True Blue Ian Ferguson

7 hours ago, hammer time said:

as you say i'm sure when he looks at his medal collection it more than makes up for having to move positions for the team so to speak as we had some fantastic players in the attacking positions back then. also with you saying he would have played anywhere for the team am I correct in thinking one time he did take over in goals due to an injury to Chris Woods ?

I do seem to recall him taking over in goal for Chris Woods, and I'm also sure I was at that game, but my memory   Is very hazy and I can't remember who it was against, senility is definitely creeping in lol!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good parkhead boy who went to riverside secondary with my sister, his sister stayed across from us and he was always down hers in his new red Passatt when he just signed. Great  player who had an incredible shot as well as his tough tackling, always my first name on the team sheet  against them.

Had a wild reputation and had to curb his ways as he hung about with people who the press soon picked up on, but to his credit he did it and knuckled down.

As another poster said he was the best Fergison we had, different from Barry who was also a fine player, I reckon  they would have been both good alongside each other but Fergie was a true blue like all of us and wore his heart on his sleeve.  

Rangers Legend gets over used these days but this guy is a true Rangers legend.  

10 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

I do seem to recall him taking over in goal for Chris Woods, and I'm also sure I was at that game, but my memory   Is very hazy and I can't remember who it was against, senility is definitely creeping in lol!!

I'm pretty sure it was against St Mirren at Ibrox. Kenny mcdowall went for a challenge with woods and not having a keeper in the bench, Fergie too over. 

25 minutes ago, Bluedaz said:

I'm pretty sure it was against St Mirren at Ibrox. Kenny mcdowall went for a challenge with woods and not having a keeper in the bench, Fergie too over. 

Yes we got beat 1-0.

1 hour ago, Bluedaz said:

That's the very game mate, thanks for helping an auld yin out.

Topper of a player and 100% Blue down to his very bones - absolutely loved his unswerving commitment to the cause. Where'd the time go, though? 9IR years seem like only yesterday - amazing how fast it flies by.