New strip. Update. Not coming out and may not be released

RFC55

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to our Sponsorship deal with 32Red & Puma - Remember we have a direct link-up with Puma similar to Aresnal/Newcastle/Borussia Dortmund

Unlike many of the other clubs who have Puma actually go through a third party called  Genesis Sports.

I just cannot see the Rangers board allowing us to have a top with no Sponsors or manufacturer branding.

16 minutes ago, JMac_88 said:

Due to our Sponsorship deal with 32Red & Puma - Remember we have a direct link-up with Puma similar to Aresnal/Newcastle/Borussia Dortmund

Unlike many of the other clubs who have Puma actually go through a third party called  Genesis Sports.

I just cannot see the Rangers board allowing us to have a top with no Sponsors or manufacturer branding.

Also how does this look when it comes to negotiating future deals with kit manufacturers? do you think acting like this will get us the sort of deal we should get going forward in terms of top brands and cash involved?

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Also how does this look when it comes to negotiating future deals with kit manufacturers? do you think acting like this will get us the sort of deal we should get going forward in terms of top brands and cash involved?

Don't think other manufacturers are blind to the fact that Ashley is a chubby cunt and has had this coming.

Some may even be glad that we are standing up to him. He has taken over some shit brands in the past but he has a lot a cash so who knows who's next.

Also money talks, if a manufacturer thinks they can make money selling our tops they will.

The first strip we release not involving Ashley will be the biggest selling strip in our history.

Just now, Dazzler said:

Don't think other manufacturers are blind to the fact that Ashley is a chubby cunt and has had this coming.

Some may even be glad that we are standing up to him. He has taken over some shit brands in the past but he has a lot a cash so who knows who's next.

Also money talks, if a manufacturer thinks they can make money selling our tops they will.

The first strip we release not involving Ashley will be the biggest selling strip in our history.

I disagree. Manufacturers won't care a jot - they see a contract and a deal, which (unconfirmed may I add) we seem to be sabotaging. No-one comes out of this good at all.

If the contracts legally binding we have to suck it up, if it's not the board have to act - which I'm sure they are.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I disagree. Manufacturers won't care a jot - they see a contract and a deal, which (unconfirmed may I add) we seem to be sabotaging. No-one comes out of this good at all.

If the contracts legally binding we have to suck it up, if it's not the board have to act - which I'm sure they are.

I do get your point, however a company like adidas will have a representative in the UK who will be the point of contact for these types of negotiations (and they will use this situation as a negotiating tactic, as you were getting at). They will know the history behind the situation though and if they are as smart as they should be, they will see the potential financial benefits for all.

It's up to the board to sell this situation. I don't see it as being difficult to put a very positive spin onto these actions.

3 hours ago, Dazzler said:

I do get your point, however a company like adidas will have a representative in the UK who will be the point of contact for these types of negotiations (and they will use this situation as a negotiating tactic, as you were getting at). They will know the history behind the situation though and if they are as smart as they should be, they will see the potential financial benefits for all.

It's up to the board to sell this situation. I don't see it as being difficult to put a very positive spin onto these actions.

Think the fat man has a stake in adidas too

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

This.

As much as some like to paint me as an Ashley lover, I hate the fat fuck. And his shitey retail deal.

But the fact is people let their personal emotions get in the way far too often when it comes to discussing this issue. Folk forget that's it's fuckin millionaire business men were dealing with, not your average punter. They do not see it the same way we do, even if they are lifelong Rangers fans. They do not have the same emotional attachment to these issues as we do.