New tops

Vwbear

7 hours ago, gsa said:

Benidorm is closer to Belgium than Turkey.

Also, grown men wearing football shirts on holiday look like tits. 

Thanks for the geography lesson 

and for the input on fashion

you must be a right good laugh 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Copland bear said:

If you want to hand over £45 of the £50 you spend to Fat Ashley by all means buy one, or get on eBay and buy a good 8 in a row one or 9 in a row one for the same money?

Then even less money of the 50 he will spend will go to the club no?

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Then even less money of the 50 he will spend will go to the club no?

Well when your club takes action against the company running the mercedise then it's a small price to pay.

The club have made their views on this matter clear but each to there own,

But every penny you spend on season tickets and cup games the more mone the club make not a fiver per strip. 

14 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Well when your club takes action against the company running the mercedise then it's a small price to pay.

The club have made their views on this matter clear but each to there own,

But every penny you spend on season tickets and cup games the more mone the club make not a fiver per strip. 

Not justifying it but you claimed 45 quid of the fifty goes to Ashley.  You then said buy an 8 or a 9iar top were none of it goes to the club. Surely it would be better a fiver than nothing going to Rangers?

(Again the retail deal is baws and needs ripped up, but if both tops cost 50 quid and one gets Rangers a fiver and the other 0 then surely the Rangers top is the better option?)

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Not justifying it but you claimed 45 quid of the fifty goes to Ashley.  You then said buy an 8 or a 9iar top were none of it goes to the club. Surely it would be better a fiver than nothing going to Rangers?

(Again the retail deal is baws and needs ripped up, but if both tops cost 50 quid and one gets Rangers a fiver and the other 0 then surely the Rangers top is the better option?)

nail head well done this man?

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I know what your saying and agree to a certain point but if we all keep buying tops and fat mike keeps getting all our money he isn't going to accept a new deal at a lower rate because what's the point when people still buying the tops!

its a personal choice and understand why people want to wear there new tops on holiday etc but i won't buy any til we get a better deal 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

OP if ye buy a top your no a real fan like copland bear said..... Fuck it mate buy 2 and become a rebel you'll be hated then? might push a few over the edge win win

I will probably by the three so should I bin my new ST and two lots of shares?

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

I know what your saying and agree to a certain point but if we all keep buying tops and fat mike keeps getting all our money he isn't going to accept a new deal at a lower rate because what's the point when people still buying the tops!

its a personal choice and understand why people want to wear there new tops on holiday etc but i won't buy any til we get a better deal 

I get all that mate. I'm just saying though if it was spending 50 and the club getting 0 or 5 (although I'd rather the club got 40 of the 50) I'd spend the 50 to ensure the club got 5.

Anyway it's an argument that will go on and on. But anyone who won't buy I understand and folk who will buy to ensure their kids have the new top I can understand. 

However the sooner the club let us know what's happening the better for all

fat mike doesn't get all our money I would rather the deal was ripped up but right now we need to deal with it. Point being I would rather Rangers got £1 of money than nothing at all. Sure I would like it to be more but its better than nothing... That's why ill be buying regardless.

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

don't think anyone has said this..

I said 'seem to think'. It's usually phrased as we get £4 and Ashley gets the rest. It's framed as if he then has £96 in his pocket, which obviously he doesn't. I don't know what his company's net profit is but it sure as he'll ain't 96%.

On the surface the choice of the club receiving £5 or nothing seems pretty obvious. However the underlying problem is that whilst the club may be receiving a share Sports direct is making a massive profit simultaneously which in turn strengthens their resolve to keep hold of such a one sided deal.

Imo giving the club a fiver is short term gain, long term loss. It's better to sacrifice a bit now to allow better leverage in an attempt to scrap the current deal?

The club need to use their position to influence fans as they have done which could well see the tables turned. Let's put the shoes on the other foot. The club need to be able to go to Sports direct and say look no one is buying the merchandise and therefore no one is benefiting here. We need to scrap or renegotiate the deal.

From a purely business perspective they would at least have serious decisions to contemplate. At the moment because they are profiting from our fans spending money they are more than happy to keep everything as it is.

We need to be strategic with this one.