League cup: Rangers Group F

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

So do we play all teams, the one time? What decides if it's a home or away tie if so?

I believe it's one game v each - dates to be announced Monday, apparently.

1 minute ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

Absolute weird, mate. Suppose, it's something different.

Indeed - especially with the home/away bit being decided behind closed doors.

Unlikely, I think, but just suppose we got paired with the Tims tonight, then found out on Monday that it would be at the Brendanbeau.

No chance of that being rigged, is there......

Just now, HG5 said:

Indeed - especially with the home/away bit being decided behind closed doors.

Unlikely, I think, but just suppose we got paired with the Tims tonight, then found out on Monday that it would be at the Brendanbeau.

No chance of that being rigged, is there......

I knew this was on the agenda, i never expeted it to happen this season, i mus have been living under a rock.

So is it the top two teams in each group who goes through?

2 minutes ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

I knew this was on the agenda, i never expeted it to happen this season, i mus have been living under a rock.

So is it the top two teams in each group who goes through?

Haha!

8 group winners & 4 best runners up get joined by the 4 Euro entrants to make a last 16 which is straight knockout, as we've had til now.

Draws in the section phase will be followed by a penalty shoot out (no ET), winner of which gets an extra point!

1 minute ago, bomber said:

how can this draw go ahead when we don`t know the outcome of the investigation into the hibs fiasco,or have they already decided that a ban from Europe is not on the agenda!!!

They were never getting banned, c'mon.

I heard from somewhere it's a 100k fine they are getting but from a dubious source. Slap on the wrists, if true.

9 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Haha!

8 group winners & 4 best runners up get joined by the 4 Euro entrants to make a last 16 which is straight knockout, as we've had til now.

Draws in the section phase will be followed by a penalty shoot out (no ET), winner of which gets an extra point!

Thanks, mate. I get it all now.

So

League cup: 4 games between 16th July and 31st. PLUS

Europa League: 2 games for the 2nd qualifing round (QR) on 14 July and 21 July 2016. Then a third game for the 1st leg of the 3rd QR on the 28th July

OR

Champions League: 2nd QR, first leg 12 or 13 July, 2nd QR, second leg 19 or 20 July then 3rd QR, first leg 26 or 27 July.

Am i missing a trick here or is the SFA trying to fuck up any Scottish teams chances of staying in European competition?

I know we dont care about any other teams but what (if we had won the cup) or next year?

31 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

So

League cup: 4 games between 16th July and 31st. PLUS

Europa League: 2 games for the 2nd qualifing round (QR) on 14 July and 21 July 2016. Then a third game for the 1st leg of the 3rd QR on the 28th July

OR

Champions League: 2nd QR, first leg 12 or 13 July, 2nd QR, second leg 19 or 20 July then 3rd QR, first leg 26 or 27 July.

Am i missing a trick here or is the SFA trying to fuck up any Scottish teams chances of staying in European competition?

I know we dont care about any other teams but what (if we had won the cup) or next year?

No teams in Europe are affected.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No teams in Europe are affected.

How so?

I'd consider an additional 4 games played when teams are trying to qualify for the group stages. Not to mention the 2 days travel required for the away leg taken from training time.

8 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

How so?

I'd consider an additional 4 games played when teams are trying to qualify for the group stages. Not to mention the 2 days travel required for the away leg taken from training time.

No teams in Europe enter this round, therefore aren't affected.

On 5/27/2016 at 7:40 PM, RFCRobertson said:

Also in our group is

Motherwell

Stranraer

East Sterlingshire

Annan athletic

First match will be 16/17 July and will be played until 30/31st july. 

Fixtures will be announced on Monday. 

Thoughts?

East Sterling  is that more money going to State Aid F.C.;?