Well Done Bocadillo Coffee

thebooler

That is an outstanding achievement considering they have just 2 outlets. 

Fantastic by the club as well and, as always, at the forefront when it comes to those in need. 

I can't see this making much of an impact on certain media outlets. Far too positive for them when they are currently trying to demonise the club and its fans.

28 minutes ago, BlueGates said:

Sterling effort. 

Doesn't Craig Houston / sos have an involvement with Bocadillo?

Does he clean their roasters.

Seriously love the idea of raising money for charity.  This one strikes me as odd, why have a special area in the ground mainly for autistic kids 'who might be upset by the noise'?  If they are going to be that bothered why put them in a stressful situation to begin with, better to leave them at home.

6 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Is it not blatantly obvious?

I wasn't sure what a Sensory Room at Ibrox was either.

Mibbee the Sensory Rooms i peeked into in places like amsterdam and bangkok contributed to the confusion ;)

On a more serious note, facilities at ibrox to help the handicapped is nothing short of brilliant. I had no idea it existed.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Seriously love the idea of raising money for charity.  This one strikes me as odd, why have a special area in the ground mainly for autistic kids 'who might be upset by the noise'?  If they are going to be that bothered why put them in a stressful situation to begin with, better to leave them at home.

Well done all of involved with this; what a good hearted initiative. I have never heard of a football club taking such an inclusive approach in this way before - Rangers, first again. I do agree with your point a bit though, my little girl has autism, learning difficulties and the inevitable challenging behavioural problems that comes with that and in my mind the last thing I'd like to do is to take her to a game, but the main thing is that this gives parents the options as you can never predict a meltdown. When it happens it really helpful to have somewhere safe and calm to go. Wish some of the journos who look at this forum would reflect this charitable and kind side of the Bears evident in this post. :clap:

10 hours ago, The Wire said:

Well done to them and the club.

Can't say I was aware of this. I would have gone out of my way to buy my coffee there if a cut of it was going to such a good cause.

Anything else like this going on?

Yes mate.  For every pound you donate to the RM Erskine Fund, we will buy a pound's worth of Rangers Tickets for Erskine Veterans.

And you get your name on a list too. (tu)

15 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So just because someone has an autistic child they shouldnt get the joy of taking their kid to their first Rangers game?

6 hours ago, Willis said:

So just because someone has an autistic child they shouldnt get the joy of taking their kid to their first Rangers game?

Not what I said.  I do however question taking kids with autism, and likely to go into meltdown, to a place where they will be stressed out, what joy is there in that?

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Not what I said.  I do however question taking kids with autism, and likely to go into meltdown, to a place where they will be stressed out, what joy is there in that?

But they won't go into meltdown in that room (hopefully) and get to watch a live game.That's the whole point and why it's such a good idea.

18 hours ago, govanblue said:

Yes mate.  For every pound you donate to the RM Erskine Fund, we will buy a pound's worth of Rangers Tickets for Erskine Veterans.

And you get your name on a list too. (tu)

I don't post much here but browse a lot and should really have remembered this.

Just sent you £20 as penance.

Thanks

3 hours ago, The Wire said:

But they won't go into meltdown in that room (hopefully) and get to watch a live game.That's the whole point and why it's such a good idea.

Point is that getting them to the room, through crowds of thousands of noisy fans may freak them out.  If your autistic kid is hypersensitive to noise or crowds is it really worth putting them through the stress?    BTW I don't have the answer but feel the question needs to be asked.

3 hours ago, The Wire said:

That is a bit like saying my two-year-old can cross the road himself and hopefully won't get hit by a car, is it worth the risk?   As I said in my reply to Wire, I don't know.

17 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

That is a bit like saying my two-year-old can cross the road himself and hopefully won't get hit by a car, is it worth the risk?   As I said in my reply to Wire, I don't know.

I'd think it would be more akin to teaching him how to cross the road sd ?

It's a learning experience as much as an enjoyable one for them. 

Well done all concerned

happy for money to be going towards a cause that helps Rangers and our fans

but I'd rather it came from people who actually paid for the company they own, some very dodgy people involved with bocadillo