Over 33,000 Season Tickets Renewed - A Club Record [Now Over 42,000 Sold]

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

The low attendances didn't really start till div 2 iirc. We sold out the last div 3 game vs Berwick, many were still behind Ally then, but he was sussed out in Div 2. That's when folk stopped attending and the boycott conveniently started.

If folk want to convince themselves that spending money then sitting as home makes you as loyal a supporter as folk who travel for hours on a Tuesday night in January then they can believe what they want but we all know what the truth is. It kind of goes against the narritve when folk rightfully praise Bears from England and Ulster who travel for hours and hours, why do you praise them when according to you someone who payed then didn't bother showing up is as much of a fan as they are?

No one is claiming to be "uber fans" just loyal followers of Rangers.

Spending money does not equate to loyalty, there were plenty games that I've payed for that I really couldn't be arsed going to but went because the club was on its knees and the team needed our support.

No one would have been saying anything like this a few years ago, it wasn't until the boycott happened that folk started claiming that someone sitting at home was as loyal as a bloke from Carlisle standing in East Fife on a Tuesday night. Its absolute pish. Being a supporter doesn't mean supporting financially, it means backing your club and team from the terraces through good times and bad, some fans didn't do that. And you can't change the past so get over it and stop acting like sitting in the pub to watch the game under McCoist instead of going to Annan or Montrose was some kind of achievement or sacrifice

See the problem is you're doing what she done. I've been there 0-0 away to Montrose and defeats at home to annan. But label our support as some sort of glory hunters is bullshit. People in div 3 and 2 started taking on extra shifts etc. They'd paid and helped secure the club but they had to do what was best for their family as well. Extra shifts mean extra money. But still buying your book is what helped save this club.

I know 2 boys on here who barely miss a game but then started to do other things as well as follow Rangers. They went to epl games etc but had still paid for Rangers STS. The thing is the games weren't competitive we had won the league before a ball was kicked. 

Sitting on a Sunday humping east Stirling 5-1 was fun for a few weeks but like the tarriers we struggled to be a crowd due to mundane shite. But folk still went. The boycott never started till the club was being royally pumped up the shiter. She called folk glory hunters. 37000 fucking glory hunters to watch us play Berwick and Annan? Geez peace. I know boys on here who've been to watch us v formartine or whatever the fuck they are called and nearly every otger away game and home game since this debacle began. Are they better than the ones who only went to Ibrox? 

I notice none of them are I  getting excited about glory hunters etc. A lot of Ulster bears stopped going and can you blame them? 100 and odd quid every home game to see us scrape by queens park? They came but sparingly (not all obviously bit a good amount(

She was gibbering pish about abandoning the team and being glory hunters. Well the stats don't really back that up. At our lowest ebb in div 3 there was more there than the start of the first season on the championship. Says it all to me and it's fuck all to do with glory hunting 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

See the problem is you're doing what she done. I've been there 0-0 away to Montrose and defeats at home to annan. But label our support as some sort of glory hunters is bullshit. People in div 3 and 2 started taking on extra shifts etc. They'd paid and helped secure the club but they had to do what was best for their family as well. Extra shifts mean extra money. But still buying your book is what helped save this club.

I know 2 boys on here who barely miss a game but then started to do other things as well as follow Rangers. They went to epl games etc but had still paid for Rangers STS. The thing is the games weren't competitive we had won the league before a ball was kicked. 

Sitting on a Sunday humping east Stirling 5-1 was fun for a few weeks but like the tarriers we struggled to be a crowd due to mundane shite. But folk still went. The boycott never started till the club was being royally pumped up the shiter. She called folk glory hunters. 37000 fucking glory hunters to watch us play Berwick and Annan? Geez peace. I know boys on here who've been to watch us v formartine or whatever the fuck they are called and nearly every otger away game and home game since this debacle began. Are they better than the ones who only went to Ibrox? 

I notice none of them are I  getting excited about glory hunters etc. A lot of Ulster bears stopped going and can you blame them? 100 and odd quid every home game to see us scrape by queens park? They came but sparingly (not all obviously bit a good amount(

She was gibbering pish about abandoning the team and being glory hunters. Well the stats don't really back that up. At our lowest ebb in div 3 there was more there than the start of the first season on the championship. Says it all to me and it's fuck all to do with glory hunting 

Clearly the term glory hunter is one most people don't like being used. I've used it, mostly in anger.

But if someone has "found other things to do" or goes to EPL games instead or has just lost interest because football is pish now, or doesn't go because its only Queens Park or because we are rotten, then that person isn't as decicated to supporting the Club as someone who sat through it all.

im not slating anyone or bigging anyone up, just stating a fact. I know I'm a more loyal fan than some of my mates who maybe only go to a game once a year, and I know they are bigger fans than the guy who likes Rangers on Facebook and watches the OF but couldn't name half the players, and I know there are more loyal fans than me who havent missed a game in years.

I don't have an issue with any fans personally, just annoys me when I know folk who say "I've had and ST for 30 years" but miss out the 2 years they didn't have an ST because Ally was pish, and really get irritated when I get 20 mates messaging me on Facebook asking for OF tickets when I've offered them tickets to other games and they've said no.

At the end of the day this is a pointless argument because even the fans who don't really care think they are fucking die hards :lol: my main point is I have more respect for those who were there alongside myself on cold winter nights knowing we'd be pish than I do for those who stayed away.

1 minute ago, Willis said:

Clearly the term glory hunter is one most people don't like being used. I've used it, mostly in anger.

But if someone has "found other things to do" or goes to EPL games instead or has just lost interest because football is pish now, or doesn't go because its only Queens Park or because we are rotten, then that person isn't as decicated to supporting the Club as someone who sat through it all.

im not slating anyone or bigging anyone up, just stating a fact. I know I'm a more loyal fan than some of my mates who maybe only go to a game once a year, and I know they are bigger fans than the guy who likes Rangers on Facebook and watches the OF but couldn't name half the players, and I know there are more loyal fans than me who havent missed a game in years.

I don't have an issue with any fans personally, just annoys me when I know folk who say "I've had and ST for 30 years" but miss out the 2 years they didn't have an ST because Ally was pish, and really get irritated when I get 20 mates messaging me on Facebook asking for OF tickets when I've offered them tickets to other games and they've said no.

At the end of the day this is a pointless argument because even the fans who don't really care think they are fucking die hards :lol: my main point is I have more respect for those who were there alongside myself on cold winter nights knowing we'd be pish than I do for those who stayed away.

But in div 3 and 2 nobody really did stay away. The championship was the one that they all did. Rightly or wrongly. But she went on about div 3 as if their were about 6,000 there. And now cause it's the SPL everyone has come rushing back. 

A lot of people I know used to knock back shifts left right and centre to follow rangers all over the land. But priorities change at points in life. 

I was at more games in the championship under ally than I was last year due to work. So in the glory hunting stakes I'd say that makes me fucking daft as I was doing it the wrong way round :lol:

34 minutes ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

Spending millions on increasing the stadium capacity right now is silly. 

We need that investment in the team/background/training and youth. 

I think with Mr King in charge of the purse strings you can guarantee we won't spend millions on anything, He and the board are good for the club but bicuit tin and moths flying out the wallet mentality is what we will have for the next few years , until we get a Robert Sarver type we will paint over the cracks and not look to the future for plans for Ibrox. I know a few Scottish barrow boys who have became multi millionaires their still as tight as a troots erse that's what King reminds me off.So get someone on board now surely Rangers have a good profile again which should help.

Just now, lerxst said:

I think with Mr King in charge of the purse strings you can guarantee we won't spend millions on anything, He and the board are good for the club but bicuit tin and moths flying out the wallet mentality is what we will have for the next few years , until we get a Robert Sarver type we will paint over the cracks and not look to the future for plans for Ibrox. I know a few Scottish barrow boys who have became multi millionaires their still as tight as a troots erse that's what King reminds me off.So get someone on board now surely Rangers have a good profile again which should help.

I don't think the Mallorca fans are too pleased with Mr sarver

2 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Don't think I'll go to many games this season but if I don't get home and away tickets vs the tims I will crack up.

I'm probably the best supporter ever and follow Rangers on Instagram on Twitter too.

Get your Ticket Request thread sorted ASAP

4 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Don't think I'll go to many games this season but if I don't get home and away tickets vs the tims I will crack up.

I'm probably the best supporter ever and follow Rangers on Instagram on Twitter too.

I'm with you :wink:

14 minutes ago, lerxst said:

Aye. Mon we'll get some multi millionaire in so we can start throwing money about like confetti,what could possibly go wrong? 

Some people have learnt baws all from the last few years :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Get your Ticket Request thread sorted ASAP

It's not worth it.

I get snidey PM's trying to blackmail me into taking tickets for shitey games I can watch on BT Sports in order for me to get a celt*c one. Who even goes to those games.

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Right you seem a bit dim regards the point so we will go again.

The ally years in sfl3 at its worst at times. Annan winning 3-1 at Ibrox ring any bells? Over 37,000 people paid for season books. You keep going on about people abandoning the club and being glory hunters. More than 37,000 of these people paid for season tickets sending money straight into the Rangers account.

In division 2 iirc it was over 35,000. In the championship first year round folk either boycotted due to the football or more likely because the way we were run.

Your logic dictates these people are all glory hunters and id ask you. If they are all glory hunters why didn't they all snap up these season books since we had just won league 1 by going unbeaten through the season? We were now one league away from the top league yet season ticket sales fell. To me that would suggest your logic is flawed. 37,000 in one of the worst football leagues in Europe to around about 23,000 or just over in the championship where we were 1 season away from "the big time" 

Surely glory hunters would be there closer to the big league rather than enjoying the ties against the peterheads and the Montrose's of this world?

Maybe a spell/grammar checker would help your posts ;) 

To be honest it's irrelevant either way, it won't change my view point and the view point of a lot of people that glory hunters simply make me laugh it's as bad as all the people who don't go to the cups and then are moaning they don't get a semi final/final ticket particularly old firm. 

Anyway really bored chatting,

later ;) 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

It's a mobile phone ya fucking balloon. Funny how Willis could make it out. 

Anyway shown up for the clown you are (tu)

Hahaha so is mine, phone doesn't change education ;)

But chilidish insults is always the way to go so thanks for that ;)

5 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Paying for S T on the four monthly instalments , just got my statement in , one payment of £98.75 taken from (The Rangers FC Ticket ) then another payment of £32.50 from (Rangers FC Ticket Cen) , taken on same dates , tried phoning ticket office but closed . 

I got a tenner taken out a few days ago. Don't know what it is for. Tenner seems to cheap for a ticket, anyone else had this?