Still hurting

I think we will give out a few spankings but also have a few like the Hibs game. We need quality throughout the squad as I don't think the manager is going to change how he goes about things. The hurt has stopped and the expectation for next season has started to rise.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, The Beast said:

In my view MW has to take the blame here, we were rank rotten for weeks before the final playing the same tactics. As much as I hate Stubbs he'd sussed us out and knew exactly what tactics to play (the same as he'd done in the last league game against us) but we went in, playing the same way with no plan B.

I like MW a lot but he has to learn to adapt and overcome, it's fine for Barca or Real to say "we will play the same way and let the opposition adapt" but we dont have the players for that.

Mark Warburton needs to be more tactically flexible or next season could be painful.

I still do not know why they seemed more up for the game than we were, I would have thought the lads would have been wanting that 'special' treble, but for some reason it was not the case. 

I am a big fan of Mark, but thought the substitutions on the day were poor and the loss of Harry was a  blow to start with.

Roll on next season, I hope we hit the ground running. 

12 hours ago, Smile said:

The losing sometimes makes the winning all the sweeter, at this time last year i was at the playoffs which were more gutting when we lost.

Our team isn't strong yet but i expect it to be this season and i expect us  to win the league, if not this is when real questions will be asked.

To feel the pain in defeat makes it all the more glorious when we win (tu)

Just now, eejay the dj said:

To feel the pain in defeat makes it all the more glorious when we win (tu)

Ye' its shit when it happens and feels like the end of the world, but it does make the winning sweeter.

Still raging about losing to this mhob, it should have been the icing on the cake after 5 years of crap, the final nail in this showers coffin but no we blew it! Been there, seen it, drank it, shagged it, done it bought the tshirt ! It's up there with the big disappointments ! :sherlock:

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Ye' its shit when it happens and feels like the end of the world, but it does make the winning sweeter.

Spot on .That's why we and most definitely I love the game .

Usually I'm pretty good at getting back up .

It's going to be a long summer .

Like quite a few have said though .

It's going to be a pivotal season next year .If we were to win 55 in next few years it will be the best ever.

Much as it pains me to say this, we just didn't deserve to win that game.

Our defenders allowed ira man stokes too much room too often and he got the goals that mattered.

Zelalem may become a good player given time, but last week he was pretty weak and ineffectual. He's also too scared of taking a shot in my opinion.

Foderingham continues to confuse me. One week he'll be good, getting into position to stop shots and cross balls, the next it's like watching a car crash.

It hurts that we capitulated so easily to that shower of rhepublican wankers. 

15 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

We blew it big time because we knew exactly what Hivs would throw at us .

And they knew exactly what we would throw at them and that's the worrying thing & MW had Tav & Kiernon at previous clubs so why oh why does he not get others to help them out at the back, as they lack defensive abilities. We were told the players coming in would be good enough for the top tier, are these guys? 

15 hours ago, Big Al II said:

That's football, we can blame individuals, Tav and Kiernon, we can blame the team, we can blame the poor run of form. Losing a Scottish Cup Final is always devastating as you can't atone until the next season.

Anyway onwards and upwards, hopefully Kiernon, Tav and MW learned something.

Like I wrote in my previous comment, MW worked with these guys at other clubs so he knows their strengths and weakness, why not tell players next to them to cover for them, help them out in defensive areas. 

I was fine after going to work on Monday and "taking my medicine" from supporters of other clubs. All in good fun and part of being a football fan.

Promotion was an absolute must this year, and we achieved that with weeks to spare in the season after assembling the vast majority of the squad part way through one closed season.

I think we're under estimating what an achievement that was. Hibs have a large. settled squad and are capable of beating anyone as their cup performances have shown. Falkirk are no mugs either. We swept them both aside.

It's just a shame our end of season form didn't match that seen at the beginning of the season.

We need to add some quality and improve the squad so we can rotate players due to form/fitness and to be able to bring on subs who can make a real impact. At the risk of stating the obvious we also need to work on our defence at set pieces.

Lots to be proud of and hopeful about, but lots of room for improvement.

Just think about if in a few weeks you were looking at a fixture list which had Livingston & Dumbarton x 4:power_of_anguish:. That'll cheer you up!

2 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

Much as it pains me to say this, we just didn't deserve to win that game.

Our defenders allowed ira man stokes too much room too often and he got the goals that mattered.

Zelalem may become a good player given time, but last week he was pretty weak and ineffectual. He's also too scared of taking a shot in my opinion.

Foderingham continues to confuse me. One week he'll be good, getting into position to stop shots and cross balls, the next it's like watching a car crash.

It hurts that we capitulated so easily to that shower of rhepublican wankers. 

Zelalem was one of our two players who would get pass marks imo.

You've singled out two players, yet none of the worst.

1 hour ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

And they knew exactly what we would throw at them and that's the worrying thing & MW had Tav & Kiernon at previous clubs so why oh why does he not get others to help them out at the back, as they lack defensive abilities. We were told the players coming in would be good enough for the top tier, are these guys? 

In my opinion .They are not good enough to take us to a position of winning the top league 

We were no where near being Scottish Cup contenders this time last year, I wish we'd won it but come the start of next season I wont be thinking about it

I would be more hurting if my club won the Scottish Cup for the first time in 112 years or whatever, and the moment I had been waiting all my life for was ruined by fellow fans like last Sunday. No proper presentation, no real lap or two of honour etc. These are memories that can't be bought and Hibs fucked this up from themselves last week. They will unlikely ever get the chance again to put that right. Fuck them though.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I would be more hurting if my club won the Scottish Cup for the first time in 112 years or whatever, and the moment I had been waiting all my life for was ruined by fellow fans like last Sunday. No proper presentation, no real lap or two of honour etc. These are memories that can't be bought and Hibs fucked this up from themselves last week. They will unlikely ever get the chance again to put that right. Fuck them though.

Really? Yes poor Hibs, WTF!! 

The fact their disgrace of a support got to just go back into the stands and see them still presented with the trophy and then have the absolute cheek to have a huge victory parade the following day (they get 8k at a home game, WTF, did all those people come from?) 

Then to spent all week being almost congratulating for attacking players and wrecking the stadium by the police and media it's a f****** disgrace 

1 hour ago, The_Blue_Flash said:

Really? Yes poor Hibs, WTF!! 

The fact their disgrace of a support got to just go back into the stands and see them still presented with the trophy and then have the absolute cheek to have a huge victory parade the following day (they get 8k at a home game, WTF, did all those people come from?) 

Then to spent all week being almost congratulating for attacking players and wrecking the stadium by the police and media it's a f****** disgrace 

Dont get me wrong, I have no sympathy for these cunts, but was trying to relay a point that we will be back for many many finals in the future whereas those knobs have fucked up their day in the Hampden sun. Unlike Stjohnstone and ICT whose fans celebrated in the correct manner and will have nothing but good memories of their famous cup wins.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Dont get me wrong, I have no sympathy for these cunts, but was trying to relay a point that we will be back for many many finals in the future whereas those knobs have fucked up their day in the Hampden sun. Unlike Stjohnstone and ICT whose fans celebrated in the correct manner and will have nothing but good memories of their famous cup wins.

That's their fault and I don't give a flying **** they ruined it for everyone and we are getting the ****** blame!!!!

38 minutes ago, The_Blue_Flash said:

That's their fault and I don't give a flying **** they ruined it for everyone and we are getting the ****** blame!!!!

Welcome to Republican Scotland, that's the way it is I'm afraid, and the persecution will only get worse until we take to the streets in Protestation.