Still hurting

Still can't get over our loss last week .How pathetic we were .How predictable we were against  a side we struggled against few weeks previously .Got me thinking of previous big losses .All in the glorious Sunshine .1980 hurt like fuck .89 Likewise .94 v Utd .98 at Scumdome  .I actually think last weeks topped the lot .We blew it big time because we knew exactly what Hivs would throw at us .

We missed out on Europe and we gave the bastards that are Hivs the best day of their lives .That's what makes it so hard to take .

All the focus is on the Riot but I seriously hope ,the team and most certainly our defence is totally different from the team that played this match next season .

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's football, we can blame individuals, Tav and Kiernon, we can blame the team, we can blame the poor run of form. Losing a Scottish Cup Final is always devastating as you can't atone until the next season.

Anyway onwards and upwards, hopefully Kiernon, Tav and MW learned something.

We've won 33 of them. They've won 2. We will win and lose more in the next 100 years than they ever will. 

The only thing that sticks in my throat was that it was against them. The other part is you could just see it coming. When it went 2-1 I thought this would be one of our smash and grab wins ( 1-0 against St Mirren) that kinda thing but I just knew we would falter. They wanted it more and would've preferred to win it against us than any other team. 

I trust the manager to sort it. I've been a big supporter of Kiernan but the defending for the first was laughable. 

I like Wilson and think he will be a big player next season. People forget the experience the guy has now. 3 title wins, a Scottish cup, old firm experience. That'll be vital next year. The CB position needs cover and one who will start. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

We've won 33 of them. They've won 2. We will win and lose more in the next 100 years than they ever will. 

The only thing that sticks in my throat was that it was against them. The other part is you could just see it coming. When it went 2-1 I thought this would be one of our smash and grab wins ( 1-0 against St Mirren) that kinda thing but I just knew we would falter. They wanted it more and would've preferred to win it against us than any other team. 

I trust the manager to sort it. I've been a big supporter of Kiernan but the defending for the first was laughable. 

I like Wilson and think he will be a big player next season. People forget the experience the guy has now. 3 title wins, a Scottish cup, old firm experience. That'll be vital next year. The CB position needs cover and one who will start. 

Yeah I think we all felt we were losing it in last 15 .Even at 2-1 up .I sensed we were losing a grip on the game .The poor subs were crucial 

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Still can't get over our loss last week .How pathetic we were .How predictable we were against  a side we struggled against few weeks previously .Got me thinking of previous big losses .All in the glorious Sunshine .1980 hurt like fuck .89 Likewise .94 v Utd .98 at Scumdome  .I actually think last weeks topped the lot .We blew it big time because we knew exactly what Hivs would throw at us .

We missed out on Europe and we gave the bastards that are Hivs the best day of their lives .That's what makes it so hard to take .

All the focus is on the Riot but I seriously hope ,the team and most certainly our defence is totally different from the team that played this match next season .

Agreed.  What happened to the team that turned up against the tic in the semi?   Had none of the passing, back to the old long ball game.  Aside from Miller, just dire.

I'm hoping that in the long run it might turn out to have some benefits. Just like not being promoted last year has given us breathing space to build, I hope this will give us a clear, undistracted run at the league. Having to deal with the league and Europe might have been a bit early for us next season. Makes our rise a bit more incremental, focussed and achievable?

Obviously I wouldn't have chosen this way but sometimes it helps to look for possible positives from any disaster. Letting the imagination run a bit, if we do win the league next year, say after the filth have dropped points coming home from a Europa League tanking, the loss at Hampden might be a bit more bearable.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Yeah I think we all felt we were losing it in last 15 .Even at 2-1 up .I sensed we were losing a grip on the game .The poor subs were crucial 

First time I have genuinely stood questioning MWs sub of Zelalem. He was the best player on the park by a mile that day. Sheils has been quite reliable from the bench but he showed his age and ability when he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game after every other player had played 70 minutes already.

That problem is down to quality. Our bench next season will be the strongest we've had since 2011

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I'm hoping that in the long run it might turn out to have some benefits. Just like not being promoted last year has given us breathing space to build, I hope this will give us a clear, undistracted run at the league. Having to deal with the league and Europe might have been a bit early for us next season. Makes our rise a bit more incremental, focussed and achievable?

Obviously I wouldn't have chosen this way but sometimes it helps to look for possible positives from any disaster. Letting the imagination run a bit, if we do win the league next year, say after the filth have dropped points coming home from a Europa League tanking, the loss at Hampden might be a bit more bearable.

That's all fair comment mate and it could be a good thing .All our focus will be on the league .Europe aside though .Still gutted we were so rank last week though 

In my view MW has to take the blame here, we were rank rotten for weeks before the final playing the same tactics. As much as I hate Stubbs he'd sussed us out and knew exactly what tactics to play (the same as he'd done in the last league game against us) but we went in, playing the same way with no plan B.

I like MW a lot but he has to learn to adapt and overcome, it's fine for Barca or Real to say "we will play the same way and let the opposition adapt" but we dont have the players for that.

Mark Warburton needs to be more tactically flexible or next season could be painful.

I understand totally where people are coming from but we need to learn and move on. It's about the new season and crushing all in our path. On the field we should concentrate on getting the points, off field we should batter fuck out of anyone who stands in our way. Time to show WATP in whatever it takes.

Up to our knees in fenian blood.

The sorest part was it meant the victory against the unhygienic means alot less.

Beating them meant more than winning the cup, because it was a 4 year build up of being booted from pillar to post.  That semi final was our announcement to the world that the big dogs in Scotland are back.

Unfortunately the final meant less to the players as well.  You could tell looking at how the celebrated they goals.  There was almost a kind of arrogance or "just business as usual" type vibe off the players and Warb after the Halliday goal, quite the contrast to the Barrie strike or the Rogic miss were it was total euphoria.

Went from quite possibly my favourite ever old firm win to throwing away the final in the very worst way possible.  2 late corners.  And to top it off it was the last game so now we stew on it all summer.

Really makes you think how sore it must have been for our rivals that fateful day Scott McDonald scored 2 late goals though.  

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

First time I have genuinely stood questioning MWs sub of Zelalem. He was the best player on the park by a mile that day. Sheils has been quite reliable from the bench but he showed his age and ability when he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game after every other player had played 70 minutes already.

That problem is down to quality. Our bench next season will be the strongest we've had since 2011

Totally agree Prso .It was a very significant moment .I disagree that I thought he was playing well .I thought he was the reason we had no pace and penetration .What can't be denied .He was keeping the ball and we were in good control second half although not threatening with him on the park .

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

In my view MW has to take the blame here, we were rank rotten for weeks before the final playing the same tactics. As much as I hate Stubbs he'd sussed us out and knew exactly what tactics to play (the same as he'd done in the last league game against us) but we went in, playing the same way with no plan B.

I like MW a lot but he has to learn to adapt and overcome, it's fine for Barca or Real to say "we will play the same way and let the opposition adapt" but we dont have the players for that.

Mark Warburton needs to be more tactically flexible or next season could be painful.

Absolutely spot on (tu)

The losing sometimes makes the winning all the sweeter, at this time last year i was at the playoffs which were more gutting when we lost.

Our team isn't strong yet but i expect it to be this season and i expect us  to win the league, if not this is when real questions will be asked.

13 minutes ago, The Alone Ranger said:

Agreed.  What happened to the team that turned up against the tic in the semi?   Had none of the passing, back to the old long ball game.  Aside from Miller, just dire.

Who the fuck are the tic?

5 minutes ago, Bhudda said:

The sorest part was it meant the victory against the unhygienic means alot less.

Beating them meant more than winning the cup, because it was a 4 year build up of being booted from pillar to post.  That semi final was our announcement to the world that the big dogs in Scotland are back.

Unfortunately the final meant less to the players as well.  You could tell looking at how the celebrated they goals.  There was almost a kind of arrogance or "just business as usual" type vibe off the players and Warb after the Halliday goal, quite the contrast to the Barrie strike or the Rogic miss were it was total euphoria.

Went from quite possibly my favourite ever old firm win to throwing away the final in the very worst way possible.  2 late corners.  And to top it off it was the last game so now we stew on it all summer.

Really makes you think how sore it must have been for our rivals that fateful day Scott McDonald scored 2 late goals though.  

You spotted that well mate .Bedlam when they scored against us in the stands .When we scored .Looked around .It was mixture of relief and just clapping the hands expectantly .We were so sure it was going to be our win .Major mistake 

13 minutes ago, Bhudda said:

I don't know where you have been mate but you are a superb addition to this site .You know your stuff and might even give Inigo  a run for his money as being one of the most sensible posters on here 

keep goin on about it and it will still hurt ffs get over it we were beat by the better team on the day!!  lets look forward to next year and the challenges ahead!!

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Completely agree.

There are things you just can't allow to happen & letting them break the hoodoo, at our expense, was one of them.

Maybe we'd all got too carried away with the 'Hibsed it' thing (hands up, I was one), maybe it was the break.

Whatever, while scoring a couple of crackers, fact is we've been off our usual game for weeks & it was particularly disappointing that we couldn't raise ourselves for a final.

Can't say I'm at all happy that Hivs have Made it 3-3 for the season (if you treat the Petrofac with the respect it deserves, they're ahead).

Management need to take a lot on board & make a lot of good decisions over the summer.

We got what we deserved.being a Rangers player doesn't give you the divine right to be successful and these players learned that the hard way.

now they need to learn and move on.shortly after the game I just had a look at where we came from and it really put things into perspective.

i had this discussion on twitter around the OF game but it's relevant here too. I don't hurt much at losing any game really for one reason. Another comes round soon enough.By the time the next OF games comes round the last one will be forgotten about. Same with cup finals. I'll be 30 soon and have seen Rangers win 9 Scottish Cups. It wont be long before I see another.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Completely agree.

There are things you just can't allow to happen & letting them break the hoodoo, at our expense, was one of them.

Maybe we'd all got too carried away with the 'Hibsed it' thing (hands up, I was one), maybe it was the break.

Whatever, while scoring a couple of crackers, fact is we've been off our usual game for weeks & it was particularly disappointing that we couldn't raise ourselves for a final.

Can't say I'm at all happy that Hivs have Made it 3-3 for the season (if you treat the Petrofac with the respect it deserves, they're ahead).

Management need to take a lot on board & make a lot of good decisions over the summer.

Yeah my good bluenose mate ..I was really uncomfortable with all this Hibbsing shite up towards the final .Yes they fucked up in playoffs but I genuinely sensed we were going way OTT .A totally recipe for disaster going by my experiences watching bears last 40 years 

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You spotted that well mate .Bedlam when they scored against us in the stands .When we scored .Looked around .It was mixture of relief and just clapping the hands expectantly .We were so sure it was going to be our win .Major mistake 

I noticed that as well btw! Probably cause I was absolutely wrecked but I was celebrating like we'd won the CL final. People beside me looked around as if it was my first ever Rangers game:lol: I was pretty shocked at the response in the stands when we scored. Anytime in games like that you normally turn round from celebrating and they've already kicked off. Not last week. Poor I thought

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I don't know where you have been mate but you are a superb addition to this site .You know your stuff and might even give Inigo  a run for his money as being one of the most sensible posters on here 

Couldny agree more :lol: