RFC -- old board old tricks?

thehost

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

BP we are all paranoid on Rangers media then .The whole Rangers support 

No - just some prolific supporters / posters that try to dominate RM with their views. Post count does not equal actuality 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Why have we just let the bigot journalist away with slandering the whole support.

She should have been pulled up on this as it was lies and easy to prove but no the fans did all the work to find the evidence and the board did nothing.

If I had been at the game I would have been outraged at that article and so should the board IMO, unless something is happening behind closed doors then the no response to her and the D R is hellish.

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I agree there should be no faith based schools at all nor any segregation based on any religion - in fact happy if there was no religion at all. 

The OBFA is hated by most gfootball fans - as previously said its a shite law and if it was aimed at only us it failed. 

I loved the commonwealth games being in Glasgow - it was a great event and park head sure needed cleaned up! 

So does the area surrounding Ibrox. I used to live there and it needs the same level of work. You seem keen to miss the point on the dispropotionality of funding. I remember Ceptic fans welcomung the OBFA with open arms as they think there filthy songbook is 'political'.

The bias is obvious just not as organised as to be a cabal its more deep rooted than that.

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No - just some prolific supporters / posters that try to dominate RM with their views. Post count does not equal actuality 

We all have our views BP and even you know ,your opinions are in the minority.

I do like the occasional post from you ,but most bears on here don't have a go at you for nothing .

I'm not one of them, as I know you donate a lot of time and your hard earned to Erskine .That deserves respect even although I'm never going to agree with your opinions on football politics 

I agree that the club can't comment on ever article written about us but.....

This wasn't just a small thing, we have been accused of mob rule, being to blamefor police not doing their jobs,  abusing police, shaking police vans, using kids to block the road "ala nothern Ireland".

This article is one of the worst fluff pieces I have ever seen written about us, and it MUST be challenged by our board.  If they don't they definitely undo a lot of the good work that last sundays statement gathered.

We have been made to look like savage animals once again....when it's our fucking fans and players being attacked.  I am totally with the host on this one.  Failure from the board to address this shows a serious lack of giving a fuck about us.

Couldnt give a monkeys what the bheasts think about the football law, anyway the only reason they don't like it is it interferes with their extra curricular terrorist and criminal activities and that attention might interfere with their agenda. The law was designed for us to fall into line with this governments policies, us Brits have not to offend the ethnic minorities but have to take it up the arse from all and sundry with their blessing. They can shove that up their arses. Mr Robertson don't let us down, that's the fans I'm talking about here !:sherlock:

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

If I had been at the game I would have been outraged at that article and so should the board IMO, unless something is happening behind closed doors then the no response to her and the D R is hellish.

We don't know what's happening behind the scenes and that's half the problem.

I think the mutant jhournos story has been fabricated where she has taken a situation and added to it with lies and stories from elsewhere just to demonise our support and damage the brand of the club. It's as if that is some sort of defence  or diversion tactic away from the RC community who violently attacked our players and goaded our fans with their secterianism. 

I did see footage on here where a police fan was flying along and suddenly being stopped by two other stationary police vans. The two stationary police vans looked as if it was the large crowd or other cars that stopped them but that is all normal business for large events and where there's mass crowds departing. I do believe the vans were probably slowed down but certainly not in the way she has sensationalised her story and lies.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Err the board did come out fighting after the game! 

The time to call for Callum Steele resignation is at the enquiry.

yep - record could / should be banned. 

Sorry this is a long post, I've been so annoyed at what's happening to the Rangers support in this country, I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything like that, I just want some fair and unbiased representation in Scotland, we don't get it!

At the Hillsborough enquiry it was made clear that police (or police spokesmen) with an agenda to deflect criticism from themselves were feeding Sun 'journalists' with anti-fan slurs like "all being drunk", "robbing their dead" etc - what was done to those fans was disgusting.  

It seems to me (and it's something that needs investigating in this enquiry) that in Scotland we have a police spokesman who allegedly has fed lies and anti - fan slurs to a DR 'journalist' (who herself has now been exposed as having sectarian bias so likely siezed on this opportunity with glee).

The DR being the DR, courageous investigation and all that will have been turning cartwheels at this scoop ?.

The police spokesmans Twitter account showed him to be manically tweeting every newspaper, radio and tv station with faux outrage at the courageous journalists treatment on social media.  Only the DR editor has stood up for her. Given that not one other msm outlet ran this story and that even Angela Haggerty retracted it, I think we can confident that her report was based on a web of lies, any hint of truth we would have a rerun of the Scotland's Shame headlines which seem to be held for the exclusive reference to Rangers and our fans. 

Have the police learned nothing?  Is it one individual's arrogance and utter disregard for honesty and integrity or is it an institutionalised auto-reaction to deflect deflect deflect at all costs.  If this inquiry turns out to be a whitewash it will be scandal.

29 minutes ago, Smile said:

Why have we just let the bigot journalist away with slandering the whole support.

She should have been pulled up on this as it was lies and easy to prove but no the fans did all the work to find the evidence and the board did nothing.

Shouldn't the emphasis be on utterly discrediting the statements apparently made by the police federation to her?

what people have to remember is that inside the stadium the fans are effectively representing the club, anything that happens inside the grounds of the matchday falls into the clubs lap, hence the 2 statements regarding the events INSIDE the ground

what happens outside the ground no one gives a flying fuck about, every football club will act the same, half a mile from the stadium they couldnt give a shit, its out their hands and not their responsibility

the club were effectively in the firing line for the events on the park on saturday, what happened half a mile away had nothing to do with them so they dont give a fuck

24 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

So does the area surrounding Ibrox. I used to live there and it needs the same level of work. You seem keen to miss the point on the dispropotionality of funding. I remember Ceptic fans welcomung the OBFA with open arms as they think there filthy songbook is 'political'.

The bias is obvious just not as organised as to be a cabal its more deep rooted than that.

Lol sorry we just ( again) need to disagree about this institutional bias you see everywhere that I don't think exists. 

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Sorry this is a long post, I've been so annoyed at what's happening to the Rangers support in this country, I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything like that, I just want some fair and unbiased representation in Scotland, we don't get it!

At the Hillsborough enquiry it was made clear that police (or police spokesmen) with an agenda to deflect criticism from themselves were feeding Sun 'journalists' with anti-fan slurs like "all being drunk", "robbing their dead" etc - what was done to those fans was disgusting.  

It seems to me (and it's something that needs investigating in this enquiry) that in Scotland we have a police spokesman who allegedly has fed lies and anti - fan slurs to a DR 'journalist' (who herself has now been exposed as having sectarian bias so likely siezed on this opportunity with glee).

The DR being the DR, courageous investigation and all that will have been turning cartwheels at this scoop ?.

The police spokesmans Twitter account showed him to be manically tweeting every newspaper, radio and tv station with faux outrage at the courageous journalists treatment on social media.  Only the DR editor has stood up for her. Given that not one other msm outlet ran this story and that even Angela Haggerty retracted it, I think we can confident that her report was based on a web of lies, any hint of truth we would have a rerun of the Scotland's Shame headlines which seem to be held for the exclusive reference to Rangers and our fans. 

Have the police learned nothing?  Is it one individual's arrogance and utter disregard for honesty and integrity or is it an institutionalised auto-reaction to deflect deflect deflect at all costs.  If this inquiry turns out to be a whitewash it will be scandal.

I sort of agree with that - I just disagree with folk that it is part of a coordinate demonisation of us. 

The article in the Record is appalling. It is clearly written by someone with a bias, the source is anonymous- which is convenient in that they cannot be held answerable for the comments. In light of the recent Hillsborough outcomes, it is illuminating to note that nothing appears to have been learnt by sections of the media or certain members of the police (if the source is actual rather than fictitious).

in my opinion the Board should have the integrity and courage to ban the Daily Record- and in doing so ban it from featuring any of our registered trade marks. Articles such as these tarnish our reputation and  brand - it is not acceptable on any level. I would hope anyone connected with Rangers would sever their link with this so called newspaper. 

Talking to a couple of folk at my kids football yesterday who asked me if I was involved in the riot outside the ground with the police. No matter who many times I told them that was a lie they wouldn't believe me it was in the papers they said. 

The point they made, if it was such a blatant lie why hadn't Rangers demanded an apology. I was lost for words on that point. 

13 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Lol sorry we just ( again) need to disagree about this institutional bias you see everywhere that I don't think exists. 

Again its not necessarily institutional its a few key players within institutions or guiding them. Remove them and that starts to redress the balance. Surely the Lord Provost of Glasgow situation points at some bias. 40 years with not one from the predominant faith of the population. Not even sure there has been an agnostic/atheist in that time.

Maybe you just choose not to see it. I'd rather politics and religion were separated from sport but the undeniable fact is that Rangers is seen as holding the traditions of Unionism/Protestantism not just within the support but, and more worryingly, as a general view throughout Scotland. My experience is of a club that welcomes support from every facet of the population within Scotland and abroad but that it celebrates its Scottish and British identity. Its the latter that the SNP and others have an issue with and colours their dealings with Rangers and Rangers fans.

The only agreement that matters on a Saturday in the ground is that we are Rangers fans. I respect your opinion but I think you have misinterpreted mine.

14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

what people have to remember is that inside the stadium the fans are effectively representing the club, anything that happens inside the grounds of the matchday falls into the clubs lap, hence the 2 statements regarding the events INSIDE the ground

what happens outside the ground no one gives a flying fuck about, every football club will act the same, half a mile from the stadium they couldnt give a shit, its out their hands and not their responsibility

the club were effectively in the firing line for the events on the park on saturday, what happened half a mile away had nothing to do with them so they dont give a fuck

They are both linked because the police spokes person claims the slow response to what was happening inside the Stadium was our fault. 

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Shouldn't the emphasis be on utterly discrediting the statements apparently made by the police federation to her?

Yes its all easy enough for the board to do. all the works been done for them by various forums but still they seem unwilling to expose this for what it was.

I think the club have found a good position, complete silence does nothing, but answering every bullshit rumor is a waste of time. They should speak when they need to and by the looks of it the board have that figured out

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They are both linked because the police spokes person claims the slow response to what was happening inside the Stadium was our fault. 

doesnt matter, even if the stories were true the club would wash their hands of it as it is out of their control when its that far away from the ground, so i dont expect them to stand up for us regarding the lies told

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

doesnt matter, even if the stories were true the club would wash their hands of it as it is out of their control when its that far away from the ground, so i dont expect them to stand up for us regarding the lies told

Oh I don't expect them to stand up for us in isolation either they never have. This will be part of the enquiry to be held though and Police Scotland are laying the blame at us, the club have to nip that in the bud. 

32 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Again its not necessarily institutional its a few key players within institutions or guiding them. Remove them and that starts to redress the balance. Surely the Lord Provost of Glasgow situation points at some bias. 40 years with not one from the predominant faith of the population. Not even sure there has been an agnostic/atheist in that time.

Maybe you just choose not to see it. I'd rather politics and religion were separated from sport but the undeniable fact is that Rangers is seen as holding the traditions of Unionism/Protestantism not just within the support but, and more worryingly, as a general view throughout Scotland. My experience is of a club that welcomes support from every facet of the population within Scotland and abroad but that it celebrates its Scottish and British identity. Its the latter that the SNP and others have an issue with and colours their dealings with Rangers and Rangers fans.

The only agreement that matters on a Saturday in the ground is that we are Rangers fans. I respect your opinion but I think you have misinterpreted mine.

Not intentionally trying to interpret your opinion. Apologies.

Glasgow politics was labour dominated for years - now SNP dominated. That's democracy not religion. One thing politicians get wrong is they feel the need to be 'religious' when over 50% of the population has no religious belief at all. But bringing the council leaders religion into it I believe is trying to hard to prove some conspiracy ie all Catholics hate Rangers which I don't believe to be true.

Trying to make political or religious capital out of us weakens us. what we do agree on is that all that actually matters is supporting the club and that's IS our commonality and our collective strength - supporting the club. 

38 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Talking to a couple of folk at my kids football yesterday who asked me if I was involved in the riot outside the ground with the police. No matter who many times I told them that was a lie they wouldn't believe me it was in the papers they said. 

The point they made, if it was such a blatant lie why hadn't Rangers demanded an apology. I was lost for words on that point. 

Yup the damage is done, tell a lie . . . and the punters believe it. That's why this time the Club need to fight every lie inside and outside the ground !If they dont then the history will read that "Rangers fans were as much to blame as the hibs fans, bad losers battle with celebrating fans" ! Put the pot on for it !:sherlock:

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Not intentionally trying to interpret your opinion. Apologies.

Glasgow politics was labour dominated for years - now SNP dominated. That's democracy not religion. One thing politicians get wrong is they feel the need to be 'religious' when over 50% of the population has no religious belief at all. But bringing the council leaders religion into it I believe is trying to hard to prove some conspiracy ie all Catholics hate Rangers which I don't believe to be true.

Trying to make political or religious capital out of us weakens us. what we do agree on is that all that actually matters is supporting the club and that's IS our commonality and our collective strength - supporting the club. 

The problem is that those that stand against what the club is perceived to stand for do just that. We know that not all Catholics hate us (some love us). Its mostly those based in Scotland and aligned to republican ideals. Are you suggesting that neither Labour or the SNP couldn't find a Protestant (or even an atheist) amongst them in 40 years??? I find that very hard to believe. Its not a conspiracy its an indisputable fact. 

Until those lined up against us drop the sectarian nonsense it will never stop. What they fail to grasp is the concept of the 90 minute bigot. Football is an outlet for people and is not a root cause of some mythical sectarian problem. The truth of 'sticks and stones' was never more stark than at Hampden. Did one line of TBB inflict any harm upon anyones person rather than some faux sensibility attributed to thugs and law breakers in green and white?