Warburtons strengths & weaknesses

Smile

What have we found out about Warburton after a season at us? What do you think he has done well at, what do you think he's not done as well at and could maybe do better.

Strengths for me is he seems to be very hard working as a manager and has done a great/ excellent job on a very tight budget.

Weakness is  the lack of fight or being unable to motivate our players at the end of the season after the league was won.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His stubbornness to his game plan is and will be his major weakness.

there is no plan b.

i will hold off on the substitution criticism as this season he will have a great deal more quality from the bench.

although I have made some criticism I must admit he has given us our pride back in our team and his style of football is second to none in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

His stubbornness to his game plan is and will be his major weakness.

there is no plan b.

i will hold off on the substitution criticism as this season he will have a great deal more quality from the bench.

although I have made some criticism I must admit he has given us our pride back in our team and his style of football is second to none in Scotland.

Pretty much sums it up for me. I honestly do worry that we don't seem to have the ability to change a game when things aren't working though, as you need to be able to adapt formations at times rather thAn just keep on persevering with something when it's not going your way in a particular game. 

Definately the whole do plan A better thing. I was slated on here for arguing this point. You need more than one plan In the event of the first one not working. 

The substitutions are pre planned and sometimes take away the flow of the game. 

Rather than using subs to our advantage it's more like fresh legs but can take off players that are pivotal.

strengths are obvious:  wise with the hate filled bigoted bastard media, attack minded, good football at times, keeping possession

weaknesses:  no plan b, no matter how outplayed we are, SUBS; when controlling a match still at the 60 min mark can make some real strange decisions...secondly, its always at the 60 min mark or 70 fuck it beer WATP

Only have one formation. It's ridiculous. Formation should be suited to the players not players crammed into a formation. It's led to Waghorn and Miller both playing on the wings and McKay and Forrester playing CM. Instead of going 2 up front or a 4-2-3-1. Genuinely think we are better going with a 4-2-3-1 next season.

Waghorn

McKay Kranjcar Forrester

Barton Rossiter

Wallace Wilson Kiernan Tavernier

Wes

If we sign Kranjcar, for example. If not then someone else. We have all these DMs now and are going to end up cramming one into CM. 

2 minutes ago, Alendrin said:

strengths are obvious:  wise with the hate filled bigoted bastard media, attack minded, good football at times, keeping possession

weaknesses:  no plan b, no matter how outplayed we are, SUBS; when controlling a match still at the 60 min mark can make some real strange decisions...secondly, its always at the 60 min mark or 70 fuck it beer WATP

He's done well with the media as they have been very different to what he would have been used to at Brentford

I think the Hatred in Scotland of our club would have been a shock to any outsider coming in..

22 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Shouldn't David Weir come under fire for that?

Agree Weir should shoulder some of the blame as he was a very good organiser of the defence and made very average looking defenders look good.

Maybe its harder to do from the Touchline.

Positives :-

He signed and put together a team who won us promotion.

The same players played some great football.

We got to 2 finals, winning one - these were a bonus as we were concentrating on promotion.

His pressers in dealing with the mhedia is excellent.

He wears a magic hat.

Negatives :-

You won't find me slagging him off after acheiving the above.

Strengths:

- man management

- work ethic 

- football philosophy 

- transfer dealings

Weaknesses:

- lack of defensive awareness

- substitutions 

Will give him a pass on the two potential weaknesses, as he didn't get the DM he wanted in Eustace, and when you can only bring on Nicky Clark you don't have much to play with. 

Delighted with his first season, given where we started. Albeit, we can't afford the few prolonged dips in form we had this year if we want 55. 

Strengths:

Transformed the culture at our club which was embarrassing and ingrained over many a year 

Built a league winning team in a short space of time with very little money

Has us looking like a professional team who trains and eats/diets like athletes

Has tried and at times succeeded in delivering fantastic football to the club (to easily forgotten, simply fantastic at times, Celtic chased shadows and it was a wonderful sight)

On that - he masterminded a OF win which will live long in the memory.

Is able to identify and attract young talent or employ others that are able to so

Speaks fantastically well and represents the club in  a manner fitting of a Rangers Manager

Has given us (certainly me) back our pride - a team that we can be proud of (no more overweight, over paid, over rated, lacking values players undeserving of a Rangers strip)

Is able to identify those not good enough and take the tough decisions to let them go.

Personally I cannot speak highly enough of the man, its easy for the bitter defeat at Hampden to dominate our thoughts (last game/1st remembered) however I never expected him to have the impact he has had on and off the field.   I thoroughly enjoyed that season.  Sure he is still learning and will make mistakes however I dread the day he's not our gaffer.

Weaknesses 

Talks a lot about respect I felt earlier in the year he could have been more assertive in dismissing roles he was linked to out of respect for us as fans and the club - he was only months in and he could have stamped on the speculation.

The failure to defend set pieces or address the situation has to be mentioned.  It could have cost us a old firm we bossed and did cost us a Cup Final.

I am hesitant to knock the guy for much else until he has a full pre-season and is able to work with a team that he didn't have to throw together.

Oh strength

He has a magic hat.