Rangers Fans Top The Table For Offensive Behaviour

FSM

Capture.JPG

DETAILED figures released today show a dramatic increase in the number of football fans charged under the SNP's Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.

Rangers fans come out the worst, accounting for 25 per cent of the total charges brought under the legislation, although that figure doesn't take account of their massive fan base.

It's also a fall from previous years. In the 2014/15 figures the proportion of the total charges connected to Rangers fans was 30 per cent.

Ibrox was also the football stadium with the highest proportion of charges brought, with 17 per cent of the total alleged offences taking place there. Morton’s Cappielow Park was the second highest, with 8 per cent

Nine per cent of the charges brought under the act in 2015/16 related to Celtic fans, with Hearts and Kilmarnock fans also making up 9 per cent of the rap sheet.

Some 22 per cent of the offensive behaviour was based on religion.

Within that subset, 87 per cent of the charges related to religious hatred against Catholics.

A total of 73 of the 181 charges related to abusive singing, with 2015/16 being the first year that no fans in Scotland were charged for an offensive banner.

Edinburgh and Glasgow are the areas with the highest proportion of charges per 100,000 people, although those are the areas that draw the largest crowds.

Half of the total charges occurred at a football stadium, an increase of 4 per cent on last year. There was a massive increase in charges taking place on public transport – 23 per cent of charges compared to just 5 per cent last year.

The age group of the accused also show that those between 16-20 are most likely to be charged, with 42 per cent of charges relating to that age group.

The match between Hearts and Kilmarnock in October of last year was the game with the highest amount offences, with 20 fans charged

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgraceful,

This is all the proof we need that Rangers fans are targeted.

Motherwell riot against us, Celtic smash up Motherwell, Dundee and try and set Ibrox seats alight during reserve game yet we are way out in front.

This should be included in the enquiry as this shows that we have been targeted by the goverment and now society sees us as fair game.

The club must come out and defend our fans as this makes us sound like hooligans when other clubs are much much worse.

Will be going to my SNP MP why we and only we are being targeted 

Just now, one55 said:

the big bad rangers! we're all violent criminals! sure other clubs have their own unruly lot but no where near us!

Just think of it as leading the rest with 71 titles. The world's most successful and offensive club :D

7 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Christ the amount of folk that's going to use this shit as ammo doh

No we use it on them.

These figures prove we are being targeted, how can you explain why we have nearly 3 times the arrests Celtic do? 

Dundee and Motherwell away alone should have saw over 100 arrests but the stewards head was scared for his staffs safety and told them yo pull back.

This shows police Scotland for what they truly are.

If this was Muslims or blacks their would be people re,over from posts, every bear should challange their MP over this, expecially if you have a SNP msp or MP.   

Actually, come to think about it.   Our number is 71 people in a year,   take that in  71 people.  That is only people charged,  it doesn't say how many of yhat 71 were found guilty.

71 people over the space of a year, a year where we have packed crowds every other weekend, and we take away full allocations of fans to every away game.  I'd say somewhere in the region of a million tickets would be a fair guess.     so roughly 0.0071 of tickets sold to Rangers fans resulted in "charges" against Rangers fans.

hardly something that needed new fucking legislation in the first place IMO.

17 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

These figures prove we are being targeted, how can you explain why we have nearly 3 times the arrests Celtic do? 

Playing devil's advocate here but maybe it could simply be down to us packing out Ibrox and Ceptic Park being 1/3 full lasty season?

14 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Actually, come to think about it.   Our number is 71 people in a year,   take that in  71 people.  That is only people charged,  it doesn't say how many of yhat 71 were found guilty.

71 people over the space of a year, a year where we have packed crowds every other weekend, and we take away full allocations of fans to every away game.  I'd say somewhere in the region of a million tickets would be a fair guess.     so roughly 0.0071 of tickets sold to Rangers fans resulted in "charges" against Rangers fans.

hardly something that needed new fucking legislation in the first place IMO.

Excellent point. 

Now I might need to put my hard hat on here..And make my skin as tough as buffalo hide..But most of the arrests of Rangers fans are for adding the old FTP at the end of nearly every song we sing..Now don't get me wrong I used to do this ALL the time as well, I did however stop doing it when this unjust Law was brought in as I was informed that adding it would see me getting arrested. I am well aware that police scotland are not altogether clued up on what constitutes the right or wrong wording or phrases when we sing certain songs (fenians)..But I would guess that over half of the Rangers fans arrested were for using the added caveat that we do..

The Law was brung in to jail us..Don't give them an excuse to do so..