Names on seats.

simon

Stangely enough, my old seat used to have my name on it, but it had it before I had the seat, the guy who used to have the seat just happened to have the same first and last name and middle initial as me, how mad is that?

what makes this story slightly less interesting is the fact I made it up. Dunno why names are on the seats always wondered myself.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I'd just like a bit more room in front of the seats. 

This.

Feel bad for the people in front of me who have my knees pushing against the back of their seat and its agony for me when they sit back.

It was a Murray scam to get extra money in in the early 90s.  Think it was called 'Ready for the Future' but may be wrong on that.

You had to pay an extra amount in addition to your season ticket and for that you got a name tag on your seat and the right to buy a season ticket for that seat for life or some defined period.  I think the latter 'right' only applied if you continued to buy your season ticket each season - so really didn't give you anything over and above that of normal season ticket holder having first dibs on repurchasing his seat each year.

it was a follow up on a previous scheme to get money into the club called Club 2000.  That had you paying your season ticket money x 2, and for that you got 10pc discount on your season ticket price for next 10years and various other club merchandise discounts.  Wasn't bad value that one but no name tag on seat.  

Always wondered why our various boards over the last few years didn't come up with similar schemes to get ready money in when we were cash-strapped.

I had the weird situation last year where me and my wife had got tickets to sit in the main stand beside the directors box, we were sitting in our seat when a man approached and asked if he and his friend could sit in our seats as he had been a season ticket holder for years and his name was on the back of it. Nice big fella that explained he had moved to the states years earlier in order to set up his business, to be fair we may scoff but this guy was pretty emotional about the whole thing ( it clearly meant a great deal to him ) anyway we took pictures and my wife emailed them to him and received a very nicely worded thank you from his daughter.

For me it was another reminder ( if any one was needed ) how deep our emotions run when it comes to all things Rangers :541:

55 minutes ago, Willis said:

Stangely enough, my old seat used to have my name on it, but it had it before I had the seat, the guy who used to have the seat just happened to have the same first and last name and middle initial as me, how mad is that?

what makes this story slightly less interesting is the fact I made it up. Dunno why names are on the seats always wondered myself.

I was thinking what is the most common name in the UK? Smith!!! You were sitting in Will Smiths old seat? You were possibly his long lost love child by some strange twist of fate unwittingly sitting in Daddy's seat.

Then you had to ruin it with all your reality pish!:disappointment:

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

This.

Feel bad for the people in front of me who have my knees pushing against the back of their seat and its agony for me when they sit back.

Love my seat as nobody behind or in front of me. 

Can stand the whole game and I bother nobody. 

It was a scheme launched in 1994 or 95 called "Ready for the Future" where if you gave them 400 quid (I think from memory), you got your name on your seat and a ten percent discount for your season ticket for 10 years. My name is on a seat in CF3 seat G90 I think

1 hour ago, Ibroxholm said:

It was a Murray scam to get extra money in in the early 90s.  Think it was called 'Ready for the Future' but may be wrong on that.

You had to pay an extra amount in addition to your season ticket and for that you got a name tag on your seat and the right to buy a season ticket for that seat for life or some defined period.  I think the latter 'right' only applied if you continued to buy your season ticket each season - so really didn't give you anything over and above that of normal season ticket holder having first dibs on repurchasing his seat each year.

it was a follow up on a previous scheme to get money into the club called Club 2000.  That had you paying your season ticket money x 2, and for that you got 10pc discount on your season ticket price for next 10years and various other club merchandise discounts.  Wasn't bad value that one but no name tag on seat.  

Always wondered why our various boards over the last few years didn't come up with similar schemes to get ready money in when we were cash-strapped.

So 20 years later they've lost 128 members.

45 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I was thinking what is the most common name in the UK? Smith!!! You were sitting in Will Smiths old seat? You were possibly his long lost love child by some strange twist of fate unwittingly sitting in Daddy's seat.

Then you had to ruin it with all your reality pish!:disappointment:

I thought it was now either Mohammed or Khan.

Guest Lloyd72
51 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Love my seat as nobody behind or in front of me. 

Can stand the whole game and I bother nobody. 

I wish I could stand the whole game. I'm begging for the club to give us standing area in the copland because sitting down is a nuisance for me.

I am very back row of CF5 mate. Next to the exit at the top of one of those little staircases.

Absolutely perfect for a hassle free view.

Unless I end up with a mentalist taking the seat to my left for the coming season that is.

:P @Rfc52