would be turned against us, his interview is measured and clearly places the blame at the hands of the HIbs supporters whilst acknowledging that the club has to be seen to be taking action (probably through clenched teeth).

We needed a stronger statement, i feel he should have also mentioned the punishment handed to Hibs for their actions. It seems no one even Rangers can mention this was all Hibs fault.

He should have also mentioned Rangers Fans safety as well.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We needed a stronger statement, i feel he should have also mentioned the punishment handed to Hibs for their actions. It seems no one even Rangers can mention this was all Hibs fault.

He should have also mentioned Rangers Fans safety as well.

Err he did,

“We would like to think the punishments that are meted out are wholly appropriate for the horrendous scenes that we all saw, and that they are very robust.”

2 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Err he did,

“We would like to think the punishments that are meted out are wholly appropriate for the horrendous scenes that we all saw, and that they are very robust.”

He should have said by the Hibs supporters, he should have also mentioned Petrie and his role at the Sfa. its like we can't really mention who actually caused all this the media are the same.

I just don't think its hard hitting enough, Plus i also think it should have been done by our Chairman.

Just now, Smile said:

He should have said by the Hibs supporters, he should have also mentioned Petrie and his role at the Sfa. its like we can't really mention who actually caused all this the media are the same.

I think if you actually read or listen to the full article it is quite clear who he is talking about, "It was Hibs fans who came over the wall, it was HIbs fans who attacked our players and staff, it was Hibs fans who goaded our support"  Obviously not a proper quotation but near enough to what he actually said, not sure how much clearer he could have made it.

3 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

I think if you actually read or listen to the full article it is quite clear who he is talking about, "It was Hibs fans who came over the wall, it was HIbs fans who attacked our players and staff, it was Hibs fans who goaded our support"  Obviously not a proper quotation but near enough to what he actually said, not sure how much clearer he could have made it.

I was at the game i don't need to read statements or watch videos, I don't also need to be told who attacked who and what happened on the internet

.This video interview in my opinions not strong enough. its not a crap interview but to me it's just a bit weak, in the areas i posted above.

Just now, Smile said:

I was at the game i don't need to read statements or watch videos, I don't also need to be told who attacked who and what happened on the internet

.This video interview in my opinions not strong enough.

You've just contradicted yourself, first you say it should have been a stronger statement and that it should have mentioned that it was by Hibs fans etc and now you've just came out with what I've quoted?

You can't have it both ways and lets be honest here if don't get updates and statements where possible from the club the responses from our own fans would be even worse as every so often the situation that happened needs to be highlighted again until full justice is served to the HIbs fans and club.

40 minutes ago, Bris Koyd said:

No quoting from the Record which clearly has an bias against us. This isn't the first time they've misquoted or put words in the mouth of our players/staff.

They took Rob Kiernan out of context, the put words in Martyn Waghorns mouth, and now an idea of a ban to get the reader into the mindset that what Mr robertson is talking about is banning people. 

4 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

You've just contradicted yourself, first you say it should have been a stronger statement and that it should have mentioned that it was by Hibs fans etc and now you've just came out with what I've quoted?

You can't have it both ways and lets be honest here if don't get updates and statements where possible from the club the responses from our own fans would be even worse as every so often the situation that happened needs to be highlighted again until full justice is served to the HIbs fans and club.

It doesn't say enough for me you seem happy with it i can accept that. Why cant you accept that i find it a bit weak.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

It doesn't say enough for me you seem happy with it i can accept that. Why cant you accept that i find it a bit weak.

I was actually commenting on your contradictions between your posts I'm also not sure how you can find it weak he commented quite clearly on a few occasions that it was Hibs fans who started and caused the trouble he can't exactly say it any stronger than that, he also basically said the book should be thrown at them.

I would really like to know how his comments are weak as he has clearly stated where the blame should lie and that the punishments should fit the crime.

6 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

I was actually commenting on your contradictions between your posts I'm also not sure how you can find it weak he commented quite clearly on a few occasions that it was Hibs fans who started and caused the trouble he can't exactly say it any stronger than that, he also basically said the book should be thrown at them.

I would really like to know how his comments are weak as he has clearly stated where the blame should lie and that the punishments should fit the crime.

Oh so you want to win on the internet, Why did i not spot that earlier. you should have just said you needed that.

Just watched this for the first time and find it an absolutely deplorable response.  While the initial statement from the club was MAGNIFICENT, this interviewappeared ill-prepared and iwas, as my mother used to say, "weak as dishwater".  

This imho was a poor repose from the man representing our club in a week when the club and its fans have been battered physically AND verbally.  The media have shifted the focus from the thousands of Hibs thugs to blaming a few hundred Rangers fans who responded to their provocation.

I lost count, my blood was starting to boil, at the number of ocassions Robertson used the word 'like'.  We would like to think the. SFA, he should be demanding SFA and Police Scotland action and giving them little or no squirm room.

Hibs need to be punished and Robertson should be demanding that punishment rather than cozying up to the authoriies.  

When representing the club he has to choose his words carefully, he does not have to roll over, very poor Mr. Robertson.