Still hurting

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'm hoping that in the long run it might turn out to have some benefits. Just like not being promoted last year has given us breathing space to build, I hope this will give us a clear, undistracted run at the league. Having to deal with the league and Europe might have been a bit early for us next season. Makes our rise a bit more incremental, focussed and achievable?

Obviously I wouldn't have chosen this way but sometimes it helps to look for possible positives from any disaster. Letting the imagination run a bit, if we do win the league next year, say after the filth have dropped points coming home from a Europa League tanking, the loss at Hampden might be a bit more bearable.

Scraping the bottom of the positives barrel, but I've got to admit the Euro bit may be a blessing in disguise.

We've been talking of Europe like it was the good old days - we're going to get a better level of player in & go deep in the competition!

If you look at how West Ham & Southampton got on with getting through to the group stages, what sort of realistic chance did we have?

Hivs'll be back before the schools!

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I noticed that as well btw! Probably cause I was absolutely wrecked but I was celebrating like we'd won the CL final. People beside me looked around as if it was my first ever Rangers game:lol: I was pretty shocked at the response in the stands when we scored. Anytime in games like that you normally turn round from celebrating and they've already kicked off. Not last week. Poor I thought

I can't put my finger on it mate but it was strange .A massive cup final but our crowd ,although noisy were subdued at the goal celebrations .And the way the players celebrated the second goal gave you impression it was job done 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I can't put my finger on it mate but it was strange .A massive cup final but our crowd ,although noisy were subdued at the goal celebrations .And the way the players celebrated the second goal gave you impression it was job done 

I'm surprised no-one has talked about Halliday's celebration. I like the guy a lot, I think hes good and loves Rangers but his celebration was a strange one. Done the calm down thing and cupped his ears to the fans and also finger to his lips. Strange I thought. 

9 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Was over it by Saturday night

I'm usually over defeats pretty quickly.  Trick is to ham it right up when you win and hakunamatata when you lose in this game.  When you watch between 4-7 OFs a year which we are back to as of now then you gotta have a good gloating game for the wins and thick skin for the defeats.  Otherwise you may end up like Phil Mac Ghonna Whatshisname.  Consumed by hatred and losing your family.

Not gonna lie though about Saturday.  Hurt like hell.  Was in a proper huff until i heard Killie chant "your staying down with the hibees" to Falkirk in the playoff final.  Had a good laugh at that one.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I'm surprised no-one has talked about Halliday's celebration. I like the guy a lot, I think hes good and loves Rangers but his celebration was a strange one. Done the calm down thing and cupped his ears to the fans and also finger to his lips. Strange I thought. 

Yeah I though so st the time too .To be fair to him though .He has done this since the night at Morton .A cup final though .I would have been going nuts with a goal like that 

1 minute ago, Bhudda said:

I'm usually over defeats pretty quickly.  Trick is to ham it right up when you when and hakunamatata when you lose in this game.  When you watch between 4-7 OFs a year which we are back to as of now then you gotta have a good gloating game fir the wins and thick skin for the defeats.  Otherwise you may end up like Phil Mac Ghonna Whatshisname.  Consumed by hatred and losing your family.

Not gonna lie though about Saturday.  Hurt like hell.  Was in a proper huff until i heard Killie chant "your stay down with the hibees" to Falkirk in the playoff final.  Had a good laugh at that one.

Exactly mate, you can't win em all, we are going to see countless trophies soon, ain't no big deal

Would have loved to have won it but equally for me, promotion is all that counts, win some you lose some

26 minutes ago, DuntocherLoyal said:

I understand totally where people are coming from but we need to learn and move on. It's about the new season and crushing all in our path. On the field we should concentrate on getting the points, off field we should batter fuck out of anyone who stands in our way. Time to show WATP in whatever it takes.

Up to our knees in fenian blood.

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yeah my good bluenose mate ..I was really uncomfortable with all this Hibbsing shite up towards the final .Yes they fucked up in playoffs but I genuinely sensed we were going way OTT .A totally recipe for disaster going by my experiences watching bears last 40 years 

It was fun at the time, but I got this growing sense it was building towards something that wasn't going to be good for us!

Even the (scant) consolation that they'd 'Hibsed it' while winning the thing, soon got turned into another stick to beat us with, even though we'd done nothing wrong!

Would have saved us a whole load of heartache in all sorts of directions, if we'd just gone & done what we do best!

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Your the man .I'm afraid it meant a lot more to me bud 

It did mean a lot to me too but I just blank it out, otherwise it consumes me. Was at the game when Jan 17letter name score a last minute winner in 2008. Was in Manchester when we lost, remember watching the 6-2 game. I believe it was Valentines Day when my heart was ripped to pieces and the onslaught began. 

I didn't mean to imply it meant fuck all, but I take a different approach nowadays and look ahead to the next win rather than over analyse the defeat, it just drives me fucking mental.

But I am the man though

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Exactly mate, you can't win em all, we are going to see countless trophies soon, ain't no big deal

Would have loved to have won it but equally for me, promotion is all that counts, win some you lose some

This might sound like a ridiculous thing to say but if at the start of this season you offered me the Scottish Cup win & promotion via play off, or the Challenge Cup + Championship champions, i'd take the challenge cup and championship.

The reason being on the face of it, a Scottish Cup is child's play to RFC.  It's 1/3rd of a successful season to the football club to have won more trebles than any other in the world.

The Championship title and the Challenge Cup however were the missing parts to a whole new record.  This season we became the only club.... i think (?)... to now have won every single honour available within the proffessional ranks.  All 4 tiers & all 3 domestic cups.  That's truelly one for the history books.

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I'd agree with that, especially if we'd been up against a top flight team.

Given we were up against an outfit we'd left in our slipstream, I'd like to have reinforced our status as the top of that particular pile, rather than giving kudos to a manager we'd widely derided.

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

It is s big deal ." We are going to win lots of trophies " that sounds like a child in the playground statement mate ..That kind of game only comes around every 10 years or so .Think we haven't won the Scottish for seven .Ok your over it but some of us older school guys appreciate the good times have a habit of not coming around for years .I stood on the terracing at the beggar game when we thumped the scum 3-1 and Miller scored 2 .I thought ,this is going to be a regular thing now .We were so dominant .We haven't beaten them there since .1980 last minute OF goal ..Brought the house down and it was glorious bedlam .Didn't win there again until 1989 .No for me we celebrate the great wins .We also have to appreciate the massive losses   

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yeah I though so st the time too .To be fair to him though .He has done this since the night at Morton .A cup final though .I would have been going nuts with a goal like that 

Was thinking about that earlier - given the occasion, the noise, the quality of his strike, etc, it's amazing he remembered his routine!

1 minute ago, Bhudda said:

This might sound like a ridiculous thing to say but if at the start of this season you offered me the Scottish Cup win & promotion via play off, or the Challenge Cup + Championship champions, i'd take the challenge cup and championship.

The reason being on the face of it, a Scottish Cup is child's play to RFC.  It's 1/3rd of a successful season to the football club to have won more trebles than any other in the world.

The Championship title and the Challenge Cup however were the missing parts to a whole new record.  This season we became the only club.... i think (?)... to now have won every single honour available within the proffessional ranks.  All 4 tiers & all 3 domestic cups.  That's truelly one for the history books.

Without a doubt! There is only one winner this year!

The junkies may say they would rather have the cup than promotion but let's hear them say that if they face another season in the play offs. Fail to come up and that's 4 years with no double old firm, less TV, continuing empty seats! 

Glass half full loyal!

2017/18 could possibly be the season when we are ready for the champions league and we can say "Bet your glad you won the Scottish cup, enjoy another year of Dunfermline, Dumbarton and Raith :lol: "

5 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Without a doubt! There is only one winner this year!

The junkies may say they would rather have the cup than promotion but let's hear them say that if they face another season in the play offs. Fail to come up and that's 4 years with no double old firm, less TV, continuing empty seats! 

Glass half full loyal!

2017/18 could possibly be the season when we are ready for the champions league and we can say "Bet your glad you won the Scottish cup, enjoy another year of Dunfermline, Dumbarton and Raith :lol: "

Well Stubbs is away to Rotherham, loanees are off and McGinn/Cummings can move to a higher level.  So thats potentially their manager and 4 best players away, not to mention no more Rangers pound and some whopping fines to pay.  I've a feeling we won't be seeing the hiv's anytime soon :clap:.

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It is s big deal ." We are going to win lots of trophies " that sounds like a child in the playground statement mate ..That kind of game only comes around every 10 years or so .Think we haven't won the Scottish for seven .Ok your over it but some of us older school guys appreciate the good times have a habit of not coming around for years .I stood on the terracing at the beggar game when we thumped the scum 3-1 and Miller scored 2 .I thought ,this is going to be a regular thing now .We were so dominant .We haven't beaten them there since .1980 last minute OF goal ..Brought the house down and it was glorious bedlam .Didn't win there again until 1989 .No for me we celebrate the great wins .We also have to appreciate the massive losses   

We are going to win loads of trophies though, it's not childish it's reality.

Our fan power and pulling power will ensure we quickly catch up with the scum and then nature takes its course. If the rest of Scottish footballs fans bothered to turn up to games and give their clubs some money they would maybe have a chance. Those days are gone.

The whole of Scottish football knows we are almost back to the top which is why there is a shit stained smell all over Scotland, and why the scum are spunking £2.4m a year on Rodgers.

The wee teams can have their 5 minutes, coz we are about to have another 100+ years

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

We are going to win loads of trophies though, it's not childish it's reality.

Our fan power and pulling power will ensure we quickly catch up with the scum and then nature takes its course. If the rest of Scottish footballs fans bothered to turn up to games and give their clubs some money they would maybe have a chance. Those days are gone.

The whole of Scottish football knows we are almost back to the top which is why there is a shit stained smell all over Scotland, and why the scum are spunking £2.4m a year on Rodgers.

The wee teams can have their 5 minutes, coz we are about to have another 100+ years

Let's have that cystal ball mate (tu)

3 minutes ago, Bhudda said:

Well Stubbs is away to Rotherham, loanees are off and McGinn/Cummings can move to a higher level.  So thats potentially their manager and 4 best players away, not to mention no more Rangers pound and some whopping fines to pay.  I've a feeling we won't be seeing the hiv's anytime soon :clap:.

They are fucked as it is, one more season down there and I believe they will cement there place as a championship club and struggle to get out.

Shit that they won it but it is probably the last thing they will do for a long long time, and for wee teams, that seems to be enough :drugang:

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Let's have that cystal ball mate (tu)

This isn't like the 80s mate, there are two horses in Scotland and the law of averages 

Rangers will be challenging for the title every year just as it was, surely you can see this?

19 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

It did mean a lot to me too but I just blank it out, otherwise it consumes me. Was at the game when Jan 17letter name score a last minute winner in 2008. Was in Manchester when we lost, remember watching the 6-2 game. I believe it was Valentines Day when my heart was ripped to pieces and the onslaught began. 

I didn't mean to imply it meant fuck all, but I take a different approach nowadays and look ahead to the next win rather than over analyse the defeat, it just drives me fucking mental.

But I am the man though

Less of the Jan 17 bit - that's my birthday!!!

:belm:

Just now, HG5 said:

Less of the Jan 17 bit - that's my birthday!!!

:belm:

:lol: not that date the name! Can't remember what is was, vinegar of peedolink or something similar 

That was a fucking sore one that night, had so many highs and lows that I vowed after demotion to Division 3, I was going to celebrate the wins and ignore the defeats :lol: 

works most of the time