Silence is deafening

19 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Transparency Dude .Maybe not even a statement but some transparency .Is the club happy with who is going be on the independant panel  ?That is one thing ..Are the club unhappy with the rebel. ? Etc 

They haven't named who'll be on the panel (as far as I'm aware). In terms of the Record stuff as long as they have people claiming what the couple of Police Fed. members are then they'll use that stuff. If they didn't they'd face the same backlash they have over publishing it. The journo who's name was attached to the story however has some serious Q's to answer over her choice of language on social media. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The Dude said:

They haven't named who'll be on the panel (as far as I'm aware). In terms of the Record stuff as long as they have people claiming what the couple of Police Fed. members are then they'll use that stuff. If they didn't they'd face the same backlash they have over publishing it. The journo who's name was attached to the story however has some serious Q's to answer over her choice of language on social media. 

It's who's pushed her to write this, if you look at all her previous work its criminal cases and beasts.Whoever it was never did much background work on her to find out what she was about. 

Just now, Smile said:

It's who's pushed her to write this, if you look at all her previous work its criminal cases and beasts.Whoever it was never did much background work on her to find out what she was about. 

There's a fair bit of supposition here but hear me out:

Given that background it wouldn't be too big a leap to assume she would have some "sources" within the police. If that is the case then I don't think it's unlikely for a second she'd (as well as anyone else who would have similar sources) have been asked to reach out to them and see what their take on it is. 

Let's say the Record have then infact spoken to several cops who have reported to them the chain of events that was published, what evidence do they have to corroborate their version of events? Is it backed up by bodycam/dashcam/further witnesses other than the small number reported to the record? 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's a fair bit of supposition here but hear me out:

Given that background it wouldn't be too big a leap to assume she would have some "sources" within the police. If that is the case then I don't think it's unlikely for a second she'd (as well as anyone else who would have similar sources) have been asked to reach out to them and see what their take on it is. 

Let's say the Record have then infact spoken to several cops who have reported to them the chain of events that was published, what evidence do they have to corroborate their version of events? Is it backed up by bodycam/dashcam/further witnesses other than the small number reported to the record? 

I honestly don't think the Police were aware of what was going on, when i left the ground they were guarding side streets and standing laughing and joking, others were sitting in vans, there was no great rush at all even later on when i was leaving it was still easy enough for the vans to get through and the worst thing i saw from supporters were sarcastic clapping and supporters shouting at them you are too late.

Beats me who she got her information from and who coerced here to write this story.

I was in b8 Row  zz so was near the top so its was easy to get out.

It should also be pointed out that, following the publication of this article, one of our reporters has been subjected to vile abuse and threats which are now being investigated by Police Scotland

??? Good luck with that ya fucking hypocritical cunts.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I honestly don't think the Police were aware of what was going on, when i left the ground they were guarding side streets and standing laughing and joking, others were sitting in vans, there was no great rush at all even later on when i was leaving it was still easy enough for the vans to get through and the worst thing i saw from supporters were sarcastic clapping and supporters shouting at them you are too late.

Beats me who she got her information from and who coerced here to write this story.

According to the Record they got it from several members of the police fed. Who within the police is briefing journos on this chain of events and why? If the police haven't then I'd have expected them to have distanced themselves. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

According to the Record they got it from several members of the police fed. Who within the police is briefing journos on this chain of events and why? If the police haven't then I'd have expected them to have distanced themselves. 

Having been at the game i think her info was bad or just a cover up or sheer lies from someone. It's that simple.

They thought the trouble would be at our side i dont know why.

Just now, Smile said:

Having been at the game i think her info was bad or just a cover up or sheer lies from someone. It's that simple.

And this is my point. If it's lies who haven't the police came out and rubbished it as being a work of fantasy and if she has been told that's what happened who told her and why? That the police haven't said a peep to counter the story suggests she got her info from them and hasn't just made it up. 

Just now, The Dude said:

And this is my point. If it's lies who haven't the police came out and rubbished it as being a work of fantasy and if she has been told that's what happened who told her and why? That the police haven't said a peep to counter the story suggests she got her info from them and hasn't just made it up. 

It's something we may find out I guess if there is ever a proper enquiry.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

It's something we may find out I guess if there is ever a proper enquiry.

With regards to that Record story it's the main thing we should be looking to learn. If members of the police ARE briefing that we delayed any response by them, despite it being fantasy, are they doing it to cover-up the collapse of command in the initial few minutes? Or to hide the flaws in their response plan which only became evident when put into effect or is there something more sinister to it? 

Again, if they haven't been doing so why haven't they came out and rubbished the story.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

With regards to that Record story it's the main thing we should be looking to learn. If members of the police ARE briefing that we delayed any response by them, despite it being fantasy, are they doing it to cover-up the collapse of command in the initial few minutes? Or to hide the flaws in their response plan which only became evident when put into effect or is there something more sinister to it? 

Again, if they haven't been doing so why haven't they came out and rubbished the story.

On the subject of something more sinister. The fact is the offensive behaviour legislation has many critics that include a sizeable chunk of the target "nationless" vote too.

It is not inconcievable that a national government controlled police force colluded to a logistical operation to in some way validate their reluctance to amend or remove the legislation.In other words the big bad Rangers would react and the story would be Gers fans cause riot at Scottish cup final.

The discipline within our support has been deliberately subjugated by the first minister and journalists. They still wished to perpuate that nasty headline which may in some way explain  the mixed messages from police Scotland to the media to create an environment that justifies the continuum of this legislation to their majority  target vote.The fact remains Rangers players and supporters retained their nerve and integrity. :pipe:

4 hours ago, piperpete said:

When their mouthpiece did a 180 backtrack live on radio Scotland it would be hard for them to keep the onslaught going. They know however they have mission accomplished as there is no chance of  the same amount of backtracking as the lies they have mislead the country with.

Must have missed that one.  Are you talking about Mr Cosgrove?  What did he say?

1 hour ago, DMax399 said:

Must have missed that one.  Are you talkin he t abrviewnut Mr Cosgrove?  What did he say?

He said he talked at the heat of the moment after listening to a Petrie Interview on the bbc but on reflection after he found out more about IT he tried to say sorry but didnt although he backtracked 180 °

Reading this which is terrible and must have been scary for Barnsley fans however shows the difference of reporting of the incidents between our cup final and this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3615235/Barnsley-play-final-win-overshadowed-violent-scenes-Millwall-supporters-breach-police-barrier-Wembley.html

14 hours ago, piperpete said:

He said he talked at the heat of the moment after listening to a Petrie Interview on the bbc but on reflection after he found out more about IT he tried to say sorry but didnt although he backtracked 180 °

Interesting.  I listened to the original show on the way back from the game and he was dismissing it then, even though they had Chick Young on the line from the stadium, who told them that he had witnessed players being provoked/attacked as well as the fans clashing.

Tam Cowan was very much of the opinion that something very out of the ordinary had happened but Mr Cosgrove was just ignoring the facts being passed to him by Chick Young who was actually at the ground - which is what I couldn't understand.   He did himself no favours on that show.

Technically, they can punish hivs for their fans invading the pitch, but they can do exactly the same to us as some of our fans where on there as well. of course, we all know the difference in attitude, but will the SFA see that?

What really surprises me is that I heard a hivs fan telling how he and his 9 year old daughter had planned to invade the pitch, via social media chats amongst thousands of other hivs.

Given that knowledge, it makes it even more incompetent of the police not to have any officers, in large numbers, at the final whistle. Or is it government and lawmen's policy only to spy on Rangers supporters social media going's on?

23 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It's a certainty we will get punishment, the test will be the difference in both punishment. 

Whats the bet it's not that much different. 

I'll be surprised if the SFA deal with the spoonburners harshly enough for anyone to notice that THEY were the aggressors in this debacle and that WE (Rangers FC and its support) are by and large the victims.

That said, UEFA need not wait for any such investigation (independent or otherwise) to reach for the BAN hammer and throw that junkie shower of shite out of next season's Europa League given that the TV pictures show Junkie fans invading the pitch also show Junkie fans attacking Rangers FC players and staff.

Fuck them.

12 minutes ago, CanadianBacon said:

I'll be surprised if the SFA deal with the spoonburners harshly enough for anyone to notice that THEY were the aggressors in this debacle and that WE (Rangers FC and its support) are by and large the victims.

That said, UEFA need not wait for any such investigation (independent or otherwise) to reach for the BAN hammer and throw that junkie shower of shite out of next season's Europa League given that the TV pictures show Junkie fans invading the pitch also show Junkie fans attacking Rangers FC players and staff.

Fuck them.

I hope your right about the euro ban CB but I'm not holding my breath. 

The point about Uefa is key as if the SFA whitewash or even downplay what happened this should be the club and supporters immediate port of call. If we as a support can inundate them with complaints of intimidation and assault of our players, with plenty of proof that has been shown on here then they will do something.

The club approaching UEFA will show up the SFA as what they are and would leave them open to discipline from Uefa on many fronts. If the SFA threaten our club about going to Uefa, it is just something else to report them about. Not acting decisively on rioting, intimidation fighting and assault of a member clubs players would leave Uefa with no option other than to act. 

We have a very strong hand here, probably the strongest we have held for years so we must not let the SFA downplay our grievances, and do not let ourself be sidetracked with wankers like Cosgrove, Spiers and some junior hack from the DR.  If we get backing from Uefa against the SFA then that is the time to go for the other tossers trying their best to deflect from what happened and covering up their own bias and bigotry.

8 hours ago, DMax399 said:

Interesting.  I listened to the original show on the way back from the game and he was dismissing it then, even though they had Chick Young on the line from the stadium, who told them that he had witnessed players being provoked/attacked as well as the fans clashing.

Tam Cowan was very much of the opinion that something very out of the ordinary had happened but Mr Cosgrove was just ignoring the facts being passed to him by Chick Young who was actually at the ground - which is what I couldn't understand.   He did himself no favours on that show.

He doesnt care mate he got his message out on the show after rhe final when they had  lots of listeners and backtracked on another show on a day there was no football and many less listeners. He hates us with a passion and he must have had his "Bs" up during the 2nd show.

On 29 May 2016 at 3:06 PM, eejay the dj said:

Have these bastards once again tried to whitewash the Riot .

All is seems  like last year after the Motherwell game  .Nothing for weeks until it wasn't such high profile .Then there was even less .

What worries me also .The clubs silence over the last 3/4 days .Have the SFA thrown a grenade at our Club and threatened them to keep quiet or even given them some cock and bull story ,that action will be taken this time to shut us up .

I wouldn't trust these cunts to penalise Hivs without involving us 

It just doesn't seem right after our initial statement and certainly after some of the attacks that have came out way last 3/4 days .

They have'nt stopped sweeping yet mate it may take another few weeks yet until after the euro cups start.

sweep sweep !!!!