On the journey back(Memories)

The 4-0 at Easter Road was an absolute cunt, probably the worst performance I have ever seen from a Rangers team l, followed closely by the Alloa cup game

I'd say the best memory for me was when we went to Hibs in the Petrofac, nobody knew what to expect. We had been dire, slaughtered in some games and were rudderless for most of the season...then out of nowhere we absolutely fucking destroy them.

The championship took note that day and most of them knew who was going to be champions.

Old firm semi of course, was jumping around cuddling my family in the house with my wee guy, he didn't really know what was happening, he just knew his Da was very happy with 2 veins pumping oot his nut and he was getting picked up and squeezed like I hadn't seen him in 2 years :lol: 

Wasnt just a game of football that day, that was also a step up and take notice you cunts, for the beasts always get snared 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Looks like my local bowling green!

Theres probably been more exciting games at your bowling green than what we watched that day.  

It was about more than the game that day of course - looking back little did we know we were getting preview of the dross that was going to be served up for some time to come.  All part of the journey.

The AGM when we ditched the rats was the turning point and up their with anything we've done  in  the  last  four years , but for me the outstanding memories  were all involving our fans defiance and loyalty  . We've not got to look too far to find haters these days but only a fool could deny our fans are an unstoppable force. The trip to Manchester left me in awe of our amazing supporters and hammered home to me exactly how priveledged I am to be a bear, but our sell outs at Ibrox in division three left me feeling very emotional and proud. After the shit we've been through in the last four years I can cope with the mighty hibs second Scottish cup victory in 114 years no bother. Tell you what though, when we do reach 55 I'll not be invading the park to goad our opponents,I'll  not be giving a fu*k about them, it's all about the Rangers for me.

Lucky enough to pick up the 12th man award on behalf of the fans.  The hilarious Elgin fan.  Beating Hibs 6-2 and seeing Warburton's first game in charge is probably the best away game I've ever been to.  The Day Ally McCoist was removed as manager.  Some of Tavernier's goals have been a real joy.

I gave up my season ticket way back in 2005 due to complete boredom but after the events in 2012 I decided to get a season ticket once again to show support to the club in a time of need ( and greed on the con men in charge) , a number of friends and family also decided to get STs.

The first two years were pretty tough going, I went to every game and although we were winning the football on offer was just utter shite but we persevered and kept going even through the boycott from some fans.

Through all of the rotten games we developed a routine of going to the games where we park the cars and get the subway headed for the town for some food and beers for those who were not driving........every home game we do this and we all quickly loved going to the games despite what was on offer from the pitch, we were severely bitten again by the football bug.

Last season we reached a new level of excitement and I know there are many more on the horizon which makes my feeling for the club ever stronger, I can't see me ever giving up my ST now because on match day I feel like that 10 year old kid going to his first game and we all feel the same.

So in short my abiding memory is my love and loyalty to the club has grown even stronger if that was possible, this was all down to the events of the laSt 4 years.

WATP.

29 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

East fife are first game back at home, kick of got delayed and when team came out dont think iv seen so many grown men with tears in there eyes i couldnt even sing with the lump in my throat

Me too, had a tear in my eye 

One that sticks out for me was away to brechin, it was pishing down and we were 2 down inside 5mins then 3-1 down, the scenes when Nicky Clark headed the winner were mental, I did have to pinch myself that I was leaping about nuts after beating brechin.

Started following Rangers fans galore on twitter to try and keep up with events after administration. 

Unbeknown to me one of those I followed would be the Woman I'm going to Marry this year. I remember the first match we attended together at Ibrox and feeling the emotions of Rangers running out to a full house after all that had happened and we were starting our own personal journey. 

We were there against Dumbarton when we claimed the Championship and our return and you could see what it meant to everyone.

We were there when Ibrox fell silent for Sandy Jardine.

We were there because we are Rangers and because no Craig Whyte, no spl, no hmrc, no court and certainly no other team was ever going to take this away from us.

WATP. 

That Tav free kick at Ibrox to beat Hibs 1-0 was unreal from the Copland front!

The goal from Nicky Clark in the dying seconds of the game (in the pissing rain) to beat Killie away from home back in February was nice as fuck too!

And, of course, the Mckay screamer in the semi then the nerve ruining penalties at the end!!

Been one fucker of a season and I am hyped for the next one!

Although some of the football in the first season in the lower leagues are now gladly forgotten, the bus trips to the likes of Peterhead and Elgin etc will be lifelong memories, and as has been mentioned earlier in the thread, going to places and drinking in pubs where the people there welcomed you without the pure hatred and animosity.