Still hurting

We will have plenty more finals in future, the reason they make a fuss about it, is there not used to being in our position. Look at the positives, we will have more a lot more days like this to come, they don't, hence why their celebrating like Liechtenstein won the World Cup. Would you have even contemplated us beating that mob and getting to a Scottish cup final this time last year?  

The Gers are back And everybody knows it ??

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, A.T.G said:

:lol: not that date the name! Can't remember what is was, vinegar of peedolink or something similar 

That was a fucking sore one that night, had so many highs and lows that I vowed after demotion to Division 3, I was going to celebrate the wins and ignore the defeats :lol: 

works most of the time

:thumbup:

Just kidding, mate!

Very healthy attitude - wish I could adopt a bit more of that - I'm sure I'd be a lot better for it!

Would be easier to take if we didn't have the constant sub-plots in the background.....,

It stings, no doubt about it.  Personally more than any single game I recall.  It also frustrates, frustrating we learned nothing from the previous game versus Hibs, frustrating complacency was evident and frustrating so many had a bad day at the office.

Tell you what though that team from Warburton/Weir right throughout the squad should be remembered for the season.  From the very 1st competitive game when we smashed Hibs the tone was set and we had some cracking performances this year.  We seen a team that in periods played great football, were imo fitter than any Rangers team I have seen in years as a result of training properly and behaving like professionals.  More than any of that they are a group of guys that were proud to wear our shirt and in turn became a team we could be proud of.  Yup they came up short from time to time and it's clear many are lacking the ability required going forward however they behaved and applied themselves like Rangers players - the pain of watching imposters walk our corridors and pull on our shirt the years previous was at times as hard to take as what we suffered off the park.

They came up short in a day that meant so much to us, such a shame that was the final memory of this season however whilst I still feel that sting those lads who were practically flung together should always be remembered for much more than the SCF. 

(Does fucking nip right enough however Hibs got theirs by being kept down and the rest will get theirs soon enough)

WATP

Usually I'd just be a cunt and take the piss but aye. Im still hurting. Ended up in a couple of boozers tonight that I haven't been in since we beat dundee hivs in the final back in what? Mid to late 2000,s?

Everything aside,that was a hard defeat to take for me. We deserved to lose (because on the day we were shite)...buts what's worse is we deserved to win. After everything. The 'demotion'. The march upon Hampden. The 5 way agreement. I could go on but why bother? We've all been through it,we all know. That cup final should have been a statement ahead of time and we fucked it. We take stock. We rebuild. And I know you never start a sentence with and,but and next season we take back every fucking thing that belongs to us. Get behind us or go fuck yourself.

We are Rangers. We are one.

Could see it coming ,sadly. 

The amount of times we'd won the league early  and tossed off the last few games and expected to pick it up for the cup final should have been a warning. Greater Rangers teams than this haven't managed it and as much as I'd hope history wouldn't repeat itself , it did . 

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Still can't get over our loss last week .How pathetic we were .

I woke up at 5am thinking the exact same thing this morning. Still raging.

Trying to convince myself to be happy that we won the league and are back where we belong. The posts lately have all been pretty negative and doesn't help.

Will be more happy when new season kicks off and all this is just a bad memory. Hope HIVS get pumped rotten in Europe.

WATP

Of course it hurts but fuck making a thread like this so the tarriers and Hibee's can read in and rejoice in your pain. Keep it to yourself is my advice.

I'm more angry than hurting - Warburton and Weir should have known how shite that defence of ours is and stopped talking bull shit for weeks excusing the bad results in the build up and saying we are well prepared etc. To lose two goals like that at the end is unforgivable and if it were me I'd have told them two clowns at the back in defence they are squad players in future.

53 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Of course it hurts but fuck making a thread like this so the tarriers and Hibee's can read in and rejoice in your pain. Keep it to yourself is my advice.

I'm more angry than hurting - Warburton and Weir should have known how shite that defence of ours is and stopped talking bull shit for weeks excusing the bad results in the build up and saying we are well prepared etc. To lose two goals like that at the end is unforgivable and if it were me I'd have told them two clowns at the back in defence they are squad players in future.

Jesus  fuck .Behave yourself .Who the fuck gives a shite what the beggars or Hivs fans think .It's the bears thoughts I'm interested in .Mind theres always gonna be a few that pretend it never happened .The arrogant ones that were probably bumping their gums ,it was going to ba a cakewalk .Oops there's another few bottles opened down leith way now .Apologies .Geez piece 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Jesus  fuck .Behave yourself .Who the guck gives a shite what the beggars or Hivs fans think .It's the bears thoughts I'm interested in .Mind there always gonna be a few that pretend it never happened .The arrogant ones that were probably bumping their gums ,it was going to ba a cakewalk 

I'm interested in them getting their jollies off something, anything they read on here if I'm honest. Always have been. Give them nothing.

4 hours ago, gmcf said:

Could see it coming ,sadly. 

The amount of times we'd won the league early  and tossed off the last few games and expected to pick it up for the cup final should have been a warning. Greater Rangers teams than this haven't managed it and as much as I'd hope history wouldn't repeat itself , it did . 

Post as much a month back with calls of "it's going to be easy " 4-0 and scores like that .That kind of garbage always makes me uneasy ..

I remember one week from hell in August we got put out the 1st CL qualifier by AEK Athens (Walters Chick Young interview followed), beat 2-0 by the tims at Ibrox and Falkirk knocked us out the cup, must have been over 20 years ago but I remember being gutted for ages after that,

Another was a European game when we were going through and a last minute thunderbolt from them turned the game and we went out (Levski Sofia)?

Last week was the worse for ages though albeit more of a strange feeling considering what went on afterwards.

Yes it hurt and still does to a certain extent. But we were poor. On the park during the game Hibs deserved to win it, they were the better team, created way more chances, we were slow, lethargic, hadn't looked like we had ever played together, yes and at 2-1 I knew something bad was gonnae happen. But hey my Cup Final this season was beating Celtic in the semi, that's the game we will remember in 30-40 years. Hibs just had the privilege of taking the Cup home to Edinburgh for a year. My Rangers were the real winners.

Oh and although defeat will never be accepted at Rangers, we do however now have the ability to put such things into perspective considering the Hell we have all been to over the last 4 years. Having that ability is good for us as people, we have grown up and matured because of the pain of the last 4 years. And let's think about it, its been a truly wonderful wonderful season, one which I for sure will never ever forget.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

I remember one week from hell in August we got put out the 1st CL qualifier by AEK Athens (Walters Chick Young interview followed), beat 2-0 by the tims at Ibrox and Falkirk knocked us out the cup, must have been over 20 years ago but I remember being gutted for ages after that,

Another was a European game when we were going through and a last minute thunderbolt from them turned the game and we went out (Levski Sofia)?

Last week was the worse for ages though albeit more of a strange feeling considering what went on afterwards.

The first lot of games were in my first season as a ST holder - what a start!

At least things got better as the season went on.

Disappointing that this season started like a house on fire then, apart from standing tall against the beggars, ended on several weeks of low notes.

8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Still can't get over our loss last week .How pathetic we were .How predictable we were against  a side we struggled against few weeks previously .Got me thinking of previous big losses .All in the glorious Sunshine .1980 hurt like fuck .89 Likewise .94 v Utd .98 at Scumdome  .I actually think last weeks topped the lot .We blew it big time because we knew exactly what Hivs would throw at us .

We missed out on Europe and we gave the bastards that are Hivs the best day of their lives .That's what makes it so hard to take .

All the focus is on the Riot but I seriously hope ,the team and most certainly our defence is totally different from the team that played this match next season .

It reminds me of how I felt after Zenit. 

8 hours ago, The Beast said:

In my view MW has to take the blame here, we were rank rotten for weeks before the final playing the same tactics. As much as I hate Stubbs he'd sussed us out and knew exactly what tactics to play (the same as he'd done in the last league game against us) but we went in, playing the same way with no plan B.

I like MW a lot but he has to learn to adapt and overcome, it's fine for Barca or Real to say "we will play the same way and let the opposition adapt" but we dont have the players for that.

Mark Warburton needs to be more tactically flexible or next season could be painful.

This all day long! 

I just hope that this single mindedness to only plan A isn't his and our downfall!

If Stubbs and Houston at Falkirk can suss us out after half a season what chance do we have in the top league?

The gaffer is a smart man and must see this if he doesn't look for variations its down to sheer stubbornness and that's to the detriment of the club and nothing should come before the club.

I've never been through the days/weeks before a game, went to a game and sat through a game (even while leading 2-1) and still had this nagging feeling that we were going to lose! It was just so predictable!

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Yes it hurt and still does to a certain extent. But we were poor. On the park during the game Hibs deserved to win it, they were the better team, created way more chances, we were slow, lethargic, hadn't looked like we had ever played together, yes and at 2-1 I knew something bad was gonnae happen. But hey my Cup Final this season was beating Celtic in the semi, that's the game we will remember in 30-40 years. Hibs just had the privilege of taking the Cup home to Edinburgh for a year. My Rangers were the real winners.

Another point lost among all this - you mention Hivs deserved to win.

With one exception, everybody I've spoken to or seen on here has been ready to acknowledge that they deserved it.

Says a lot for our ability as a group to handle defeat with a considerable amount of graciousness & maturity.

Unfortunately the furore surrounding he aftermath means that has been lost entirely to the wider world - if you didn't know better, the coverage has been made to show us up as a bunch of bad losers.