7 Days Which Shook Our World. Part 1

“Whoever conceals hatred with lying lips, and spreads slander, is a fool”  

(Proverbs 10:18)

What a week this has been of self-discovery, where in the period of just 7 days I was able to diagnose what my doctor had been missing for years – that I am suffering from a mild form of paranoia. That’s how long it took an army of opinion leaders, journalists and headline writers, a representative of the Scottish Police Federation and 2 or 3 bobbies as yet (and conveniently, ho hum, never to be) identified, to turn the most shameful scenes witnessed in Scottish football these last 30 years or so, into a story about Rangers fans and their singing. My mild a paranoia stems from the fact I had expected them to achieve this in just 5.

Many have had their say since last Saturday, including many who were not even there, so if you don’t mind I’d like to offer a short reprise on what transpired. I was standing just to the right and behind the goals in what was the traditional “Rangers end” and for those who saw them there, I was just a few feet to the left of Jorg Albertz and Nacho Novo. Within 60 seconds of the final whistle there was a young Hibs fan no older than 25 standing in the 6 yard box inviting me and other Rangers fans to enter the field of play and fight. There was a complete absence of thought or mannerism commensurate with someone who wanted to celebrate (exuberantly or otherwise) his sole intent clearly a penchant for violence.  He was quickly joined by others who had run past and well beyond the majority of Hibs supporters celebrating in their own half of the pitch and they in turn attempted to incite and goad the Rangers support into violence.

At this point it was also clear something was happening with our players, though from my very low vantage point it was impossible for me to determine exactly what that was. When I saw the match officials forming a protective cordon around Andy Halliday I feared the worst. I was absolutely perplexed by the total absence of Police numbers and their total inability to prevent what was unfolding before my eyes. I was unsure how our support would respond to this and noticed a small number to the left of me had already decided for themselves and were entering the field.

It was at this point that the Billy Boys received its first airing of the day. I have written often enough about this song in the past, my last offering being only a few weeks ago for WATP Magazine, so those who regularly read this blog will be more than familiar with my thoughts on the matter. Furthermore I’m not going to suggest that this song acted as a kind of anti-inflammatory for some in what was a highly volatile situation because I really don’t know. What I do know however is that those who have chosen to twist and distort Stewart Robertson’s comments on this song have no idea how close we were to an unprecedented full scale battle last Saturday, capable of turning all the “moral over reaction” in the world into something akin to a war zone report. Be under no illusion it really was touch and go for a few minutes.

After what seemed like an eternity the mounted Police arrived like a regiment of 7th Cavalry and managed to restore some form of semblance. I headed up the stairs to a pre-arranged rendezvous point with other members of our bus and after a couple of minutes with the detail complete we made our way out of Hampden stopping briefly for a call of nature before exiting the stadium for the long bus trip home.

On leaving the ground we saw the arrival of the convoy of Police vans. Bemused by their late arrival I checked my watch and noted it was a full 15 minutes after the final whistle. The only “barricades” they encountered took the form of a cacophony of sarcastic cheers and angry Rangers fans wishing to make official complaints at the abject Police failings. With a gruff “You’ll need to do in writing” they were off - resulting in a delay time of something approaching 2.8 seconds.

To quote the unofficial, unsubstantiated, (with the exception of Scottish Police Federation representative Calum Steele) as yet unidentified Police source “they were pointing at their watches and shouting you’re too late”

No bloody wonder.

You are far to generous to the cretins in the press, i was fully expecting to read in the Scottish Sunday papers, that we the Rangers support had caused the riot. That we had invaded the pitch first and goaded the Hivs fans on the park.

My only surprise was that it took them so long to spin the story, when they finally did get round to spinning it to all  our fault again. However their delay in blaming us will be their downfall, because now even the agenda sceptical and paranoia free neutral. Can see the story in the Rhecord was embellished way beyond their normal fabrications.

To quote another great author of fantastic tales, Roald Dahl

"'Never do anything by halves, if you want to get away with it. be outrageous, go the whole hog.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Justice delayed is justice denied, William E. Gladstone

I predict ours will be denied.

There are many falling into that camp - but this time it is far to public for hibs to get away with it! But many are so disillusioned that there sense has gone out the window - hence all these disbelief posts 

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: your impatience to see justice does reek of the paranoia you try to distance yourself from. Hibs may run but they can't hide !

Your patience on this issue and belief that justice will prevail is commendable.  Let us hope it is not misplaced.  

If the authorities do not come down hard on the culprits of last Saturday they are in grave danger of setting a precedent.  Suggest they get their act together quickly on this, before the start on next season at latest.  The situation needs to be defused.

26 minutes ago, jimgers said:

You are far to generous to the cretins in the press, i was fully expecting to read in the Scottish Sunday papers, that we the Rangers support had caused the riot. That we had invaded the pitch first and goaded the Hivs fans on the park.

My only surprise was that it took them so long to spin the story, when they finally did get round to spinning it to all  our fault again. However their delay in blaming us will be their downfall, because now even the agenda sceptical and paranoia free neutral. Can see the story in the Rhecord was embellished way beyond their normal fabrications.

To quote another great author of fantastic tales, Roald Dahl

"'Never do anything by halves, if you want to get away with it. be outrageous, go the whole hog.

D'Art's heading suggests this is part 1. I'm expecting more soon.

30 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: your impatience to see justice does reek of the paranoia you try to distance yourself from. Hibs may run but they can't hide !

There are fools. And there are dangerous fools. You fall into the latter camp. 

June 2015, Motherwell fans invade pitch, Rangers players assaulted.

February 2016 SPFL charges club and  finds failures on the part of Motherwell FC including ticketing discrepancies.    punishment will be handed out in 18 months.  By my reckoning that will be around August 2017 which is unbelievable.

The above does not fill one with confidence that justice against Hibs will be either harsh or swift.

15 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

There are many falling into that camp - but this time it is far to public for hibs to get away with it! But many are so disillusioned that there sense has gone out the window - hence all these disbelief posts 

Do you really blame people for the disbelief posts , our disillusionment comes with just cause in my opinion, time and time again blame is shifted from the actual perpetrators to Rangers fans did this and that, we have finally snapped and started to wake up and show a bit of fight back, not criticising you or having a pop but surely you must understand that apathy and turning the cheek has put us in this situation, I've quite frankly never been prouder of our support over the last week and long may our loud voices continue 

I'm afraid the damage has already been done. The lies and sheer fabrication by the Daily Record, despite the live coverage on telly has, in my opinion been largely accepted by the compliant press corps and is even now being disseminated to a wider audience as "the truth". The heid high yins in Scottish Football have, again in my opinion, circled the wagons, in order to limit the damage to firstly, Rod Petrie and secondly, to Hibernian. They most certainly will be attempting to heap as much blame as they can onto our fans for anything they can muster up. The "story" by Jane Hamilton the day after the game again shows how low those in Scotland's journalist profession and also Sellick minded will stoop in their desire to inflict grievious damage towards our club.

What is broke will soon be mended.
We shall reclaim what has been lended.
We'll straighten every knee that's bended.
What's overgrown will yet be tended.
The cloth of falsehood will be rended.
Forgot will be the lies that trended.
The age of evil will be ended.
And all will be as God intended.

2 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

“Whoever conceals hatred with lying lips, and spreads slander, is a fool”  

(Proverbs 10:18)

What a week this has been of self-discovery, where in the period of just 7 days I was able to diagnose what my doctor had been missing for years – that I am suffering from a mild form of paranoia. That’s how long it took an army of opinion leaders, journalists and headline writers, a representative of the Scottish Police Federation and 2 or 3 bobbies as yet (and conveniently, ho hum, never to be) identified, to turn the most shameful scenes witnessed in Scottish football these last 30 years or so, into a story about Rangers fans and their singing. My mild a paranoia stems from the fact I had expected them to achieve this in just 5.

Many have had their say since last Saturday, including many who were not even there, so if you don’t mind I’d like to offer a short reprise on what transpired. I was standing just to the right and behind the goals in what was the traditional “Rangers end” and for those who saw them there, I was just a few feet to the left of Jorg Albertz and Nacho Novo. Within 60 seconds of the final whistle there was a young Hibs fan no older than 25 standing in the 6 yard box inviting me and other Rangers fans to enter the field of play and fight. There was a complete absence of thought or mannerism commensurate with someone who wanted to celebrate (exuberantly or otherwise) his sole intent clearly a penchant for violence.  He was quickly joined by others who had run past and well beyond the majority of Hibs supporters celebrating in their own half of the pitch and they in turn attempted to incite and goad the Rangers support into violence.

At this point it was also clear something was happening with our players, though from my very low vantage point it was impossible for me to determine exactly what that was. When I saw the match officials forming a protective cordon around Andy Halliday I feared the worst. I was absolutely perplexed by the total absence of Police numbers and their total inability to prevent what was unfolding before my eyes. I was unsure how our support would respond to this and noticed a small number to the left of me had already decided for themselves and were entering the field.

It was at this point that the Billy Boys received its first airing of the day. I have written often enough about this song in the past, my last offering being only a few weeks ago for WATP Magazine, so those who regularly read this blog will be more than familiar with my thoughts on the matter. Furthermore I’m not going to suggest that this song acted as a kind of anti-inflammatory for some in what was a highly volatile situation because I really don’t know. What I do know however is that those who have chosen to twist and distort Stewart Robertson’s comments on this song have no idea how close we were to an unprecedented full scale battle last Saturday, capable of turning all the “moral over reaction” in the world into something akin to a war zone report. Be under no illusion it really was touch and go for a few minutes.

After what seemed like an eternity the mounted Police arrived like a regiment of 7th Cavalry and managed to restore some form of semblance. I headed up the stairs to a pre-arranged rendezvous point with other members of our bus and after a couple of minutes with the detail complete we made our way out of Hampden stopping briefly for a call of nature before exiting the stadium for the long bus trip home.

On leaving the ground we saw the arrival of the convoy of Police vans. Bemused by their late arrival I checked my watch and noted it was a full 15 minutes after the final whistle. The only “barricades” they encountered took the form of a cacophony of sarcastic cheers and angry Rangers fans wishing to make official complaints at the abject Police failings. With a gruff “You’ll need to do in writing” they were off - resulting in a delay time of something approaching 2.8 seconds.

To quote the unofficial, unsubstantiated, (with the exception of Scottish Police Federation representative Calum Steele) as yet unidentified Police source “they were pointing at their watches and shouting you’re too late”

No bloody wonder.

Excellent stuff :541:

3 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

Your patience on this issue and belief that justice will prevail is commendable.  Let us hope it is not misplaced.  

If the authorities do not come down hard on the culprits of last Saturday they are in grave danger of setting a precedent.  Suggest they get their act together quickly on this, before the start on next season at latest.  The situation needs to be defused.

We all agree what happened last week was wrong and needs strong censure! Where I disagree is with is the assumption that this won't happen! 

Really looking forward to the last part D'Art where you come to the whodunnit, could be a long conclusion.......... 

Spoiler: (Whodunnit)

SFA, HMRC, Scottish Labour Party, Scottish National Party, Scottish Conservative Party (by default they did fuck all to help the Unionist tradition or the biggest sporting institution in Scotland, (that's us folks)), Scottish Liberal Party (who cares ?), Glasgow City Council, most member clubs of the SFA, most chairmen of clubs in the SFA, most of the fans of clubs in the SFA, EUFA and FIFA by default (did fuck all), Scottish media, especially BBC Scotland, also daily retard,  daily herald, guardian, scots sun, and the intellectual oirish and cellic sympathising dilettantes that infest Scottish society in media, civil service  and education,  

What a fucking list of bad guys intent on destroying us. And amidst all that enemy gunfire we stayed true to our sporting integrity and survived against the odds, a greater achievement in itself than our world record, possibly even our heritage, and our greater loyalty and ambition. And we kept our titles and our status as the world's most successful team. 

And as D'Art so succintly and accurately describes the events of the past week or so have shown the hatred these guys have nurtured over the years and they are now taking as natural behaviour, even though it is propogated by unjustified hatred, jealousy, paranoia, and even self delusion attempting to justify it by ineptness and imaginary events. 

Never have so few been hated by so many without foundation and survived. What a f*cking achievement. 

:21::21::21:  :praise::praise::praise:

D'Art, great post. looking forward to the next parts, pin these buggers to rights and then we can carry on looking forward to our successful return to our rightful place.........all the way up to 56 titles and beyond.

:7325:

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well please tell us what level of punishment would you feel appropriate. 

A cup ban should be metted our - and Petrie must lose his blazer ! But I am prepared to wait till there is an outcome rather than persume thst the outcome will be shite!