Euro 96 documentary with Shearer last night

Gaz52

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is collymore mentioned in a thread about Gazza ?  If u feel so strongly about him u would be doing good keeping it to urself in a forum where he is idolised ! Fuckin dark cloud

anyway I for one was glad I got to see him ripping through teams and showing what a football genius he was 

18 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Having suffered from. and received treatment for, depression myself, I consider that comment offensive. Unlike alcoholism which starts off self-inflicted, depression can strike anyone at any time. So if you consider Collymore a cunt, then Gascoigne is equally a cunt, maybe more so.

So, have we to disregard the horrible things he's said about our fans and our club? Just give him a pass because he has depression.

If his depression was so bad he wouldn't be able to wake up every single day and hold down a job with such intensity involved. And that's something I know from my own experiences.

The guy spouts hatred towards everything Rangers, so obviously people are going to hit him where it hurts. 

1 hour ago, Corky True Legend said:

Having suffered from. and received treatment for, depression myself, I consider that comment offensive. Unlike alcoholism which starts off self-inflicted, depression can strike anyone at any time. So if you consider Collymore a cunt, then Gascoigne is equally a cunt, maybe more so.

That's clearly not what he said. 

1 hour ago, Corky True Legend said:

I agree with this statement. Collymore has suffered an illness no man should ever have to suffer. He is still a punchable cunt; but any form of illness is no excuse for beating up your wife or girlfriend. 

Gazza, though, was a special player, and despite all the scandal regarding his private life, and we should all feel privileged that he came over here in the peak of his stardom and played for our great club. Days of that are long gone, sadly. 

3 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Collymore also has a diagnosed illness.

ive no interest in engaging with a "bear" who's defending that prick Collymore away and chase yerself you self loathing cunt,wether you like it or not Gazza is idfolised by many on here so i dont see what you plan to achieve by spouting your pish on here

5 hours ago, reallyruff said:

And considering  he was a Rangers player in 96, how many times was that mentioned or shown? They even showed goals and performances from his Spurs days rather than us. Watching it you would be forgiven for thinking he was still English based at the time, even when discussing the Scotland game and his goal which would seem to have been an appropriate time for any mention of us there was Nada.

Noticed that as he left the pitch he was wearing Ally's shirt.

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

ive no interest in engaging with a "bear" who's defending that prick Collymore away and chase yerself you self loathing cunt,wether you like it or not Gazza is idfolised by many on here so i dont see what you plan to achieve by spouting your pish on here

A legend? Struth or Symon would never have let him cross the threshold of Ibrox. I am not defending Collymore, just pointing out that Gascoigne was just as bad. Your lack of vocabulary indicates your level of intelligence so by all means do not engage with me. Try engagimg your brain instead.

3 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Unlike alcoholism which starts off self-inflicted, depression can strike anyone at any time.

True. I wouldn't even call alcoholism an illness. It's a weakness and I think anyone who has never lived with an alcoholic doesn't really understand the effects it has on others. Ironically my ex partners excessive drinking caused my depression so obviously it irks me when the two are similarly categorised.

20 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

A legend? Struth or Symon would never have let him cross the threshold of Ibrox. I am not defending Collymore, just pointing out that Gascoigne was just as bad. Your lack of vocabulary indicates your level of intelligence so by all means do not engage with me. Try engagimg your brain instead.

Fuck off, Stanley. 

22 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Yes a legend you fool can't believe your putting gazza and collymore in the same sentence,gazza was immense for us and collymore hates everything our club stands for

26 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Baxter was of a similar mould to Gascoigne.  Symon didn't have an issue with him crossing the Ibrox threshold.  

Just didn't find anything that came close to playing football, no doubt he's tried a load of different hobbies. But then again, he was coked out his nut and drinking while he was playing for us - so it's not as if it's something that's just happened when he hung up his boots.

A flawed genius right enough. 

17 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Baxter never indulged in wife-beating. In fact, he served Queen and country. Gascoigne only served himself.

While not condoning what Paul did it was vastly different circumstances to the attention seeking moron Collymore.

You also ignore Pauls diagnosed Bi-polar, OCD and bulimia and unlike the scumbag Collymore has never used his conditions as an excuse. Collymore is a serial woman beater. 

If you notice my location you will understand that I've heard the same series of stories about the scumbag from more than one source.

28 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Baxter never indulged in wife-beating. In fact, he served Queen and country. Gascoigne only served himself.

Not condoning Gazza's actions on this particular issue, however you can't deny he was similar to Baxter in temperament and the way they lived their lives.   There are many accounts of Symon identifying Baxter as being a problem character during his time at Rangers, Symon put up with him and managed the problems he created because of his supreme football talent.  Similar to what Smith had to do with Gascoigne.  

I don't know quite what Baxter serving his time has to do with anything.  If Gascoigne had been thirty years younger he would likely have had to do the same.

32 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Not condoning Gazza's actions on this particular issue, however you can't deny he was similar to Baxter in temperament and the way they lived their lives.   There are many accounts of Symon identifying Baxter as being a problem character during his time at Rangers, Symon put up with him and managed the problems he created because of his supreme football talent.  Similar to what Smith had to do with Gascoigne.  

I don't know quite what Baxter serving his time has to do with anything.  If Gascoigne had been thirty years younger he would likely have had to do the same.

Once they pull on that jersey their personal lives get left at the door.  I am just proud to have seen both of them play.

As for Smith and Mr Symon, very different characters who both had superior man management skills.  Always blamed the board, even back then, for getting rid of Baxter.