7 Days Which Shook Our World. Part 1

14 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Justice delayed is justice denied, William E. Gladstone

I predict ours will be denied.

I have a feeling you could be right. 

I think they'll drag this on and on until it looses its impact outwith our club. Very important now for the club directors to not let that happen . 

14 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

There are many falling into that camp - but this time it is far to public for hibs to get away with it! But many are so disillusioned that there sense has gone out the window - hence all these disbelief posts 

This typifies your problem BP9 you jump in without thinking about the wider considerations and implictations.

Saturdays events and their aftermath are about more than simply Hibs getting away with it. The Police falings are a matter of concern for everyone - not just Rangers fans as they have implcatons around health and safety for all football fans.

The sheer futility of stewards when facing a non-compliant crowd.

And the concerning attempts to shift blame onto the fans by the Police as we witnessed only a few days ago.

1 minute ago, D'Artagnan said:

This typifies your problem BP9 you jump in without thinking about the wider considerations and implictations.

Saturdays events and their aftermath are about more than simply Hibs getting away with it. The Police falings are a matter of concern for everyone - not just Rangers fans as they have implcatons around health and safety for all football fans.

And the concerning attempts to shift blame onto the fans by the Police as we witnessed only a few days ago.

The problem is your last sentence - that was shite stirring  journalism  and not the official police response - the place to sort out the other issues is the enquiry not the open press. 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The problem is your last sentence - that was shite stirring  journalism  and not the official police response - the place to sort out the other issues is the enquiry not the open press. 

BP this s where your argument falls down but I will deal with it in Part 2 in much greater detail. The Scottish Police Federation member, Calum Steele confirmed on twitter that these reports were consistent with feedback from their members.

2 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

16 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

BP this s where your argument falls down but I will deal with it in Part 2 in much greater detail. The Scottish Police Federation member, Calum Steele confirmed on twitter that these reports were consistent with feedback from their members.

Sorry about the double quote!

ill await your part 2 with interest! 

7 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

A cynic may conclude it was the police manipulating a journalist with known loyalties, or have I been watching too much House of Cards.

14 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

BP - surely you don't believe that the enquiry will be in any way shape or form independent ?  It will be stitch up, Hibs will get a fine, we will get a fine. Those who have been arrested for assault will be given suspended sentencing and banning orders.

We will be told to build bridges etc etc 

6 hours ago, sergio said:

BP - surely you don't believe that the enquiry will be in any way shape or form independent ?  It will be stitch up, Hibs will get a fine, we will get a fine. Those who have been arrested for assault will be given suspended sentencing and banning orders.

We will be told to build bridges etc etc 

Even I might waver if hibs are not hammered! 

Even having read both parts D'art,i'm still of a mind that no cunt cares what happened as it was only Rangers (which means us collectively). We are fighting on our own and will get no help and probably hindered in our quest for justice for players who were assaulted and abused. We seem to be a legitimate target for hatred. How we change this i'm at a loss. But going forward we have to change this by ourselves. 

On 28/05/2016 at 7:52 PM, Courtyard Bear said:

Well please tell us what level of punishment would you feel appropriate. 

Add to that the timescale in which you feel is appropriate?

Is it long enough for the court of public opinion to complete;y make this 100% our fault?  Because that's what they are trying to do in front of our very eyes.

It's been a week now since sfa  said there would be an independent inquiry. I think the club could come out now and ask if there has been any progress towards this aim. Surely if there was any urgency they could have found someone to chair the enquiry by now,and at least started the ball rolling. 

3 hours ago, gogzy said:

Add to that the timescale in which you feel is appropriate?

Is it long enough for the court of public opinion to complete;y make this 100% our fault?  Because that's what they are trying to do in front of our very eyes.

Add to that Petrie and Regan sitting laughing away at the Scotland, it's not looking like we will get justice. 

More on Calum Steele:

Seems his twitter feed is contradicting his earlier statement about the police response with not a mention of obstruction by fans outside the ground:

Calum Steele, general secretary of the Scottish Police Federation, praised the police response to the pitch invasion and subsequent trouble.

“Horses are a very common sight for many of the largest football matches, thankfully they’re not a very common sight on the pitch. There’s a strong likelihood that the police horses were deployed for the expectation of managing crowds (outside the ground) after the match and the fact that they were able to muster so quickly and create this barrier on the pitch again testifies to the sheer professionalism of the police response.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/177761/1-sport-scottishcup_0901/

A bit more about his spending on behalf of the SPF!

THE body representing Scotland’s rank and file cops has come under fire for “lavish spending” including lunches and conferences at five-star hotels.

The Sunday Post has learned bosses at the Scottish Police Federation (SPF) are regularly racking up hospitality and travel bills worth thousands of pounds every month.

It is understood General Secretary Calum Steele’s expense claims have included stays in four star hotels and lunches at the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh.

And last week the SPF held its annual conference in the luxurious five-star Turnberry resort in Ayrshire where bosses made repeated warnings about the state of Police Scotland’s finances.

https://www.sundaypost.com/news/scottish-news/cops-union-under-fire-over-hotel-bill

Add to that retweeting articles from BellaCaledonia amongst others and I think Mr Steeles credibility on any matter concerning Rangers is to be seriously questioned.

2 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

Holy Toledo BP

See 12 posts up :pipe:

I added part 2 to this one - due to the use of images Ive posted a link rather than the article in full

Ah sorry ( just jumped to your quote and  didn't read the thread) I'll respond when I have peace to enjoy the read!