Lack of transfer fees..

Anybody else worried about this and the way we are doing our business?.

I am not saying for one minute that you need to spend millions to be successful but i dont like the idea of getting near record season ticket sales and not a lot of solid investment going into the team.

I know its early days but i thought that Barton and Rossiter was an early indication that we mean business, however a lot of the players that have been linked thereafter dont fill me with great confidence.

I may well be wrong but i would like to see us broaden our horizons a little more in the transfer market, there are a lot of talented players in the European leagues that have great potential/sell on value.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The money we are spending on wages and signing fees for the players we have brought would equate to a sizeable transfer fee for players that are currently under contract with other clubs. 

If we can win the league without paying any transfer fees I will be delighted.

If the signings don't work and we fail to win the league, the buck stops with the Manager and Board.

Whomever comes in must get our backing 100%.

Transfer Window in England doesn't open until 1st July.

However, you again have to trust that MW knows what he's doing, I'm sure if he was unhappy with the backing (or lack thereof) then he's clever enough to make it known.

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Yeah if we can't spend 750k on Bradshaw then it's worrying. We seemed to spend a lot more last summer and logically we should be upping that just now. 

It's really to early to panic or judge  but I've got to laugh at the crackpots on here that think we will win the league with a team of free transfers who's clubs couldn't be bothered keeping them.

we can't use 1 game against the beasts last season as the benchmark as they will improve just like us.

5 minutes ago, Ace said:

Transfer Window in England doesn't open until 1st July.

However, you again have to trust that MW knows what he's doing, I'm sure if he was unhappy with the backing (or lack thereof) then he's clever enough to make it known.

He will know what he is doing within the constraints of the budget given to him and that means working within the bargain basements. No doubt he will land lucky with a few, but at the end of the day, quality costs money.

As for showing any dissent, he would be gone if he is not singing from the same hymn sheet as the board, as it is in any company and it would be unprofessional of him to publicly criticise. He will already know the budget and must have accepted it to stay here. That's not saying he is happy with it, but is prepared to work within the set financial constraints of it. It's all about the budget matching the expectations of the board and none of us know what they are.

23 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

Anybody else worried about this and the way we are doing our business?.

I am not saying for one minute that you need to spend millions to be successful but i dont like the idea of getting near record season ticket sales and not a lot of solid investment going into the team.

I know its early days but i thought that Barton and Rossiter was an early indication that we mean business, however a lot of the players that have been linked thereafter dont fill me with great confidence.

I may well be wrong but i would like to see us broaden our horizons a little more in the transfer market, there are a lot of talented players in the European leagues that have great potential/sell on value.

It's what I expected .Think MW said he wanted all his signings in early .Going by that statement ,then I'm not going to expect us to spend big money on transfers .

If the scum spend big then it may pressure the board the to step up although I doubt that too .

MW hasn't signed to many failures so I guess it's all down to bosmans he finds  .His good work will keep the pressure off the board 

No 1 wants to go back to the days of spending money for the sake of it and tbh I'm happy with the players we've brought in so far but we do need some money spent on real quality at the proper age, players in their prime. I think if we don't spend any money on transfers then DK has ripped the support off imo. I know he's spent on wages etc but he needs to show the taigs and everyone else we really mean business with the real proper signings. 

32 minutes ago, Lidl said:

The money we are spending on wages and signing fees for the players we have brought would equate to a sizeable transfer fee for players that are currently under contract with other clubs. 

And is being paid by 35,000 season tickets not King.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

And is being paid by 35,000 season tickets not King.

Exactly.  And didn't King boast last year that all season ticket money would be spent on the playing squad ?  Implication being that the board would fund the other operating costs. Mind you, I think that was before the season tickets went on sale so he might not have been serious to be fair.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

There is 2 months left of this transfer window. 

Cunts are crazy.

This! A lot of the money doesn't get spent until near the end of the window once the bigger teams start making moves freeing up fringe players to move on later in the window once the big teams have covered the gaps in their squad. 

Makes sence to do the free transfers early as they will be snapped up early because they are free... 

Im sure the gaffer knows what he's doing

would you not rather bring in players of premier league quality like we are doing for free  than be like celtic and spend money on 2 dundee utd scott allan and ryan christie.

i know what i prefer and remember these guys wont come cheap so we are spending on wages rather than fees

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

and therein lies the rub!

Our single biggest weakness is in central defence and that should be the priority and a pensioner from QPR won't cut it.

Can we not wait till he's played for us before we judge. Majority of us Probly thought the exact same about Davie Weir and we all no how that turned out.

99% of you haven't watched any player we have signed for over 5 games. So how can you say they are pish already or aren't good enough to win us the league?

It gets boring listening to the same drivel from Fifa managers online who automatically claim players aren't good because of their name:lol: Or because the SPL is La Liga quality?:lol:

Money rarely = success and that's not counting the money on fees, wages and compensation already. 

People are wanting us to spend just for the sake of it. 

The manager has said before money doesn't guarantee quality and that if he did have a £5m transfer kitty he wouldn't be looking to spend it all for the sake of it.

If MW is happy with the transfer dealings then why can't the fans accept it?