DJ MENTIONS DURRANT COULD WORK WITH ALLY AND KENNY.

Speaking to The Glasgow Evening Times, Derek Johnstone has intimated that out-of-work Ally McCoist should consider replacing Ian Durrant as Rangers Under-20s coach.

There is a vacancy at Ibrox after Durrant and Rangers parted company on Thursday.

McCoist has been out of football since quitting as Rangers manager in 2014, having won two promotions with the Gersfollowing their financial meltdown in 2012.

He also enjoyed a hugely successful playing career with Rangers, netting 251 times in 418 appearances in a goal-laden 15-year spell which yielded 19 major domestic honours.

Kenny McDowall is also free at the moment, having been McCoist's number two in the dugout and later Rangers boss in a caretaker capacity following the 53-year-old's exit.

And Johnstone has suggested that the duo could get back together to replace Durrant at Ibrox.

"It won’t be the end of the road for wee Duranty. Ally McCoist has said he wants another job so who knows," he told TheGlasgow Evening Times.

McCoist remains revered on the blue half of Glasgow and surely supporters would love to see him return, despite the low-profile capacity, but it remains to be seen if he would accept the role, having sat in the big seat for three years. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DJ can fuck right off, he is the old boys club in action :lol:

Ally shouldn't be anywhere near us in any staff capacity ever again IMO.  

Please don't turn this into another "lets say nasty shit about ally" thread,  we have had enough of those and they end up getting locked.

19 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

The insinuation must be that Durrant will assist McCoist in any future role he'd have in management , not a chance in hell of Coisty making an Ibrox return,unless it's half time draw presenter .

Agree with this, looks more like they're saying that ally is currently looking for a job and it's not the end of the road for durrant  coz coisty will take him with him 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's a fat clown - I've listened to this prick and cringed for almost 25 years solid 

Harsh kai,there's no way DJ is advocating a McCoist return, this has been picked up wrong.With regards to big DJ''s media career I'd say he's done well considering he has no opinions and pretty poor jokes but he's still a hard guy to dislike. 

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Harsh kai,there's no way DJ is advocating a McCoist return, this has been picked up wrong.With regards to big DJ''s media career I'd say he's done well considering he has no opinions and pretty poor jokes but he's still a hard guy to dislike. 

He's a helmet mate it's not based on this alone 

"It won’t be the end of the road for wee Duranty. Ally McCoist has said he wants another job so who knows," he told TheGlasgow Evening Times.

That is the only quote. Everyone slags off the media like hell, until they make up stuff about one of the forum whipping boys then people just believe the journo bollocks.

That quote insinuates nothing other than that Durrant could get another job with McCoist who is looking to get back into management. 

I've read that a few times and he says fuck all of the sort, if McCoist gets another job Durrant may be called on to assist is my reading of it with prob McDowall in the mix as well.

I assume the DJ haters and baiters never seen the big man in the flesh,it  looks like the headline was read and without reading the actual quote jumped right in with abuse, the big man was a top player for many tears with us back off ffs.

Well done most of you, you happily rolled into the trap. The idiocy on this forum is astounding. doh

6 hours ago, ianferguson said:

The insinuation must be that Durrant will assist McCoist in any future role he'd have in management , not a chance in hell of Coisty making an Ibrox return,unless it's half time draw presenter .

5 hours ago, Waggy1872 said:

Agree with this, looks more like they're saying that ally is currently looking for a job and it's not the end of the road for durrant  coz coisty will take him with him 

1 hour ago, legalbeagle said:

That is the only quote. Everyone slags off the media like hell, until they make up stuff about one of the forum whipping boys then people just believe the journo bollocks.

That quote insinuates nothing other than that Durrant could get another job with McCoist who is looking to get back into management. 

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

I've read that a few times and he says fuck all of the sort, if McCoist gets another job Durrant may be called on to assist is my reading of it with prob McDowall in the mix as well.

I assume the DJ haters and baiters never seen the big man in the flesh,it  looks like the headline was read and without reading the actual quote jumped right in with abuse, the big man was a top player for many tears with us back off ffs.

You four are exempt from that.

I guarantee everyone giving DJ shit for this purely over a journalists made up headline have bitched and will bitch in future about journalists making stuff up and taking things out of context, but only when it is about someone they like.