RFC -- old board old tricks?

thehost

5 minutes ago, jimgers said:

I agree with you on the statement portion control tactic, too many statements coming out from the club, losses it's effectiveness after the first flurry.

However what the support want is action not another statement, there is an open goal here to take the rhecord to task on these fantasia of lies, smears and agenda. Rack up the pressure not with statements but by action.

Well if the record were banned that would be OK by me - but releasing statements feeds them. As other posters have said we fans can do our bit by not buying the rag or giving them hits. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Well if the record were banned that would be OK by me - but releasing statements feeds them. As other posters have said we fans can do our bit by not buying the rag or giving them hits. 

A ban for the rhecord would be a good start, followed by a threat of legal action, if not by the club, then the new fans amalgamated organisation Club1872.. Let that be it's first battle with the press agenda.

11 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

The one story they should go for is the one by the liar Hamilton. All video evudence shows it to be a lie and it should be withdrawn and an apology made.

Not every story just this one. Its not even twisting truth its a bare faced set of lies. She and the DR should be exposed.

I sort of agree with this - my fear is feeding the beast ! The bbc were banned for less! It's a shame the Pcc did not get the teeth it was supposed to get! I feel the club would better to go to court about this than to release a rebuttal statement - which just gives them fuel. 

Why wait till then? He should not be tweeting comments like that with the Independent Inquirey going on, his employers and expecially the match commander are in deep shite. He should have known better but this seems like some kind of spin from police Scotland and we must challange it and ask fans to send the club their footage  

And if it's proved he is a SNP supporter as some have said then I would be tarring him with the bigotory and anti British brush as this also works two ways. 

8 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I sort of agree with this - my fear is feeding the beast ! The bbc were banned for less! It's a shame the Pcc did not get the teeth it was supposed to get! I feel the club would better to go to court about this than to release a rebuttal statement - which just gives them fuel. 

I think the threat of legal action and a ban would have the editor making a fulsome apology. Legal action against the journalist too as she is freelance and has an obvious agenda.

6 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

I think the threat of legal action and a ban would have the editor making a fulsome apology. Legal action against the journalist to as she is freelance.

Yep - might even be happening! 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It sells papers it's not a cabal 

It is easy to conclude that its a cabal because a number of organisations seem to have a bias that affects the club or its support. The different treatment by the press, the police and the SFA of the club and its fans does point that way be it true or not. 

The atmosphere in Scotland is entirely different to down here and moving back to England has made that even more apparent. There are agendas against Rangers its just whether they are coordinated thats the issue.

The fact that politicians seem more minded to condemn the sining of somgs than actual violence shows their inability to act with any sort of rationality in Rangers case.

Hamilton and her ilk are a symptom of the problem, until rooted out at source by our Club and it's legal team and then we'll still be considered fair game by our haters.

Destroy the spin doctors & the editor level enablers & Hamilton will be reduced to another bitter taig on Twitter.

46 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

It is easy to conclude that its a cabal because a number of organisations seem to have a bias that affects the club or its support. The different treatment by the press, the police and the SFA of the club and its fans does point that way be it true or not. 

The atmosphere in Scotland is entirely different to down here and moving back to England has made that even more apparent. There are agendas against Rangers its just whether they are coordinated thats the issue.

The fact that politicians seem more minded to condemn the sining of somgs than actual violence shows their inability to act with any sort of rationality in Rangers case.

Celtic fans hate the Obaf act as much as we do - I don't believe that is aimed at Rangers - but it is a poor law. Papers write shite about us and them because it sells and the SFA is incompetent but it is not a coordinated attack on us , our politics or religion but that does not stop people seeing it as that for whatever reason . 

3 hours ago, thehost said:

I, like most others, was absolutely delighted that the board seemed to have binned the infamous dignified silence. Something that was at its zenith during Bain's gig as ceo; a stance seemingly welcomed by his close associates, and fellow board members, a stance worn as a misguided badge of honour. Last Sunday's rebuttal was one of the most robust statements that I have seen RFC issue and boy did they garner good will like never before.

The previous MO was defend the board to hell with anyone else. Last Sunday's statement was defend the board, defend the playing staff and give a passing nod at defence of the fans.

Since then we have seen those castigated backtrack at a furious rate of knots, aye we heard you cosgrove(L). Showing that standing your ground really does make a difference. However, the rabid press have completely backed off of the club have moved from the indefensible antics, on the field of play, and onto the more favourable territory of denigrating the rangers fanbase and only the rangers fanbase. We have had to endure the rancid celtic business partner, The Daily Record, and its lies about our support, our misuse of children, our vandalising of public property and a whole host of other dubious allegations, none of which have been shown to have any basis in reality. The fans have stuck together, gather evidence of the journalist concerned and her dubious, some would argue anti-Protestant, social media content. Said fans have actively pursued apologies and provided the club with all the evidence collated, only to have zero backing from the club. No stern defence when the press decide to concentrate only on the fans.

So in this week, when our board were rolling out club 1872, when they were telling us we were all in this together surely it is only right to expect that same board to defend us, the lifeblood of the club, as diligently as they defend themselves and the players.

So Mr Murray, what say you. Are you going to act for the wellbeing of the whole club or will you continue to pursue your agenda of "dignified silence" when its only those pesky fans in the dock? This courageous newspaper needs dealt with, its on your watch, we look on with interest.

Host .Did I not say as much the other day with " Another statement needed ' ? Of course we need action.Silence at this point just makes us look weak while all the lies and fabrications continue .

Really frustrates the fuck out of me ,after such a brilliant first statement .

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Celtic fans hate the Obaf act as much as we do - I don't believe that is aimed at Rangers - but it is a poor law. Papers write shite about us and them because it sells and the SFA is incompetent but it is not a coordinated attack on us , our politics or religion but that does not stop people seeing it as that for whatever reason . 

So these thick fucks think it's a bad law ,so you think that's grounds that it's not originally aimed at us ? They messed up drafting it and if they could tweek it again .I'm certain it would be to our detriment .Love the way your head is continually stuck in the sand .

2 minutes ago, calio said:

Hamilton and her ilk are a symptom of the problem, until rooted out at source by our Club and it's legal team and then we'll still be considered fair game by our haters.

Destroy the spin doctors & the editor level enablers & Hamilton will be reduced to another bitter taig on Twitter.

Allan Rennie and Murray Foote would be a good start.

37 minutes ago, Smile said:

We missed an opportunity the writer Hamilton was a clear bigot and we let it slide,

I sometimes think Traynor is carrying a personal grudge with certain guys in media .We know, he had fall out with English .He was constantly ridiculing Chic young .,Funnily enough ,wee ass wipe Chic was one of the most vocal against out statement last week  .It all seems to be people employed within BBC has a go at .He was sacked by the Rebel for punching the Editor .

Why no attacks on this newspaper ?

Paul Murray had a word ?

My point is .Maybe he just wants to use our situation to score little points against people he dislikes rather than focus on the whole media witch hunt that is constantly going on around our club .From Stv ,the rebel ,the herald .They are all at it .Yet his focus is on Cosgrove ,English .

Maybe the feeling is "We can't take the whole of Scotlands media on " 

I think that's what it will really take to be taken seriously in all this . It's that serious 

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

My old man used to say if you're ever bullied or are outnumbered then pick out the main guy or biggest bully and have him. Give him everything you have and make a statement to the rest. Experience tells me he was right.

The DR are that protagonist. 

If the club came out and dealt with them, and reiterated their backing of the support last Saturday whilst condemning ( or is it commending, meh) those who dehumanise the support, it would have a resounding double edged impact. Attack our enemies. Defend our club which includes her support.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying there. In fact, as it's open season on attacking us and our ways, I think we should counter it with attacking their institutions.

The government has banned bad songs at football matches, but they claim religion can still be discussed. It's time to continually talk about that horrible religion from Rome and highlight all their failings.

Every day they should be highlighted in their insidious attempts to control everything about peoples lives, while giving themselves the right to kill anyone not agreeing with their version of delusion.

35 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I never mentioned the OBAF at all. If I had I would have mentioned the judiciary. I disagree that the SFA is merely incompetent there are too many instances of disproportionate reactions to Rangers to believe that. 

The sneering attitude of newspaper editors seems directed one way only. Why no highlighting of the disproportionate spend around Parkhead for the Commonwealth Games. Why no similar scale of regeneration of Govan and the area round Ibrox?

Before I moved to Scotland I thought it was paranoia but I've lived in Glasgow and from what I've witnessed theres no doubting the bias. I just dont think its as consciously organised as some. Its a product of those in power and the apartheid natute of schools. If they want their own schools then fund them outwith the education budget and, dont bend employment law to suit them.

41 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Rose Cunningham let slip that the law was aimed at us

The bheasts were rubbing their hands together with glee until the penny dropped that it was going to piss on their IRA chips as well.

Only them did the opus propoganda  machine start to campaign against it

39 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

So these thick fucks think it's a bad law ,so you think that's grounds that it's not originally aimed at us ? They messed up drafting it and if they could tweek it again .I'm certain it would be to our detriment .Love the way your head is continually stuck in the sand .

I may be wrong. You may be paranoid - it's just opinions! 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

We missed an opportunity the writer Hamilton was a clear bigot and we let it slide,

We should be demanding an apology and a retraction and take it from there. 

I haven't seen anyone else run with this story , surely that in itself should have the alarm bells ringing in the DR offices . 

Why have we just let the bigot journalist away with slandering the whole support.

She should have been pulled up on this as it was lies and easy to prove but no the fans did all the work to find the evidence and the board did nothing.

14 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

I never mentioned the OBAF at all. If I had I would have mentioned the judiciary. I disagree that the SFA is merely incompetent there are too many instances of disproportionate reactions to Rangers to believe that. 

The sneering attitude of newspaper editors seems directed one way only. Why no highlighting of the disproportionate spend around Parkhead for the Commonwealth Games. Why no similar scale of regeneration of Govan and the area round Ibrox?

Before I moved to Scotland I thought it was paranoia but I've lived in Glasgow and from what I've witnessed theres no doubting the bias. I just dont think its as consciously organised as some. Its a product of those in power and the apartheid natute of schools. If they want their own schools then fund them outwith the education budget and, dont bend employment law to suit them.

I agree there should be no faith based schools at all nor any segregation based on any religion - in fact happy if there was no religion at all. 

The OBFA is hated by most gfootball fans - as previously said its a shite law and if it was aimed at only us it failed. 

I loved the commonwealth games being in Glasgow - it was a great event and park head sure needed cleaned up!