Ruud's a fan

Alec87

34 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Not being funny but how many years was he in England? Surely any man and his dog can tell that's no real.

I particularly like the part about the oil firm Derby.

By the way if you are one of these gullable folk I have some good and bad news to tell you about regarding a distant Nigerian relative. Pm for details

I've got a distant Nigerian relative ?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, markem said:

Don't want to take anything away from your memories however when I heard the likes of Neville and Keane (yes that one) talk of the atmosphere that night and how great it was I couldn't help but think they hadn't seen a thing compared to some of the other CL games of that era, in particular Parma a few years earlier (to be fair your were 4).

Don't get me wrong it wasn't flat that night but they scored early and it took the sting out the occasion, for me anyway.

Lasting memory of mine was watching  a Manc thump another one in the broomy for pulling out a ROI flag.

Aye it was more pre match I was referring to 

Had been to one of the uefa cup games two seasons before against feyenord but just the whole champions league experience at ibrox , before the match I was just stood in awe 

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Those two Bayern games that year were the biggest cases of daylight robbery I've suffered as a Rangers fan. Should have been two comfortable rangers wins. Against the eventual semi-finalists. Them were the days, eh.

Yeah. Tbh I thought the one at Ibrox we were hanging on , not with what Bayern were doing , but with the nerves of holding onto a one goal lead with injury time looming. 

The away game , I thought we were immense , not only deserving a draw but a win . Was that not the one Barry Ferguson took the piss out of Mattheus ? 

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Yeah. Tbh I thought the one at Ibrox we were hanging on , not with what Bayern were doing , but with the nerves of holding onto a one goal lead with injury time looming. 

The away game , I thought we were immense , not only deserving a draw but a win . Was that not the one Barry Ferguson took the piss out of Mattheus ? 

Yeah. Barry had his number. I guess it was getting to the fading part of his career though. 

When I was young, Lothar Matthaus was the guy I used to always 'go' when I played with my mates, whilst wearing my Italia 90 West Germany strip. He's the player I always wanted to be. That made it all the better seeing young Barry give him a torrid time. :)

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. Barry had his number. I guess it was getting to the fading part of his career though. 

When I was young, Lothar Matthaus was the guy I used to always 'go' when I played with my mates, whilst wearing my Italia 90 West Germany strip. He's the player I always wanted to be. That made it all the better seeing young Barry give him a torrid time. :)

See , that's the difference between you and me . 

I was always Colin Stein :D . 

Just now, gmcf said:

See , that's the difference between you and me . 

I was always Colin Stein :D . 

It is indeed, old boy. :)

23 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Aye it was more pre match I was referring to 

Had been to one of the uefa cup games two seasons before against feyenord but just the whole champions league experience at ibrox , before the match I was just stood in awe 

Aye the build ups were brilliant, incredible noise.  Could have been the best ever that night - recall PL having a right good chance.

5 minutes ago, markem said:

Aye the build ups were brilliant, incredible noise.  Could have been the best ever that night - recall PL having a right good chance.

Always remember against barca in the Manchester season , ball put in and fergusson slides in and misses the ball by inches , genuinely believe if that went in the roof would have blew off ibrox at that point :lol:

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Always remember against barca in the Manchester season , ball put in and fergusson slides in and missed it by inches , genuinely believe if that went in the roof would have blew off ibrox at that point :lol:

:D

12 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Still makes my blood boil and hated that big bastard ever since. Mols had been playing like a superstar until that happened and was one of the best players I'd ever seen. He was making big name players in Europe look like dafties.  

We played them off the park in that match in Germany hitting the woodwork about three times and had reached the level required to win the thing. A lethal hitman like big Ruud was all we needed. That Bayern team went on to win the CL if I remember right and they were nothing special.  

And they got a free kick that never was in the last minute at Ibrox to get a 1-1 draw, yes Mols could have been up there with Laudrup if it was not for that cunt Khan, he was never half the player he was after that.  

15 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Mols at his best at Ibrox he tore them apart, Still can't believe that cunt Kahn never got sent off for doing Mols as it was just past the half way line down the wing and he was the fucking Keeper, Mols was never the same after that.

Mols was a genius in my opinion, best striker we've ever had at our club. That injury was sickening.

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Mols was a genius in my opinion, best striker we've ever had at our club. That injury was sickening.

Old man still growls at the mention of Oliver khan to this day over that , he firmly believes mols was set to be more than a match to Larson at that time 

9 hours ago, dalton said:

My missus no interest in football she being english -understood after watching this on a highlights on itv began to undestand my team and me being rangers

Great night that,good memories,scrap in a pub,watch match,hand shandy off my then Mrs in car on her mums driveway,perfect night