True Blue Ian Ferguson

That was a good watch...........loved his  reaction when Johnston scored his first against them.....everyone else chasing him to celebrate,he just sunk to his knees and watched their fans hurt.:541:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, harry handsome said:

Good guy, he lived near me in Perth and we bumped into each other in Bunniings (B&Q), struck up a bit of a friendship with him and his mrs. Was round mine having a drink and was telling a few stories, top top guy.

I saw Kyle lafferty in Tesco once.:pipe:

TRUE Blue , my only regret was that Fergie was unlucky with injuries and illness or he would have had another 200 appearances. Never was the saying "he played for the jersey " more appropriate ,he played through many an injury and out of position but the only thing that mattered to him was that Rangers won. Loved it when he signed for Dunfermline and turned up for his first training session wearing a Rangers beanie. Loved it when Martin Tyler commented after he crunched a Tim at Ibrox "Fergie goes a hunting".

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

44 minutes ago, orange submarine said:

I saw Kyle lafferty in Tesco once.:pipe:

Its the law of averages for you mate, a full time job collecting trolleys in Tesco would mean at some point you would see someone infamous.

Like all above I loved Ian Ferguson but I'll always wonder what he would have been like as an attacking midfielder, when he played for St Mirren he played further forward and I thought he looked like he could have went on to be world class, I always felt that we held him back a bit in that respect, however I'm sure Fergie didn't dwell any in that respect as I'm certain he would have played anywhere he was asked just as long as he could pull that jersey on and play for the Teddy Bears.

Great player and even better person/true blue 

a lot of ex players and legends get a hard time on here (with good reason on the most part) but no one can say a bad word about Fergie - total class 

Loved him crackin player, always got stuck in and gave 110 percent for the jersey and fans. I mind when I was abt 9my step mums pals husband says he was brought up way Ferguson near parkhead and said that he used to run about way a septic top on all the time and although I was only 9 I just refused to believe it but he was adamant. It's funny when I see or hear anything about Ian Ferguson that wee story always comes to mind. I haven't watched all that video yet but looks good???? 

My favourite Rangers player growing up because of his will to win and he is Rangers through and through.Ian Ferguson had decent ability but his work rate and determination made him way better than his ability alone.I hope Joey Barton brings this sort of desire to our team as it is needed and if he is getting stuck in the other players will follow suit.

He played Gazza off the park when we played Spurs in a pre-season friendly.

A great Ranger who would have been much more widely known as a top player if he'd played in England in his prime (I'm very glad he stayed with us though)

Loved when he took free kicks from outside the box and you could see the players in the wall shiting themselves. Couldn't blame them really, he knocked a few of them over when the ball hit them. Also remember most games he tried a shot from outside the box that was high or wide,but it came off one time at Starks park against Raith in a cup tie when  we were struggling for as equaliser and got us the replay. A real true blue never conceded defeat.

8 hours ago, Billythebear77 said:

The best Ferguson to play for our team!!!....fucking loved watching the guy play, he was one off those players who would have went through a brick wal for the team!!

Eric doesn't Like this:wink:.

21 minutes ago, The Beast said:

He played Gazza off the park when we played Spurs in a pre-season friendly.

A great Ranger who would have been much more widely known as a top player if he'd played in England in his prime (I'm very glad he stayed with us though)

He was immense in that game. I don't think Gascoigne was ever given such a complete runaround in a game of football. It seemed every time Gascoigne got the ball, Ferguson took it from him but Gazza couldn't lay a boot on Fergie.

I also used to love watching opposition players start sweating and spinning in ever-decreasing circles if they had nailed a Ranger's player and the crowd started rumbling up a chant of, "Fergie's going tae get ya". They knew retribution was coming, they just didn't know when:box:.

Great player and a top bloke by all accounts and as many have already said - he was very under rated.

Wish we had a player as good as him in our present midfield. I'd feel more confident of winning the league this season if we had Fergie in his prime strutting his stuff.

2 hours ago, TheMotor said:

Eric doesn't Like this:wink:.

He was immense in that game. I don't think Gascoigne was ever given such a complete runaround in a game of football. It seemed every time Gascoigne got the ball, Ferguson took it from him but Gazza couldn't lay a boot on Fergie.

I also used to love watching opposition players start sweating and spinning in ever-decreasing circles if they had nailed a Ranger's player and the crowd started rumbling up a chant of, "Fergie's going tae get ya". They knew retribution was coming, they just didn't know when:box:.

He was much more than a hatchet man though.

Bags of skill but hard as nails, a bit like a young Souness in his pomp.

5 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

Like all above I loved Ian Ferguson but I'll always wonder what he would have been like as an attacking midfielder, when he played for St Mirren he played further forward and I thought he looked like he could have went on to be world class, I always felt that we held him back a bit in that respect, however I'm sure Fergie didn't dwell any in that respect as I'm certain he would have played anywhere he was asked just as long as he could pull that jersey on and play for the Teddy Bears.

as you say i'm sure when he looks at his medal collection it more than makes up for having to move positions for the team so to speak as we had some fantastic players in the attacking positions back then. also with you saying he would have played anywhere for the team am I correct in thinking one time he did take over in goals due to an injury to Chris Woods ?

What a class act he was, great skills and could rocket a ball with both feet.

Watching that video showed me what we need in out present team, aggression and ability. Great goal scorers like Hately and McCoist who knew instinctively where the goal was and how to finish.